over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

San diego??

Flood

Newbies
I'm getting ready to move to the san diego area and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the area for me?, was wondering what are the good parts of town?, thanks

I went school school in San Diego.......it was my favorite place to live period . It depends where you want live and what you can afford . Lots to do and you close to LA, not far mexico , or even vegas . People are cool and laid back [ except for the idiot frat guys and the snobie rich guys ] . But most people are friendly and pretty respectful. I lived in pacific beach and Mission beach while I was there . I liked mission beach alot better .Back when i lived there pacific beach golds was the place to train . Nassar , Milos , Achim Albright, Sonny , Paul Jean , [Jim Quinn sometimes] jeff pollunin, ect....trained there everyday . It was awesome. Then a Candian guy that lived down there[ dealer to stars so to speak ] got popped and tried to set all of those guys up , eventually most split and left town. Too bad .........because it was awesome to see the guys in the gym everyday . Talk about inspirational. The weather is bar none . But I am sure it has changed quite abit and has got even more expensive . My pops owned a house in La Jolla [ nicest area ] it was worth 1.5 million , and it was a shit hole IMO.....real estate is a joke down there , just as bad as the bay area .good luck with your move. I think you picked a great place , i hope it works out for you .

Nice

Iabadman said:
I went school school in San Diego.......it was my favorite place to live period . It depends where you want live and what you can afford . Lots to do and you close to LA, not far mexico , or even vegas . People are cool and laid back [ except for the idiot frat guys and the snobie rich guys ] . But most people are friendly and pretty respectful. I lived in pacific beach and Mission beach while I was there . I liked mission beach alot better .Back when i lived there pacific beach golds was the place to train . Nassar , Milos , Achim Albright, Sonny , Paul Jean , [Jim Quinn sometimes] jeff pollunin, ect....trained there everyday . It was awesome. Then a Candian guy that lived down there[ dealer to stars so to speak ] got popped and tried to set all of those guys up , eventually most split and left town. Too bad .........because it was awesome to see the guys in the gym everyday . Talk about inspirational. The weather is bar none . But I am sure it has changed quite abit and has got even more expensive . My pops owned a house in La Jolla [ nicest area ] it was worth 1.5 million , and it was a shit hole IMO.....real estate is a joke down there , just as bad as the bay area .good luck with your move. I think you picked a great place , i hope it works out for you .

I went to elementary and high school in Encinitas, just north of La Jolla. NIce place to live. Iabadman, did you go to high school there?

Phil , I went to college there on football scholorship. I almost went to Fresno St. In fact , during my recruiting visit there .......I went work out a gym off campus with a host and I saw your big ass [ I think the guy said that is Phil Hernon he is only 22 , I was 18 and was very impressed and I followed your career ever since - In fact I still have all of the old mags that ran features on you throughout your career . I was just reading through them the other day . Your training and diet were way ahead of thier time as was your physique . ]

WOW

Iabadman said:
Phil , I went to college there on football scholorship. I almost went to Fresno St. In fact , during my recruiting visit there .......I went work out a gym off campus with a host and I saw your big ass [ I think the guy said that is Phil Hernon he is only 22 , I was 18 and was very impressed and I followed your career ever since - In fact I still have all of the old mags that ran features on you throughout your career . I was just reading through them the other day . Your training and diet were way ahead of thier time as was your physique . ]

Did you like Jim Sweeney?

I really like Old Town and La Jolla Beach. Plenty of dumbass bootfaced marines around tho. Short drive to TJ< mexico where all the underaged girls go to get drunk. There is also Big Bear close by where they do all the X-games.

i currentyl live there and train at the worlds gym in pb.. [formely golds] if you need specific questions answered jsut post i'll do my best..

Derik

you can get a nice apt near mission for about $1500 a month. Me and the GF plan to move out there next year after she can transfer. We will be gathering info as we go as well. Visited in july of last year and fell in love with the place.

Phil , Sweeney seemed like a good coach , but thier was something about him and his staff that I didn't trust . Man , Frensno was a big sports town. Athletes were treared like gods there , even though they weren't Big time back then . No wonder you felt pressure to compete as a teen . I couldn't believe how competive people were even in the local gym ........Man just seeing you back then ......I knew you would be pro right then , I even told my friends about you when I came back home. Your thickness is a gift . The year before you won the USA , I thought you looked great and I knew the only reason you didn't place was from politics for doing your stint in the PBA .You looked great .......when you won the USA the next time around I thought I was seeing the next Mr O . I was very inspired by you . I still use your shrimp and olive oil reciepe to this day and many of your training techniques that you shared in the mags ........it is funny that we would cross paths all these years later ......

Yea

Iabadman said:
Phil , Sweeney seemed like a good coach , but thier was something about him and his staff that I didn't trust . Man , Frensno was a big sports town. Athletes were treared like gods there , even though they weren't Big time back then . No wonder you felt pressure to compete as a teen . I couldn't believe how competive people were even in the local gym ........Man just seeing you back then ......I knew you would be pro right then , I even told my friends about you when I came back home. Your thickness is a gift . The year before you won the USA , I thought you looked great and I knew the only reason you didn't place was from politics for doing your stint in the PBA .You looked great .......when you won the USA the next time around I thought I was seeing the next Mr O . I was very inspired by you . I still use your shrimp and olive oil reciepe to this day and many of your training techniques that you shared in the mags ........it is funny that we would cross paths all these years later ......

It is a small world. Lots of good BBers came out of that gym there. FLex WHeeler, Kevin Hall, Gadiel Micu, Gary Leonard.

DerikFarnsworth said:
i currentyl live there and train at the worlds gym in pb.. [formely golds] if you need specific questions answered jsut post i'll do my best..

Derik

Thanks derik!, where's the nicest area to live that would be close to TJ?

depends on what you mean by close...

all of the palces everyone has mentioned [ lajolla , mission pb.. etc. ]are 25 min from the border ...
closer to the border the more mexican oriented it becomes..

DerikFarnsworth said:
depends on what you mean by close...

all of the palces everyone has mentioned [ lajolla , mission pb.. etc. ]are 25 min from the border ...
closer to the border the more mexican oriented it becomes..

Thanks bro!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311