over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quad sweep

What have you found best to do that?

abductor machine, feet high and wide stances on pressing/squatting with a slower emphasis on the negative, sumo deads are amazing for them...

Surprised no one said this, maybe I just do them wrong, but I've found the best growth to be from doing hack squats feet about a foot apart. If go narrower but my knees seem to get unhappy.

Doing that exercise was the best progress I've made on my quads. I do feet closer together on leg press now as I don't have a hack squat machine that is comfortable.

Real Sissy squats
Feet close together on squatting and leg press lower on the platform (push with pressure closer to toes)
Leg extension legs shoulder width toes pointed downward and towards each other slightly lights my outside head of quad up

Last edited:
Real Sissy squats
Feet close together on squatting and leg press lower on the platform (push with pressure closer to toes)
Leg extension legs shoulder width toes pointed downward and towards each other slightly lights my outside head of quad up

I was actually doing those exact leg extensions before and it really does work. I done them one side at a time using fairly light weight but it has really made a difference recently. Obviously I would love to be doing 500 pounds squats but that isn't on the cards for me now :eek:

I was actually doing those exact leg extensions before and it really does work. I done them one side at a time using fairly light weight but it has really made a difference recently. Obviously I would love to be doing 500 pounds squats but that isn't on the cards for me now :eek:

how bout 500lb hack squats...???

how bout 500lb hack squats...???

My gym is very limited so at the moment no. Although whenever I train at a gym with a hack squat (or even squat machine) I take full advantage of it. Although to train in a gym here for 1 day it's about $20. Plus none here have a plate loaded hack squat :eek: My mates gym has one but it's not good (back doesn't feel right) and it takes me an hour to get there. My gym doesn't even have a plate loaded leg press :eek:

I could mimic the movement in the Smith but I know if I were to go heavy my back would eventually go one day. I miss my gym in the UK as I used to load up the hack squat and it felt safe. I plan to visit a few gyms further away to see what they have too. Equipment can really make the world of difference especially when you have a problem area :eek:

Yeah man I really like the 1 leg variation as well. What I usually do is do 3 sets with both legs then 3 sets with one leg.

I see so many using too much weight on leg extensions but the key is scooting up on the seat pointing toes downward, getting as much stretch as possible, then firing back up, all the way up where your flexing the quad. And I like think I'm my mind ok hold it for 4 seconds although I don't always get to by thinking that I can get a really good contraction. I used to hate leg extensions but the last year I've been using them faithfully and I really think there helping promote development in my tear drop and total quad development

I am surprised no one mentioned front squats. more recently i have found Safety Bar squats seem to place tension similar to front squats without worrying about balancing.

My gym is very limited so at the moment no. Although whenever I train at a gym with a hack squat (or even squat machine) I take full advantage of it. Although to train in a gym here for 1 day it's about $20. Plus none here have a plate loaded hack squat :eek: My mates gym has one but it's not good (back doesn't feel right) and it takes me an hour to get there. My gym doesn't even have a plate loaded leg press :eek:

I could mimic the movement in the Smith but I know if I were to go heavy my back would eventually go one day. I miss my gym in the UK as I used to load up the hack squat and it felt safe. I plan to visit a few gyms further away to see what they have too. Equipment can really make the world of difference especially when you have a problem area :eek:

I love hack machines.....

its a COMPLETE leg training machine.....

from "sissy sqts" to lunges can be performed with little to NO
spine involvement....

:lightbulb:

spine involvement....

Would you say that Ronnie would of had just as big of legs without all the neck back and hip problems if he woulda stayed away from the heavy back squats and front squats and stuck with hacks and leg presses?

who knows....but maybe.

I think Ronnies issue was going HEAVY....no reason for him
to have been doing singles, doubles and triples like he did
well into his 40s....hes paying for it now.

ask Dev what would happen IF the Queen had a set of balls....:p

who knows....but maybe.

I think Ronnies issue was going HEAVY....no reason for him
to have been doing singles, doubles and triples like he did
well into his 40s....hes paying for it now.

ask Dev what would happen IF the Queen had a set of balls....:p

Maybe she does!

Owner of the gym I go to just turned 40 and hits singles doubles and triples pretty much every workout, he powerlifts... 765 for 3 on deadlifts the other day and 460 for 2 on bench yesterday, squats 805 for 1. Weighing 235.

Last edited:
Maybe she does!

Owner of the gym I go to just turned 40 and hits singles doubles and triples pretty much every workout, he powerlifts... 765 for 3 on deadlifts the other day and 460 for 2 on bench yesterday, squats 805 for 1. Weighing 235.

those are good lifts at 235.....

he will start crying about it, in about 3 years time...

guaranteed.

those are good lifts at 235.....

he will start crying about it, in about 3 years time...

guaranteed.

Sometimes I get a lil worried watching him because he sometimes passes out and goes down a lot and starts puking... he has his vids on his facebook, strong guy tho! Check him out if u want, Kenneth Coleman

spine involvement....

Definitely. I remember watching Tom Platz years ago doing sissy squats on the hack squat and started doing them. I need to start doing them again. I used to really love reverse hack squats too and lifted some big weight on them.

I visited a gym before and they had some interesting stuff but no hack squat and not a single calf machine. I know calves can be done 101 ways but I like to use certain machines for them some days as I train them frequently and rotate plus I can't really load up a Smith/barbell anyone. Saying that my current gym doesn't have a machine specifically for calves just the usual horizontal leg press and Smith machine. They wanted over $200 for 1 months membership at the gym :D It didn't have what I need so not point in swopping my gym for it.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311