over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

randy moss to the patriots!!!!!!!!

db006

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
oh snap:eek: :eek:

for a 4th round pick!

he'll fit in. surrounded by many with good work ethic and team attitude.

my guess, 85 receptions and 16 td's.

probably he will throw for one as well !

im suprised they took him in.

i doubt he'll get away with the bullshit in that locker-room like he has with other teams in the past- the pats are very tight and disciplened.

that being said, they have been incredibly aggressive this off- season. they are usually one of the omre quiet teams but this year they are bringing the house.

signing adaleus thomas was a great move- this is a franchise guy for sure. a little old but the only mileage he has is in the european league, so his body is still young by nfl standards.

i havent had a chance to see what they did regarding thier cb situation this year in the draft. i know they had two first round picks and the cb's were the best of the crop at this years combine, so it wouldnt suprise me if they strengthed up thier secondary as well.

if they did, brady might very well get to hoist a championship trophy this year.

BFU

Awesome ability, but terrible character. The Pat's have prided themselves all these years on acquiring character, not characters. I think its a terrible move, just like TO was for Dallas. I hope this blows up in their faces.

Go J E T S!!!!

Awesome ability, but terrible character. The Pat's have prided themselves all these years on acquiring character, not characters. I think its a terrible move, just like TO was for Dallas. I hope this blows up in their faces.

Go J E T S!!!!

i dont think that will happen here.

the pats look like the yankees of a couple years ago. a dream team!!

too bad for the raiders...with russell as the qb, him and moss would have made a good team...but what do i know....i cant even name 3 players on any team...Lol

I thought just signing Adalius Thomas, and Donte Stallworth was enough to put them at the top as the clear cut favorites for next year. But now with a guy with the skill of Moss, to go with the skill of Stallworth....Brady will have a field day. Good luck to the rest of the nfl :eek:

Randy Moss is not the player he once was with the Vikings. His last good season was 4 years ago an since then he has not shown the speed or aggressiveness he did when he was younger. Also, I remember him dropping a lot of balls recently. Defiently a good pick up for a 4th rounder if he comes to play, but I do not see him making the pro bowl.

I give it 2 games before he bitch slaps Brady:D

I don't know about this...he for sure doesn't have the speed he once had. Never been a good route guy...He'll be productive but not spectacluar. Don't forget he's been in the league 10 yrs now.

Not true! Keyshawn Johnson mentioned on ESPN NFL Live that Randy Moss ran a 4.28 forty yard dash last week and also the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that he also ran 4.26, 4.28, and a 4.31 during another one of his workouts **broken link removed**, which is consistant with his forty yard dash times previously in college and his early years in the NFL. He is still the one of the fastest players, if not the fastest in the game. Randy Moss hasn't lost any of his skills, athletic ability or speed. He was just was not happy in Oakland and admitted he wasn't playing as hard as he could, plus was hardly used in the Raiders offense with no quarterback to get him the ball.

Last edited:
too bad for the raiders...with russell as the qb, him and moss would have made a good team...but what do i know....i cant even name 3 players on any team...Lol

the raiders had one of the best drafts of all the teams.

Definitely agree the Raiders had a great draft. I think picking up Mike Williams will help them too, I think he can be more productive than he was in Detroit. Letting Moss go hurts obviously because he is so good, but I think it was the right thing to do for the team to successfully build themselves back up in the right way.

As far as Moss goes, most of his problematic times have come when his team has been doing very badly. I think in this situation, the fact that he knows he has a very legitmate shot at winning a super bowl will keep him in check behavior wise. I think hes at the point where he realizes he needs to have good behavior if he wants to win the big one, because this is the best team he will play for in his career. He wont have another chance to play on a team like this.

As far as Moss goes, most of his problematic times have come when his team has been doing very badly. I think in this situation, the fact that he knows he has a very legitmate shot at winning a super bowl will keep him in check behavior wise. I think hes at the point where he realizes he needs to have good behavior if he wants to win the big one, because this is the best team he will play for in his career. He wont have another chance to play on a team like this.

agreed.

im a die hard eagles guy, but i am seriously on new englands band wagon. seems like there lakers, bulls, or yankees of football.

The Pats are just totally stacked! WOW!!! IMPRESSIVE OFFSEASON!

once a cancer, always a cancer...it will work for awhile til he starts whining and bitching about something not goin exactly the way he wants and then it will start to fall apart. unfortunate, because with brady and him together and maroney in the backfield it could be lethal

I don't know about this...he for sure doesn't have the speed he once had. Never been a good route guy...He'll be productive but not spectacluar. Don't forget he's been in the league 10 yrs now.

They reported on ESPN that the Pats and Green Bay verified that they ran and timed his 40 at 4.28 before they started talks to trade him

A few tngs to remember

In Minnesota It was the Moss - Culpepper show. They put up big numbers, had spectacular plays, and won some games. Those two were the team. Yes, there were other contributing players, but it was mainly those two. In Oakland it was a combination of poor utilization of Moss and his poor attitude,(along with another sorry supporting cast) that made him fall into the shadows. Look at what people said about Corey Dillon when the Pats picked him up... "trouble maker" "big mistake" "fools" " criminal" --- he certainly was not held in high regard when he left the Bengals, but once he was inserted into the Patriot's football machine, he shined. See, that is what it is about the Patriots -- and I disagree that they are the Yankees, Lakers, Bulls of the NFL... That would be the Dallas Cowboys (especially the 90's) The Patriots are a team that operates effeciently and executes the fundamentals wondefully. Coach Bellicheck and staff understand the basic simplicity of the game SO well, that they see the players as mere tools or chess pieces. When they get a good player or a star, they simply plug them into the system. Very team oriented, stars such as Moss will make them better for sure, and I am certain we will see amazing plays, but the bottom line is they are an instrument, cogs in a machine, and Moss will not have the burden of carrying the team, that is Brady's job. He allows the coaching staff to dig deep into their playbooks, and much like Manning is a coach on the field. He studies all the time, watching film after film, and goes thru tireless workouts. He is a champion, a winner -- and that is what champions do. And when you have a QB like Brady that can successfully do what is asked, combined with talent like Moss --- and as JB mentioned --- Maroney in the backfield, defenses are going to seriously have their hands full.

The Pats are a unique team; they demonstrate the results of fundamental football skillfully executed at a high level of play. Ultimately though, it will be up to Moss to make the transition. Everyone likes and enjoys winning, and perhaps that will inspire him to push himself harder and truly commit himself to this organization.

Last edited:
IMO, he should work on his route running and working on becoming more dimensional as a receiver. It could work then. They could use him on those paticularly complicated throws like down the seams and under the zones. Defenses are used to him running posts and flags. I think thats why he was quiet in Minnesota the last couple before the move to Oakland. The Man is freakin fast. He's built like a missle. 6'4 bean pole. If he can become more complete I think the Pats can win with this guy for some time to come. The personality thing to me is just sports caster B.S. He did very well @ minnesota and as stated above was under used at the Raiders. Plus you had whack ass quarterbacks who couldn't get the ball to him cuz they were too busy eating grass because of the lack of O line. Aaron Brooks?? Gimme a break.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member