Questions on Back to Back shows..

mytreefiddy

IFBB PRO / Featured Member / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey fellas'..... i'd love to hear some different thoughts in regards to approaching shows on consecutive weekends.... i'm doing this coachless so any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.... 1st show is tomorrow... pretty dialed in..very happy with how i'm looking.... 2nd show is next Friday... 7 days from today.. this is how I plan on approaching it..... after tomorrow nights show on the way home i'll probably have a few Quest Bars.. get home and probably have something like eggs and oats... Sunday morning planned on going to IHOP or this bagel spot by my house...have some pancakes, something like that.... then eat clean from there on out until showday.... I figure there is no "loading' or "water manipulation" or anything...again, i'm assuming this.
I figure i'll train Sunday through Thursday...nothing crazy...like full body workouts just to stay sharp.... am I going about this the right way?? figure i'd try to Keep It Simple Stupid.... thoughts fellas?

G,

Pay close attention to how you look after you re-feed yourself Sat and Sunday.

There's always a "lil something to learn" after each prep.
If you look better on Monday, you'll know to carb up similar to what you
ate on Sunday, for example.

I always look better when I add sodium and fat back in, so when I'm in the final dry out phase, I always add back in sodium, fat and some carbs after I dry out.

But definitely rehydrate well and put sodium back until the next final prep
next week.

-MT

Hey fellas'..... i'd love to hear some different thoughts in regards to approaching shows on consecutive weekends.... i'm doing this coachless so any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.... 1st show is tomorrow... pretty dialed in..very happy with how i'm looking.... 2nd show is next Friday... 7 days from today.. this is how I plan on approaching it..... after tomorrow nights show on the way home i'll probably have a few Quest Bars.. get home and probably have something like eggs and oats... Sunday morning planned on going to IHOP or this bagel spot by my house...have some pancakes, something like that.... then eat clean from there on out until showday.... I figure there is no "loading' or "water manipulation" or anything...again, i'm assuming this.
I figure i'll train Sunday through Thursday...nothing crazy...like full body workouts just to stay sharp.... am I going about this the right way?? figure i'd try to Keep It Simple Stupid.... thoughts fellas?

Your first show day will be considered a huge "refeed day" considering the carb ups, candy back stage, post-prejudge meal and meal out after the show. If your next show is exactly 7 days away (next Saturday or Friday in your case), then what I would do is just manipulate diet to clean the spill. You've heard of backloading vs. frontloading right? So basically what you would be doing is a very early front load.

If you spill (which you will considerng show day eating), you can drop carbs or do a little cardio to keep things moving. By Tues you should have a better hold on your condition and if you are crisper, drop the cardio and maybe slightly up carbs, all while doing the water loading thing and diuretics if you use them. Go high water Tues, Wed, Thurs, then low water Fri, sips into prejudge for your next show.

I did this for one of my clients and he placed 3rd in his first show then won his class the next weekend. It's basically a front/junk load, but you gotta clean it up properly and not over flatten.

EDIT: I wouldn't reccomend eating shit on Sunday. Keep it to show day only. Sun - Fri you clean and re-peak.

Also, try the high to low water. Even without diuretics it will provide a huge response. If you weigh over 170, try 3 gallons (not distilled!!) tues, wed, thurs, then cut it to 1/2 gallon on friday. Then sips of water with regular meals day of, then hit some junk 30 min before pumping up.

Last edited:
How about no voodoo BS saturday night and Sunday morning. Get back on Your diet Saturday night and cruise into the next show without changing too many variables. Especially if you like the way you look at show one. I mean it's one extra week to stay tight. If you cut sodium/water then I'd get that situated Sunday and Monday but I'd get back on diet ASAP after the show. But that's me.

How about no voodoo BS saturday night and Sunday morning. Get back on Your diet Saturday night and cruise into the next show without changing too many variables. Especially if you like the way you look at show one. I mean it's one extra week to stay tight. If you cut sodium/water then I'd get that situated Sunday and Monday but I'd get back on diet ASAP after the show. But that's me.

This is the best way but we both know how most people eat on show day...

I like Green's approach... I really have no issues eating clean post show... really no biggie... oats and egg whites is good enough.. what's 1 more week??... and not even a full week... 6 days at that....Like MT said i'll just pay close attention to how i'm looking.. cardio i'll play by ear.... but how about training??... ballz to the wall or just moderate intensity?? go by how I feel??

I like Green's approach... I really have no issues eating clean post show... really no biggie... oats and egg whites is good enough.. what's 1 more week??... and not even a full week... 6 days at that....Like MT said i'll just pay close attention to how i'm looking.. cardio i'll play by ear.... but how about training??... ballz to the wall or just moderate intensity?? go by how I feel??

Training shouldn't be too intense during your peak week. Obviously no legs, but you should be doing pump/volume work to get carbs moving around and blood flowing.

Good attitude by the way.

I wouldn't be doing cardio 2 days out, should be cut by then and just pump workouts. Day before just posing nothing else.

^THIS!!! Keep everything you did the same the week before. Food, training, cardio, drugs. Don't go messing around with too many variables especially if your look is on point. You got the right mind set there.

I did back to back shows a couple years ago on consecutive weekends. The first show I looked pretty good and won my class and novice middleweight. My trainer told me to eat anything I want Saturday after the show, Sunday and Monday and believe me I did. I remember going to the after party and eating so much it was crazy! Tue, Wed, and Thursday leading up to the next show I had 0 carbs. I remember I did do cardio those days if I recall correctly. Water was probably 2 gallons Monday-Wednesday then start cutting it down Thursday to a gallon then Friday was probably half a gallon. I came into that show the best I have ever looked up until then and won novice and won second in my class. I lost to a unbelivable guy who was just better. I was pretty small (welterweight) but damn I was shredded!

Attachments

• IMG_3969_LXGCUDOTCP.jpg
    IMG_3969_LXGCUDOTCP.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 164

Good advice!

do whatever way your gut tells you to go

enjoy yourself whether you stay on diet on have a meal or two postworkout

I know on show day I don't eat much

First off, hydrate yourself to no end with pedialyte and coconut water after your first show. Maybe have one simple treat for doing good and plan on getting right back to it the next day. I like the full body workout you mentioned. If you do legs, keep them at the first of the week. Doing back to back shows give you the potential to come in bigger and leaner If you do the process right. Get that cardio in same way and drink every bit of two gallons per day. If you cut sodium for this last show, you want your hormones and aldosterone levels to rebound the right way after your next show when you slowly introduce more carbs again. Week to week shows are tough but it's worth it in the end.
Good luck!

I did back to back shows a couple years ago on consecutive weekends. The first show I looked pretty good and won my class and novice middleweight. My trainer told me to eat anything I want Saturday after the show, Sunday and Monday and believe me I did. I remember going to the after party and eating so much it was crazy! Tue, Wed, and Thursday leading up to the next show I had 0 carbs. I remember I did do cardio those days if I recall correctly. Water was probably 2 gallons Monday-Wednesday then start cutting it down Thursday to a gallon then Friday was probably half a gallon. I came into that show the best I have ever looked up until then and won novice and won second in my class. I lost to a unbelivable guy who was just better. I was pretty small (welterweight) but damn I was shredded!

What year did you do that show? I won middles back in 2012. That's Brent Jones' show right around the time of the Derby right? Were you trained by Jason of Scooby Prep?

What year did you do that show? I won middles back in 2012. That's Brent Jones' show right around the time of the Derby right? Were you trained by Jason of Scooby Prep?

It was 2012 Ky Muscle. No not by Jason but I know him :) KY muscle is the end of the year.

Personally, I wouldn't eat bad the night of your show IF your doing another one the following weekend.

Just get your water right back up to 2 gallons per day, and reintroduce your sodium immediately following the show to peel the post show Water off (assuming your cutting water and doing a burger between PreJ and Night show.)

Get a healthy amount of greens right back in your diet to get you regular ASAP (drying out to the bone hurts my digestion for 2-3 days after a show, hard stool.)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws