over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for Fighters/Martial Artists

coopie, ill say it...

one more time My teacher can piont you to the right place. but if you cant pm me with a aproxx location ...I cant help you...what i learn is whatyou want...Im in NJ ...can def hook u up...

It took me nearly an hour to go through all the responses, and I'd like to say thanks for the very informative info.

From the jist of it, I realize that TKD is total crap. That's too bad because I've spent over $5,000 in tuition for my step-daughter over the years. She is now a black belt at age 9 and I wonder how much of those skills are portable - in that she will actually be able to use them if she had to. But, back to my wife for now...

Wife's a high school teacher, and as you can see from her pics, she weighs about 105 lbs - and about 10 lbs of that are her boobs! The problem is that she's insane. She is always getting between students who are fighting, and I am afraid she's going to piss someone off one day. In her defense, she is suprisingly strong for her size and weight. We "play fight" sometimes, and when she hits - it hurts!

So, I need her to have some basic self defense tactics for "street use", nothing else. Maybe some dirty tricks - eyes, nuts, etc., so that she can do damage and get away. That's the best way to put it.

arts

My son is 13 been in arts since he was 5 ,..and is only 3rd degree brown....takes class 3 days a week...having a black belt at 9 years old just doesn't sound right.

A 9 year old can't do shit to a grown person, no matter how many belts they have. As far as defending against kids her own age, you should have sent her to do judo. Her kicking or punching some kid in the face/head is gonna be trouble, no matter what the provocation. A throw,takedown,or hold down looks better than striking some other kid.

If you want her to learn something decent, send her to judo. Judo and boxing are cheaper and more effective forms of self defense than "take ones dough"!

Well, yes - it's all relative. She's 9 and she weighs about 65 lbs so she cannot do much damage to an adult, any adult! But, she did fulfill all of the requirements for promotion, ans she has been going 3 night a week for 4 years, plus every other Saturday for 2 hours of sparring.

But, after reading the responses to my post right here, I now realize that TKD is crap. I think that my daughter can probably hold her own against a child her own size, but I don't know that she'd know how to get away from an adult - for example, in a kidnapping situation, would she know to kick him in the nuts and run? I don't know. So I doubt the practicality of TKD for children.

The best martial art is the one you will stick with and enjoy. Believe it or not 10 years of TKD is going to be better than a week of BJJ. You got to like it first. Know if you like it all MMA with some stick and knife would be best IMO.

A lot also depends on the instructor and his/her mentality. Are they in it for the $$ or to teach defense or something else (ego). BJJ maybe once was all good, but due to $$ there are some ?s out there.

Live training is the key. But real live training leads to inevidable injuries (as does heavy tough lifting.) That cost $$ in lost tuition, so if they are in it for the $$, you don't see much of it....

Then there is what will work and what will work against a trained fighter. Don't expect a few years at any non MMA school to prepare you to be a trained fighter, and that includes a few years of "sport" BJJ.... I went to a kav megra seminar, a lot would work against a untrained person, but a trained? A lot of disarms they showed of knifes and guns would work against an untrained person, but in practice, I always got off several shots before an attempt at disarm was made....

Sorry if I got a bit off track. I don't really have a firm answer for training girls. I just wonder no matter how trained, how would they fair against a mma fighter or strenght monster. (both of whom could be up to no good) Against the average person, I'd think anything could help...

Last edited:
I think I got One!

First of all guys - THANKS A TON!
All of your insight has been great - cryptasm, good looking out bro!

Here's a school I found. I am planning on calling them and following up with a visit. I'd like to watch them conduct a class and form some opinions. Basically, they run special courses for pure self defense. You can take 1 course, or you can take them regularly and build upon what you've already learned.

If someone with more experience than me could review the info they have on their site and give me an opinion, that would be great.

Here's the place:
**broken link removed**

Be honest, I want the best protection for my wife!

Thanks bros!

Coopie said:
First of all guys - THANKS A TON!
All of your insight has been great - cryptasm, good looking out bro!

Here's a school I found. I am planning on calling them and following up with a visit. I'd like to watch them conduct a class and form some opinions. Basically, they run special courses for pure self defense. You can take 1 course, or you can take them regularly and build upon what you've already learned.

If someone with more experience than me could review the info they have on their site and give me an opinion, that would be great.

Here's the place:
**broken link removed**

Be honest, I want the best protection for my wife!

Thanks bros!

Yup..thats the one i came up with...so i guess you found the time, Huh??
Stay dry out there, we are in for a wet one this weekend on the east coast..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131