over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Powerlifting for mass?

Maxlift315

Registered
Anyone get some nice size gains powerlifting gonna try it for 3-6 months and see where it takes me. Not for hypertrophy I know but you gotta have the mass to back what you lift IMO. Anyone whos gotten some nice size please share your experiences.

it's definitely put some size on... but don't expect massive slabs of mass. Powerlifting makes you STRONG and a bit bigger. Bodybuilding makes you BIG and a bit stronger.

cool iv researched and someone whos never done strength training may actually gain a lot of size doing powerlifting for the first time.PPl say lift heavy to get big others say lift more reps to get big guess ill have to try and find out! Il give it a shot and see, maybe ill get bigger cuz iv neer done pure power training. I dont expect crazy muscle but if i work my way up and can bench 500 pounds in reps you gotta have size to back it. How often to you see skinny guys that are strong neway trial and error. Could get bigger doing this but ill never know till i try.

Last edited:
Ill try it out regardless and see 3 months is not that long. If i dont get bigger back to bodybuilding!

Keep in mind Diet will also play a very large roll in size gain. I know alot of very, very large powerlifters who carry around 250+ lbs of lean mass very easily however they are also at 15%+ BF and eat everything in sight. So you need to be consuming enough calories to grow. But I can tell you from 20+ yrs experience that you are not going to stay ripped if that is your goal.

Anyway, it all depends on your goals and to be honest I do not think you can truly evaluate a training method by giving it only 3 to 6 mos. So if you want to get stronger then get into Powerlifting, if you want to get bigger you can incorporate the Power Lifts into a size building program. Perhaps looking into something like Josh Bryants Powerbuilding.

Good Luck
An Old Dawg

the olddawg makes sense. just like with any sport that involves gaining weight or losing, or even gaining as much muscle with as little body fat as possible, diet is key. especially if you dont want to look like a mess. an effective training routine will definitly help aswell.

3-6 months of anything wont make you a new person unless its a diet, but yeah strength training on bodybuilding exercises while doing some bodybuilding rep ranges too is the bestway to train for size in my opinion

you dont have to push the limits in training intensity etc to grow when ur taking enough "sups" but otherwise its best to get strong on everything from what ive seen

it's definitely put some size on... but don't expect massive slabs of mass. Powerlifting makes you STRONG and a bit bigger. Bodybuilding makes you BIG and a bit stronger.

bodybuilding when training to make the biggest gains possible involves a shit ton of strength training, your gonna want 315-405 for reps on shoulder press if you want the size that some of these pros have...

but ya generally training for powerlifting = no care about muscle gains, and generally training for bodybuilding = strength isnt the focus

OP, just focus on strength training on bodybuilding exercises using some bodybuilding rep ranges

as far as im concerned its easier to improve ur rep strength than ur max strength anyway

Powerlifting built my body more effectively than traditional bodybuilding did, however my accessory work has high volume and does resemble bodybuilding in some ways

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws