over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder pain???

The mobility of the shoulder joint (ball and socket) makes it a VERY easy thing to hurt.

Observing it on a cadaver in class; a part of me kind of gets edgy pressing heavy and watching others do the same. The human body is an amazing thing, and its adaptation to foreign stress is a very amazing thing.

Having developed some rotator cuff tendonitis from heavy pressing; the only way to really help it heal is to avoid the movements that hurt it, and obviously putting blood into the area.

Work on mobility guys; an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Work on mobility guys; an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Soo true!
What is it they say about leading a camel to water...?
When your young, dumb and head strong you don't think about tomorrow or next year or 40 years down the line.

Focus on stretching the ligaments. Shoulder issues are nothing to take lightly. Get some exercise bands and do it twice a day. There is rehab protocol for this you can look up to help mobility. Just take it slow and easy.

Have you ever gone to the Dr to see exactly what it was?

"Once a muscle has reached its absolute maximum length, attempting to stretch the muscle further only serves to stretch the ligaments and put undue stress upon the tendons (two things that you do not want to stretch). Ligaments will tear when stretched more than 6% of their normal length. Tendons are not even supposed to be able to lengthen. Even when stretched ligaments and tendons do not tear, loose joints and/or a decrease in the joint's stability can occur (thus vastly increasing your risk of injury)."
STRETCHING AND FLEXIBILITY - Flexibility

Stretching ligaments will make a shoulder looser and end upcausing more wear and tear from what I have read ...and felt.

I frequently see threads about people with pain...
Wondering why none but a few seek soft tissue work? Constantly putting demand on your body is going to create specific areas of tigntness. Then the aches and pains start. When it gets to this point, a few stretches arent going to be effective.

Seek out a deep tissue therapist or pt... look for someone who can do graston or ART. That scar tissue needs to be broken down, range of motion improved, and by doing so, the tension will be released from those attachment points that are signalling pain.

If you dont manually release those problem areas, they progress to become injured areas.

Self Care

I cant even bench it hurts..... im going to take time off

Has anyone tried bpc 157 with tb500??

You are going to have to. I have had that issue too. Mine was rotator cuff problems. I dont know which muscle(s) were injured but it was probably involved the supraspinatus. Only thing that worked for me was to take 2 weeks off, no lifting using that shoulder where it would hurt. So dont do any exercise that hurt the shoulder and I wouldn't train shoulders at all even if it doesn't hurt. I say dont do shoulders at all because there were times where I would do something like side lateral light weight that didn't hurt but then the next day I would be in agony. So having no pain while you lift isn't necessary a sign of safety for you. You have to use your head.

No overhead shoulder presses anymore or flat benches is what Phil Hernon had me do. That took care of my problem. In place of flat bench I did decline press. Decline presses didn't hurt my shoulder. Dips is another good one.

When you do come back to doing incline and decline press, go really light for sets of 20 or more. You can also do what is called Russian Ratchets. A smart gym owner that I used to know told me about these and I did them for a few weeks. Here you use a really light weight. Come down 1/3 of the way slowly and hold the weight there for a count of 5-10. Then come down 2/3 of the way which would be in the middle of the movement and hold it for another count of 5-10. Then when you get to the bottom you hold for another count of 5-10. Then you come back up and do the same thing in reverse, where you go up and hold it at each point.

Last edited:
Rehab Information

Aloha dextran,

ART can definitely help, though it can be pretty specific to the compromised/injured area only. The entire shoulder and arm complex is affected by the pain, and will shut down from their proper function, as a result of compensation. Addressing only the 'rotator cuff muscles', does not bring the other muscles back 'online', that are needed and used in the pressing movement.

Having had a serious infraspinatus tear many years ago, that I kept reinjuring, I finally had to stop lifting for 6 months because the pain was so bad. Pain is a great motivator to explore, utilize and learn 'healing' techniques, which I did.

I started a series of Rolfing sessions, that first addressed my whole body compensations that had resulted from the injury. Then I started to notice improvement in my entire arm and shoulder complex. I was blown away.

I started doing Feldenkrais to help 'reorganize' my entire structure as I moved through space (kinesthetic awareness), and relearn how to deal with body weight load, and the load of exercise. The changes in function, and how I moved were significantly improved.

Then I utilized Muscle Activation Technique (MAT), developed by Greg Roskopf, CSCS, to bring back the muscles, wake them up so to speak, that had become shut down due the injury and pain. The strength in my rotator cuff, shoulder, arm, torso and core were greatly increased. This is when I stared doing bands, and light dumbbell weights.

This was followed up by ZHealth, created by Dr. Eric Cobb. This work led me to the 'optimal function' of all my systems linking and working together!

I took the time to develop the 'proper foundation', and didn't need to have surgery. This approach allowed me to come back to 'intelligent and balanced weightlifting.

One last thing I learned, too many workouts can be 'anterior chain' dominant, as opposed to emphasizing the 'posterior chain'.

Also, knowing the correct biomechanical, and neurophysiological stretches to do pre and post work out is important.

A hui ho,
V

Last edited:
Turning 50 in a week. And getting practically the same surgery. While I know there is no magic supplement was there anything you believed helped? Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm just not looking forward to this. Turning 50 sucks bad enough.
If you only knew what I've been going through. R shoulder supraspinatus full thickness tear diagnosed via MRI arthrogram in mid Feb. Sharp stabbing pain with any type of raises or pressing movements. Simply putting the water pitcher into the refer was horrible. Pain at night, unable to get comfortable/sleep well. Training grinded to a halt!

In mid March I had rotator cuff arthroscopic surgery, 2 anchors. He also did a subacromial decompression and cut the long head of my bicep away from the labrum and reinserted it into my humerous (bicep tenodesis).

1.5 months later just completed my 3rd week of PT "passive ROM". Next, "active assisted" for 2-3 weeks and another 3 weeks of "active" PT using the heavy 1-2lb plastic coated dumbbells. Hopefully work my way up to the chrome 3-5 pounders by June. lol

It's been one hell of a ride! I'm progessing quickly. Choking down a ton of supplements and inj BPC, TB & GH. Supposedly takes 9 months to a full year before I'll be back to full strength. Have already come to the realization that heavy barbell exercises will no longer be apart of my routine. The ego is gone. No one cares how much I deadlift or bench...I got nothing to prove.

I'm 4 months from 50 yrs old. Time to grow up!

If the pain just wont go away seek out an orthopedic surgeon. Only way to know whats truly going on is an MRI.

I basically threw everything and the kitchen sink into my body post surgery to include BPC-157, TB 500, GH, TRT, Curcumin, Astaxanthin, D3, MK-677 to name a few. I was able to get off the Oxy 3 days after surgery with the help of Ibuprofen and the Curcumin. I did a high CBD "gummy" that helped me sleep for the first few weeks in a recliner.

Turning 50 is a state of mind. We got years ahead of us King-Kong. Possibly the best years. Get the surgery, get off the narcotic ASAP, do what your physical therapist tells you and move on! No one gives a shit how much you bench, squat or deadlift. Only person/people you need to impress is yourself and your family.

I'm pain free and back in the gym at about 65-70% 3 months post surgery. A few more and I expect to be near 100%...much sooner then the norm.

BPC-157, TB 500

Did you feel that these two compunds helps in your recovery?

If so, how long were you taking them together.

BPC-157, TB 500

Did you feel that these two compunds helps in your recovery?

If so, how long were you taking them together.

I took the TB-500 for 8 weeks (2x/week) and BPC daily for almost 12 weeks.
If I had to rate one over the other I'd say the BPC was most responsible in its healing abilities along with the 1.5-2iu GH daily. There may be some synergy in taking all 3 together?

Don't know about most of you, I've had incurred shoulder pain from shoulder immobility for quite some time...why? My shoulders are very doominant. As a result, I've literally stopped any type of over-head pressing. Result? My ability to extend my arm vertical is nearly imposiible. Came to the point both shoulders were in constant nagging pain crossing over my chest, raising up vertical, or rotating my hands behind my back. Active recovery was the key to re-mobilizing my shoulder joint function...hanging stretches, or just hanging from a pull up bar multiple times a day, started off excruciating, but the more I did this, the less pain I felt. Grabbing a cable with weight loaded, and stretching your lats until full stretched position and holding the stretch for 15-20 sec, grabbing a 5lb kettle ball and doing arm circles or vertical raises above your head, each controlled swing should surpass the previous vertical stretch, and of course, as previosuly mentioned, rotator cuff exercises to strengthen the ligaments and tendons. Active recovery and blood flow is the key, worst thing you can do is literally nothing, but popping pills. Hope this helps..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws