over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sick alot

kandaandm

Registered
So what can I do? I'm always catching something at the gym...the flu..a cold....some virus going around...shit....does this happen to you too?

kandaandm said:
So what can I do? I'm always catching something at the gym...the flu..a cold....some virus going around...shit....does this happen to you too?
Gyms are the worst place in the world for all manner of bugs! try upping your vit c and take zinc. There is no sure way to stop from getting sick, just do what you can to prevent it from happening. I owmn a gym and am surprised I don't catch more bugs more often. But that's probably why, because I'm exposed to it all the time. Your immune system responds in that way. Tends to be stronger in a high germ environment, to a degree. Yes I get the odd flu now and agian but not very often.

roids, overtraining... lower the immune system makin u prone to catch virus and so on ...

so fact of the matter is....we take our supp's, work our ass's off in the gym...look healthy...but our immune systems are worse then the average shmo?

kandaandm said:
so fact of the matter is....we take our supp's, work our ass's off in the gym...look healthy...but our immune systems are worse then the average shmo?

wouldn't say that

at the beginning of a cycle I always tend to get sick a lot more easily but it comes back in order after a while

well let's say since I cycle and train hard I MAYBE get sick a bit more easily but also get better faster

overtraining can have that effect too

the first thing I do on the way out of the gym is wash my hands real good and never touch my face, rub my eyes, or pick my nose :D while there... I hardly ever get sick.

I'm in begining now...I'm pumped up to train but feel like shit...upset stomach...in a fog....blah blah blah....I suppose I'm a pussy about it :)

It's not a flue, it's just a cold. They only call the cold a flue when it's in the winter, any other time of the year they call it a cold. :rolleyes: Dude, one year I was catching a cold every other month, it was fuckin annoying as hell. This year I only got it twice, during the fall ofcourse-when Bush is spreading the seeds of death.

I only catch a cold every few years.

1..take 5-10 g vit c
2..oive leaf extract
3..ecinecha
4..lots of anti oxidants(most improtant by far)
5..lots of water (by the gallons)
6..wash your hands, it amazes me how many people piss into a urinal and just walk out of the bathroom(you know who you are:confused: ) i dont kow if they understand your piss and everybody elses splashes back on your hands! even if you dont feel it...

overtraining will supress the immune and nervous system leading to easier acess for illness to bread..

gettin sick from gear is totally different in my opinion, i havent ever seen any info leading me to belive that there is a correlation between the 2.

get al decent amount of sleep, (different for everyone) I need 9 hrs a day to grow and stay healthy....

the gym is a breed ing ground for you to get sick, wash your hands befor and after, and dont touch your face or ears and you should be o.k.

good luck and stay healthy!

I am the KING of getting sick, but lately ive had success with this stack

Astralagus
olive leaf extract
beta-glucans
b12 injects(2000mcg per day) when feeling sick for a few days, then back down to 1000mcg per day
collidial silver
Sambucus(black eldeberry extract) this stuff is awesome
And usual vit c,multi,e,etc....

fourthgen said:
I am the KING of getting sick, but lately ive had success with this stack

Astralagus
olive leaf extract
beta-glucans
b12 injects(2000mcg per day) when feeling sick for a few days, then back down to 1000mcg per day
collidial silver
Sambucus(black eldeberry extract) this stuff is awesome
And usual vit c,multi,e,etc....

i've read about the elderberry, you like it then? good to know thanks bro!

Very good shit KM2000. I get mine at vitaminshoppe. Its not dirt cheap but its about 8$ per bottle and your supposed to take 2tsp daily for maintaince. That only lasts 12days. If your sick, your supposed to take 2tsp every 4hrs, so pretty much the whole bottle is gone in a day. I've been taking 1tsp in am and 1tsp at night the past month and it helps a lot. If im getting sick i'll double or triple that dose for a few days and I usually feel much better.

Poor immune response could be an indication of something more. Taking sups to boost up can't hurt but it should be worth your while to try and find out why your immune system is not fighting infections. There can be an underlying cause that can be easily treated. Gingivitus is a good example. I'm not saying that's the problem, just using it as an example. Everyone has it to some degree but the bacteria produces toxins that inflame the gums below the gum-line so you may not even know it. You could have a low grade fever, get sick often, and feel tired all the time and all you need to do is go see your dental hygienist. So if I were you guys, I would go get the works. Have them check your mouth, teeth, bloodwork, upper/lower GI, mental state, etc. Nobody should have to live with getting sick every month.

I've had SARS, ebola, and the avian flu all at once and it only lasted the weekend. It probably wouldn't have lasted that long if I didn't eat that Schwann's ice cream. I should have known that Uncooked Pork Swirl would be trouble.

Good post Ouch, but I have done this in the past. I first started with a simple CBC. Everything was fine. Then I got an advanced test, cbc,hormones,liver,thyroid,etc..... Then got tested for mono and a hep series. Still everything was fine. Ever since I was a little kid I got about 4colds and 1-2flu's per year. I noticed that each time I would get sick i'd always hop on antibiotics. Did this for like 10years, so my immune system wasnt used to fighting anything on its own. The past year or so, ive just been fighting through it on my own with natural supps, and i've noticed i've been getting sick much less.

BTW, I never wash my protien shakers. Maybe like 1x per week and I just fill them up with soap water and rinse out. Maybe thats why lol

thebrick said:
the first thing I do on the way out of the gym is wash my hands real good and never touch my face, rub my eyes, or pick my nose :D while there... I hardly ever get sick.

Same here....Always wash your hands real good before you leave the gym.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws