over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question about powerlifting briefs

Any guys who powerlift here, maybe you can help. Do briefs help give you a bigger deadlift/squat? And if so how much? Also, how are they sized? I am 34" in my waist, do you wear them like underwear, like underneath your reg shorts? Thanks, hope I dont sound too naive. I never tried a squat suit or anything but was thinking about the briefs as a way to help get my lifts up a little. Maybe I'll do a meet down the road

wellp ive used just about every type up to 2005
i personally liked crains dbl poly and single poly briefs, these coupled with a belt will give you stability and a unsung confidence. example, best competition sq 825, suit, wraps, briefs, belt, raw 595x5, w briefs 780x2, for me it was mental, just dont get them too tight or u wont get the range of motion u desire. id say inzer sinle poly would give you what ure looking for bro, for a nominal amount.
and yes they help Both sq/dl
frk

wellp ive used just about every type up to 2005
i personally liked crains dbl poly and single poly briefs, these coupled with a belt will give you stability and a unsung confidence. example, best competition sq 825, suit, wraps, briefs, belt, raw 595x5, w briefs 780x2, for me it was mental, just dont get them too tight or u wont get the range of motion u desire. id say inzer sinle poly would give you what ure looking for bro, for a nominal amount.
and yes they help Both sq/dl
frk

Gotta agree, just ordered Crains trainer double ply and my first bench shirt.
My old briefs were really good, excellent for support and stability.

it all depends on the breifs, i have set of single ply titan briefs and didn't get but maybe 15 lbs. from them on my squat and they never stretched out. but with my set of single ply inzer briefs i got about 50 lbs. but they stretch out realy easy and will bust after a few months (i've busted the seems on 2 pairs). i've heard a lot of good things about Metal, crain, and the inzer 2 ply predator briefs, but metal and multi ply gear is kinda expensive. and like one of the other guys said, don't get them too tight, unless you plan on using them for competition. i get all my gear as tight as possible for competition and it takes 2 of my training partners about 5 minutes to get my single ply briefs on me. lol
as far as sizing goes, every brand has their own sizing chart. so you can either plug in your measurments and they will pick a size for you or you can look at their chart and pick out your own size. since you probably don't want them to be real tight, i would say you should go to their chart and get one size bogger than what they recomend, and if the briefs are a little big when you get them then wash cold and dry as hot as possible to shrink them up some.
hope that helps.

I like to use briefs, wraps and a belt. I feel most comfortable that way. Suits are awesome, but I like the feel of briefs. Well... when I say feel I mean range of motion, less restriction and things. Otherwise they are a little uncomfortable until you get them seated.

Peace,
Mad_dawg

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear