advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Psycho Ex put a website/password logger on my computer...

Thanks for the shoutout ducki, id be glad to help any one of you out with any computer issues... i know kaiser knows his stuff as well, but im here if anyone needs help... im what youd call a computer nerd on steroids ha!

Not to familiar with keyloggers but you can check your virus software to see if the keylogger is unchecked for unwanted programs that it scans for. If its unchecked then your anti virus probably wont see it as a threat. If it is then check it and see if a scan picks it up. good luck.

Would installing windows again wipe whatever it is off of the computer?

In the future always protect your computer with having an account with you as the administrator and a highly restricted guest account if you must allow others to use your computer. Not only will this protect you from something similar in the future it will keep other peeps from downloading and installing spyware/malware crap to your machine. Personally I don't allow anyone to use my machine. I have a POS laptop for guest usage.

Is this something that I actually have to have a disk for or can I download online?

Have you gone to control panel and gone to add/remove programs to see if it shows up there? Or go into your hard drive and go to program files and look for it.

For Malware and Spyware, I'd highly suggest www.MalwareBytes.org and www.SuperAntiSpyware.com . Download both free versions and roll with them (install/update/run).

As for anti-virus, quit paying for any anti-virus program and just go download www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ . It's 100% free and contains ZERO bloatware. Make absolutely sure you uninstall ALL other anti-virus programs before attempting to install this. If you have problems uninstalling any anti-virus software, go to the manufacturers website and look for their uninstaller helpers.

If it were my computer i would go buy and new hard drive and reinstall windows and all the stuff you need. Take a torch and melt your old 1 into a really nice small ball. Put it in a glass jar and say trace this B'ch.. lol but thats just me..

Use a LIVECD and boot off of it. You can do whatever you want to and she won't be able to track it at all :) Or reinstall windows but she could reinstall it.....If she is an EX and no access to the house then she can't reinstall it :)

Last edited:
The ex is probably lying, most tend to, some better than others. But to be on the safe side if it's worth $50 bucks to restore your piece of mind then go with Powerstrokin's suggestion a just buy a new drive. You can even still use the old one as a storage device.

Make sure you remove any dongles or usb devices that she may have left behind on the computer. And for the love of God change the locks on your home if you haven't already.

The ex is probably lying, most tend to, some better than others. But to be on the safe side if it's worth $50 bucks to restore your piece of mind then go with Powerstrokin's suggestion a just buy a new drive. You can even still use the old one as a storage device.

Make sure you remove any dongles or usb devices that she may have left behind on the computer. And for the love of God change the locks on your home if you haven't already.

Would still need to do a clean install on a new HD, so why not just do a clean instal on the same HD?

Typed from my new M17X R3.:D

I've seen a van knocking around my way called geek squad maybe they can help you.

**broken link removed**

Just wondering if you ever got this issue fixed or solved?

Just been using a back up laptop, most likely going to just buy a new one.

Are you serious?

Have you read any of the advice?

Can I have the old lappy? :D

PMCCHRIS, you're still going to have to extract your data from the old drive and wipe it clean before discarding it.

DoD-Compliant Disk Sanitation Software:
IT Policies : DoD-Compliant Disk Sanitation Software

See the following for more info/software:

How to REALLY erase a hard drive | ZDNet

How to Completely Erase a Hard Drive
How to Completely Erase a Hard Drive - PCWorld

Last edited:
Would still need to do a clean install on a new HD, so why not just do a clean instal on the same HD?

Typed from my new M17X R3.:D

I just assumed that PMCCHRIS had no backup device to begin with. This just makes things simpler.

Quarter pound of C4 down at the bomb range works alot faster ;)

PMCCHRIS, you're still going to have to extract your data from the old drive and wipe it clean before discarding it.

DoD-Compliant Disk Sanitation Software:
IT Policies : DoD-Compliant Disk Sanitation Software

See the following for more info/software:

How to Completely Erase a Hard Drive
How to Completely Erase a Hard Drive - PCWorld

Advice for Member with crazy EX Spouse

I am in the middle of a Divorce. After trying to square things away for 9 months ( I have two kids and wanted to do everything in my power to not get divorced) I realized it is time to end things. The best advice I got was to treat my wife just like a irrate customer. Be polite but not familiar. She now tries to get back with me by playing with my emotions but it does not work anymore. 9 months of hell did its damage to my family. I don't attack back with words. I just simply ignore her or am polite and do not bad mouth her to the kids (she had an affair). She is going to be out of my life and I wish her well.
Hopefully we can end this thing in a fair way without drama.

Once I am divorced I will still have to deal with her for childcare etc so It is not a divorce and never hear from her again deal.

So basically, it is up to the guy to take emotion out of the situation and treat her as a mentally disturbed person. Don't get pulled in to her drama. That is what she wants.

Good luck to both of US !!,

Scott:headbang:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner