over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Southwest's free seat for the BIG

TheOtherOne55

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
I'm sure all of you guys remember that thread months back about fat influencers bitching about how planes arent meant for people their size...that shit went viral and Southwest ended up making a change to their seating policy. And because of this policy change...viola...we get some perks.

My family and I (completely new to Southwest) book a total of 3 seats. One for my wife, we had a baby so an on-lap infant, and then TWO separate tickets for me....because of "my size." This "size" issue also got us pre-boarding status so we got to get onto the plane extra early and grab seats.
Basically, Southwest is saying that if you are huge and you are basically eating up space on another seat, buy 2 tickets and theyll refund you 1 later.
So that's what we did, got me 2 seats, called Southwest after our flight and they are refunding us the other seat. Kind of cheating the system but it works. They honestly asked NO QUESTIONS over the phone or in person. Either way, its a good little cheat code for the big guys here.

I was even telling my wife, how do they deem someone "BIG" or "not big enough" to use this?
My shoulders basically extend into the connecting seats, so it DOES make sense for me....but this was originally for a 400lb person, not me.
Either way it worked. But I wonder if a 220lb guy did this, would they make a big deal or just roll with it lol

Good! I'm glad you used it. I couldn't believe all the guys here who complained when I posted about it.

@TheOtherOne55, So what are the actual size requirements for the seat upgrade? When I fly it’s 99% of the time with the wife and son. It used to be no biggie cause my wife is tiny and my son was small. But now he’s well on his way to surpassing me in height. I’m 6’2” and if I had to guess he’ll end up around 6’5”-ish 220+ easily.

So is it a width thing? Cause fatties obviously encroach into their seat mates. Does it pertain to shoulder width? What if you’re super tall, and you knees jam into the seat back in front of you? Wonder if it’s purely a visual thing and up to the gate agent? So it’s completely objective? I remember when it was announced by SW, but never looked into the deets.

Btw, glad you were able to take advantage of the size upgrade. Another question, did anyone say anything to you? Like other passengers?

Cage

@TheOtherOne55, So what are the actual size requirements for the seat upgrade? When I fly it’s 99% of the time with the wife and son. It used to be no biggie cause my wife is tiny and my son was small. But now he’s well on his way to surpassing me in height. I’m 6’2” and if I had to guess he’ll end up around 6’5”-ish 220+ easily.

So is it a width thing? Cause fatties obviously encroach into their seat mates. Does it pertain to shoulder width? What if you’re super tall, and you knees jam into the seat back in front of you? Wonder if it’s purely a visual thing and up to the gate agent? So it’s completely objective? I remember when it was announced by SW, but never looked into the deets.

Btw, glad you were able to take advantage of the size upgrade. Another question, did anyone say anything to you? Like other passengers?

Cage
LOL it soounnnds like a fatty thing or at least that's how they envisioned the policy helping. But right now its very grey area.
I flew from LAX to Dulles and it was me (6'0 315) and some woman who was 5'2 like 240. Both of us had two seats. And she was in much worse shape than me lol. No one said shit to me. I did hear one of the flight attendants ask something about our baby and she said, "next to the huge guy." That made me feel better lol

As far as up the gate agent, you can technically buy these tickets without seeing anyone. Its more bout as you board and walk up to the gate attendant and say, "i have two seats" are they gonna judge you, aask questions, all that shit. Luckily im bit enough where they didnt bat an eye. I also think a baby helped too.

Also, the process is just buying the 2 tickets...using them...then calling customer service and asking for a refund. There is no "proof of size or condition" which will probably become a thing. They willll figure out how to navigate this rule but for right now guys, take advantage of this shit. It's MORE room and because its Southwest, you get to board right off the bat guaranteeing you the first 1-5 rows. Pretty hard to beat that.

I'm sure all of you guys remember that thread months back about fat influencers bitching about how planes arent meant for people their size...that shit went viral and Southwest ended up making a change to their seating policy. And because of this policy change...viola...we get some perks.

My family and I (completely new to Southwest) book a total of 3 seats. One for my wife, we had a baby so an on-lap infant, and then TWO separate tickets for me....because of "my size." This "size" issue also got us pre-boarding status so we got to get onto the plane extra early and grab seats.
Basically, Southwest is saying that if you are huge and you are basically eating up space on another seat, buy 2 tickets and theyll refund you 1 later.
So that's what we did, got me 2 seats, called Southwest after our flight and they are refunding us the other seat. Kind of cheating the system but it works. They honestly asked NO QUESTIONS over the phone or in person. Either way, its a good little cheat code for the big guys here.

I was even telling my wife, how do they deem someone "BIG" or "not big enough" to use this?
My shoulders basically extend into the connecting seats, so it DOES make sense for me....but this was originally for a 400lb person, not me.
Either way it worked. But I wonder if a 220lb guy did this, would they make a big deal or just roll with it lol
You deserve the free seat much more than a fat lazy person does!

I can't see them having much of a hard definition especially any time soon as to what big is. Some group would complain and sue. Probably be cheaper just to let people have 2 seats if they want.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws