over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

powerlifting

Jrflex10er

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Thinking about getting into powerlifting for a few years.....I train like a bodybuilder now but I was wondering what the purpose of board work for bench press and chains are used for? Also, what other good power movements will help all 3 lifts? bench, squats, and deads.

Jrflex10er said:
Thinking about getting into powerlifting for a few years.....I train like a bodybuilder now but I was wondering what the purpose of board work for bench press and chains are used for? Also, what other good power movements will help all 3 lifts? bench, squats, and deads.
you got a lot of learning to do. check out westside barbell website read as many louie simmons articles as you can. i like training like ronnie coleman you get the best of both worlds.

keep the comments coming men....I have a good base with just bodybuilding lifts...I do already stress deads bench and squats.

Lifts:

Deads 550
bench 405
squats 575

Jrflex10er said:
keep the comments coming men....I have a good base with just bodybuilding lifts...I do already stress deads bench and squats.

Lifts:

Deads 550
bench 405
squats 575
you half way there now just do the research learn how to train for powerlifting gear and find some guy's to train with that are hardcore power lifter and your #'s will jump up fast.

Elitefts.com has a lot of great articles too.

Chains are typically used for dynamic days, to increase power and speed. The weight deloads somewhat when u lower the bar because more chain is on the ground. Then u explode off the chest and the weight increases as u go up.

Boards are used to work different areas of your bench. 4 and 5 boards work the lockout with little shirt involvement. 3 boards works the bench in that area where the shirt switches over to the triceps. ! and 2 boards work lower into the shirt.

They are good because they get u used to using heavier weight, so when u go loighter off the chest it doesn't feel as heavy

weight is 228lbs in the morning 21 years old...sick of lifting these girly weights....want more explosiveness...would louie simmons vids be worth buying for something like me?

Last edited:
u plan on cutting weight(water) and going 220 lbs or do u plan on gaining and going 242. I am on the low end of the 220, Little over 200, but plan on gaining some size along with my lifts.

Jrflex10er said:
weight is 228lbs in the morning 21 years old...sick of lifting these girly weights....want more explosiveness...would louie simmons vids be worth buying for something like me?
i have them they show all the trick of the trade..21 you of to real good start

the federation thing makes a big difference in what suits and shirts u can use. This will also add some weight to your total.

If I happen to get into powerlifting then I'm going all Raw lifts. I don't believe in bench shirts etc.

Jrflex10er said:
If I happen to get into powerlifting then I'm going all Raw lifts. I don't believe in bench shirts etc.
if that the case then i wouldn't buy louie simmons video..it's for how to train your body for equipment.

Jrflex10er said:
I have never been to a comp where no one is using a shirt or suit.
they take a bit to get used to but once you do, it is amazing how much they help and support you. Less chance for injury too while maxing out!

they have raw meats not allot but they are out there.

I thought Ed Coan was known for doing only Raw lifts????

If you're just gonna do raw lifts then find a fed the has a raw division or is strictly raw. My advice is to do a few meets raw and see how you like powerlifting. If you want to continue, you'll need a squat suit and a bench shirt.

PB

Competitive powerlifting is about bench shirts and squat suits. But if you want to lift raw then as said already find a raw only organization. If you want to lift with the big boys go IPA or APF. I would say if you are going to lift in the 220 class then your training weight should be at least 235. Cut the weight, weigh in at 220 the day before the meet then re-hydrate and eat like a horse to put on as much weight as possible overnight. You should be able to get back up to 226 or so on meet day.
Bench press is all about triceps work them hard as hell. Most bench lifts fail towards the top or half way point. The best exercise for the squat and deadlift is any variation of a good morning. When I was competing my top set good mornings were done with 405 lbs to 455lbs which translated to an 804 squat and 625 deadlift.
Try elitefts and westside barbell websites for more training ideas.

if you like powerlifting compete if you want to lift raw lift raw. it's more impressive to watch then some one with a shirt or squat suit on.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131