over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Double quad tendons ruptured

Ya, how are your doing HM?
Hi, thanks for asking.

I'm getting there, still progressing well.
I can walk around without crutches indoors, still wearing the lax Japanese braces.
I have 110+ degrees flexion in my knees without real pain, right side is more stiff however.

Current home rehab protocol is:
  • 3x a day heel slides for knee flexion with some assist at the end to progress angle
  • 3x a day leg raises
  • 1x a day lateral bands adductor raises
  • 1x a day banded abductor work
  • 1x a day banded leg curls
  • 1x banded SDL
  • 1x a day weighted knee extensions with a roller under the knee, and using a BFR band on the upper thighs
  • 1x single calf raises with weight
Upper body band work to maintain mass - so far so good. My body weight and loof has stabilized
BFR bands for bicep and tricep work.
Loads of join supps and collagen.
250mg test/300mg eq/210mg anavar weekly, focusing on tissue repair and maintaining an anabolic state.

I see my surgeon the 25th and hope to hear more good new.
I see my PT on the 27th and hope to soon do some box squats or similar so I can get some sense of control again.
Right now I feel good but have no idea how much load I can bear.

After I do this exercise my left knee feels like bone on bone. Last a good four days.

Technique with this exercise has to be perfected to avoid putting too much strain to snap tendons on quads

Thats great, sound like you are progressing well. Keep doing what you are doing and you will get there.

Hi, thanks for asking.

I'm getting there, still progressing well.
I can walk around without crutches indoors, still wearing the lax Japanese braces.
I have 110+ degrees flexion in my knees without real pain, right side is more stiff however.

Current home rehab protocol is:
  • 3x a day heel slides for knee flexion with some assist at the end to progress angle
  • 3x a day leg raises
  • 1x a day lateral bands adductor raises
  • 1x a day banded abductor work
  • 1x a day banded leg curls
  • 1x banded SDL
  • 1x a day weighted knee extensions with a roller under the knee, and using a BFR band on the upper thighs
  • 1x single calf raises with weight
Upper body band work to maintain mass - so far so good. My body weight and loof has stabilized
BFR bands for bicep and tricep work.
Loads of join supps and collagen.
250mg test/300mg eq/210mg anavar weekly, focusing on tissue repair and maintaining an anabolic state.

I see my surgeon the 25th and hope to hear more good new.
I see my PT on the 27th and hope to soon do some box squats or similar so I can get some sense of control again.
Right now I feel good but have no idea how much load I can bear.
Hang in there Matt. You are on your way to setting a new record for recovery 🙂

Thanks. Yes as I understand it, up to a point it strengthens then weakens tissue.
It's about 200 mgs. Any more the risk starts increasing. As I've heard, don't know if true, EQ, deca, primo , var all supposed to increase collagen synthesis.

It's about 200 mgs. Any more the risk starts increasing. As I've heard, don't know if true, EQ, deca, primo , var all supposed to increase collagen synthesis.
That's what I've read. While most of the literature is inconclusive it seems to lean that way.

That's what I've read. While most of the literature is inconclusive it seems to lean that way.
I think more studies are needed in collagen synthesis,?, and which anabolics or androgens increase it. Making sure estrogen doesn't go low will be big because when I have lower estrogen I feel it more in my knee. As for now it appears this is what we have so I'm leaning towards it as well ,I'm with you.

I think GH would help . Joint supplements as well. Godspeed to you.

Hi all,

Just got back from my check up with the surgeon. He's very happy, and so am I.
Everything speeding along nicely. I'm 7 weeks post-op now and have 125 degrees of flexion.
Based on flexibility and current strength recovery he's cleared me for the 9+ week stage of rehab.
That means:
  • Braces off
  • Can walk without crutches, navigate stairs
  • Gym OK
  • Easy closed chain work OK (box squats, leg press).
I was able to take the train and bus home from the hospital today which felt liberating.
It's been all taxis so far, which is nice, but adds up $$$ and feels limiting.

Maybe all the vigorous rehab, joint supps, collagen favoring AAS, etc has helped ;)

Hi all,

Just got back from my check up with the surgeon. He's very happy, and so am I.
Everything speeding along nicely. I'm 7 weeks post-op now and have 125 degrees of flexion.
Based on flexibility and current strength recovery he's cleared me for the 9+ week stage of rehab.
That means:
  • Braces off
  • Can walk without crutches, navigate stairs
  • Gym OK
  • Easy closed chain work OK (box squats, leg press).
I was able to take the train and bus home from the hospital today which felt liberating.
It's been all taxis so far, which is nice, but adds up $$$ and feels limiting.

Maybe all the vigorous rehab, joint supps, collagen favoring AAS, etc has helped ;)
Glad to hear your recovery is going well my man. Very nice

First day back in the gym today, feels great. Taking it easy but able to do leg curls, abductor machine, light leg presses, and calves as well as upper body.

YIKES. I am trying to create of vision of this injury in my mind. So, calf presses with 4 plates. You attempt to rack the weight at the completion of the set and it does not engage so the sled drops. Its only 4 plates so how does that rupture both tendons? I am assuming you do regular leg presses with 5-8 plates on each side (random guess....but that is at least what big guys do...if not 10+ plates). Obviously it happened, I am just trying to figure out how so I can avoid it myself. Wasn't it the same as simply lowering 4 plates in a leg press manner (albeit with the toes at the bottom instead of the center of the platform)?

YIKES. I am trying to create of vision of this injury in my mind. So, calf presses with 4 plates. You attempt to rack the weight at the completion of the set and it does not engage so the sled drops. Its only 4 plates so how does that rupture both tendons? I am assuming you do regular leg presses with 5-8 plates on each side (random guess....but that is at least what big guys do...if not 10+ plates). Obviously it happened, I am just trying to figure out how so I can avoid it myself. Wasn't it the same as simply lowering 4 plates in a leg press manner (albeit with the toes at the bottom instead of the center of the platform)?
It was a very odd situation.

I was lowering the platform waiting to hit the locks - it kept lowering and it didn't hit anything. Somehow subconsciously I didn't "notice" and continued to lower, albeit slowly. Once it got down far enough, it was out of my power range, with such extreme flexion and there was acceleration.

Then my calves impacted my hams, but both being under tension there was very little compression to be had.

The weight continued downward, and as my feet were low on the platform, there was a levering effect with the force being transmitted up the shin and down the thigh, converging at the knee. The hams/calves impact point "levered open" the knee area, snapping the tendons.

Take a chicken leg with thigh and compress until fully folded. Now open it a bit and put a couple of fingers in the middle. Now grab the two points - which would be my hip and foot - and squeeze that gap shut. The joint will pop at the other end.

This is what I believe happened.

I was lowering the platform waiting to hit the locks - it kept lowering and it didn't hit anything. Somehow subconsciously I didn't "notice" and continued to lower, albeit slowly. Once it got down far enough, it was out of my power range, with such extreme flexion and there was acceleration.

Then my calves impacted my hams, but both being under tension there was very little compression to be had.

The weight continued downward, and as my feet were low on the platform, there was a levering effect with the force being transmitted up the shin and down the thigh, converging at the knee. The hams/calves impact point "levered open" the knee area, snapping the tendons.

Take a chicken leg with thigh and compress until fully folded. Now open it a bit and put a couple of fingers in the middle. Now grab the two points - which would be my hip and foot - and squeeze that gap shut. The joint will pop at the other end.

Also age and cumulative trauma over decades of training. There's a point where training is healthy and then there's a line somewhere that we cross where damage begins to accrue. many times unknown to us, and we continue to push.

I'm really impressed with the progress you've made...congratulations! Looking forward to more positive updates!!

wow sounds painful. and i am envisioning with the feet that low on the platform, it created extreme torque on the knees.

Here's a quick photo. Legs haven't shrunk too much, I credit continued AAS usage and EMS in the early recovery days before I could use resistance exercises. Two months post op now and about one week in the gym, training full-body EOD.

20220902_131832.jpg

Ate you mechanical engineer too 😉 because you described it perfectly!

And Bio is on the mark too.

Ate you mechanical engineer too 😉 because you described it perfectly!

And Bio is on the mark too.
Lol. Just trying to articulate the situation in words.

BTW I discovered something recently that may also be a contributing factor for some.

For my asthma I use high dose inhaled corticosteroids (ICS), though my use is intermittent. Symbicort forte 320.

I found research that finds correlation between high dose ICS use and tendon rupture. This should not be too surprising as corticosteroid use and tendon damage is well known. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1755001708000912

The surprise is that the medical community has insisted for years that ICS use has no significant systemic effects, but we are seeiing more cases where this is not true.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member