over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slin Question

Coopie

Registered
All of my experience with Slin has been during bulking or maintenance phases, so my consumption of carbs was never an issue. This is new to me though...

I am in what I'd call a "semi-cutting" phase. I am basically eating lots of protein, watching my carbs, and staying very clean on the diet. I work out early in the morning.

My plan is this:

Workout

Slin (starting w/ 5iu - increasing every week) immediately following workout with 30 g dextrose/glucose mixture and 2 scoops whey protein

1/2 hour later - 6 eggs and three pieces whole wheat toast

1 1/2 hour later - next meal (low carb)

And all other meals low carb throughout the day

So, my question is, will the Slin be ineffective with such low carbs? I've made good gains w/ using Slin in the past but that's always been with high carbs - never low!

What do ya think guys?

I think your plan looks fine. I've used slin with carbs much lower than that and I've always gotten good results. I've found that just keeping protein high even with very low carbs prevents hypo for me.

That's good to hear. My only concern is that about an hour after the slin I'll be on the railroad for an hour.

I'll just carry a Gatorade with me just in case!

Hmm with slin are you supposed to keep all fat out of the diet while active,

IE, 6 whole eggs, 2nd post slin meal.

When I have ran slin, I used Humalog, had a few shakes, some soda, and dextrose powder, waited several hours before adding fats to diet

I didn't think that 6 eggs would be a problem, but then again - I've always used SLIN in the past while bulking.

You think I should just be eating the dex and shakes for about 4 hours post-SLIN?

slin

i really came to love slin, even though it's been a while since i've used it...i always used the r type though...what was my point of posting....oh yeah, you mentioned carrying gatorade with you...just thought i'd mention, i used to carry a carbo force drink...something like 100 some odd carbs per bottle (by ABB), and also, i used to carry those glucose tablets that diabetics do, they sell them in the pharmacy, usually near the other dibetic supplies like the blood counter...oh, and i've used slin bulking, and "semi" cutting, (man, what awesome pumps!!!) never had a problem either way, and i think your carbs look fine...just take the precautions so you don't get caught passing out ;)

Last edited:
I had great results with no fat in my diet during the times when Insluin is active. Not 100% sure on exact chemistry but to sum it up, you want the slin to transport Sugars, and Proteins, not Fats, Proteins and sugars, the last 3 together is how you get fat...

Grape - Yeah, I used to have those little diabetic pills from the pharmacy too. Never had to use them, but it was a good "just in case" type of thing.

Cool. So I'll start the routine on Monday and see how it goes!

Dont know man i would taka a lil more than just a gatorade w/ me. There has been times i eat a whole huge ass bowl of pasta afta taking slin and eat a 5000 calorie weight gainer shake and still wake up about 3 hours later sweeting and weak. humalin R peaks in 2 hours but last up to 4 hours so... if you get to the piont were you have tingling fingers, cold sweats, and dizzy very bad situation. So i would take a few candy bars with you as well. Also don't eat any fat in that four hour time frame.

Maybe you're really insulin sensitive Swol because I've been up to 10 units of Slin (hum-R) and never experienced any effects of going hypo as you describe. That's some scary shit though bro! :eek:

I always carry those little glucose tabs for diabetics from the pharmacy anyhow, but I prefer to simply sip on a gatorade when on Slin.

ya maybe i was taking 10 iu's in the morning and 10 afta work out so...what tabs are u talking about

I switched to Humalog while back followed by a Vitargo carb shake and the Vitargo makes the taking of the insulin a non-event, as if I did not take insulin. Humalog/vitargo, the perfect combination

Worldspan

Vitargo? Never heard of them... Where do you get them - pharmacy or Vitamin Shop type place?

I agree with the Vitargo thing...i was using humalog with vitargo cgl and never felt hypo ever..not the case with dextrose or maltodextrose, i felt like it would go right through me and would immediately be hungry again

|--[\\\]>-------- Just a nice rule of thumb for me when i was using slin (mostly in my collage days) i always carried some type of quick sugar source with me at all times. My choice, 16 ounces of grape juice.

My prior Slin expereince has always been post-workout only, and never more than 10 iu. At 200 or 210 lbs I am sure I could have gone higher, but I was comfortable and getting results and I didn't want to screw myself up.

I still carried the glucose tabe and gatorade just in case though. But, I think that you all are using way more Slin than I've ever used! Do the results really increase that much more over 10 iu?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear