over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Starting a personal training business!

big_byrd52 said:
its baseball season now. and i think track. they gotta train too. u dont have to know jack about the sport or rules. what the hell does Chad nichols know about boxing? or phil about baseball. u just gotta know how to get them bigger, stonger, and or faster.

Another idea is to meet doctors and physical therapists. network to them. work out something where if someone gets sick or injured u refer them to those docs. then when they need rehab, or insurance stops paying for phys therapy, they refer them back to u. its a profit cycle.

You're really helping me out, man. You've got some good advice. I appreciate it. I actually have a cousin that's a doctor in a town about 15 miles from me. I hadn't thought about doing a referal swap. That's good thinking.

All you guys are a big help.

wish ya the best

BigBoyJ said:
That's a good idea Big Byrd. I've been working out at home for the last year and a half, but I bet it would be smart to get a gym membership again once I'm ready to get things going. Thank's, man.

Total Recall, the town I live in is pretty small too. Only about 15 thousand people. Luckily though, there are several other small towns within about 20 miles and I'm only about 30 miles from San Antonio, which has close to 1.5 million people. So hopefully theres a few that would let like me to show them how to get as pretty as me. :p

I'm 30 years old and since I was 18 I've had over 60 different jobs. I think that's a good sign that I need to work for myself. :D

Wish ya the best! keep us posted on how you're doing....
:)- totalrecall54

This is only an idea, but something to think about. How about a mini van or SUV with decals advertising a mobile trainer or mobile gym. Keep all of the shit in the back and have a nice sytem to bring stuff into your clients home from the back of the van. Just some big ass buff guy driving down the street in this mobile gym would offer some good advertising.

tbonus said:
This is only an idea, but something to think about. How about a mini van or SUV with decals advertising a mobile trainer or mobile gym. Keep all of the shit in the back and have a nice sytem to bring stuff into your clients home from the back of the van. Just some big ass buff guy driving down the street in this mobile gym would offer some good advertising.

I was thinking of something along those lines. I have a Camaro, so I can't haul shit in that, but my wife has an suv. I was even thinking of getting a small trailer to haul all my crap in and putting some signs on it. I live in Texas after all, so hauling a trailer is what we do here.

BBJ-

I really thought this one over for awhile myself. I was going to build an extension onto my home. Me and wife seperated, and I paid her 1/2 equity and there went the money for that. But it was a good idea. If you live sort of close to a gym-start working there. As you get clients, you can funnel some
into your home business. Always stay working at the gym to some degree so you can continue to funnel, even when your own business is going well-you'll always need a turnover of new clients as old ones disappear. Think of what equipment (cardio/machines/bands-balls/steppers/matting/water dispenser/plumbing/TV-DVD/...there is SO much) you will need. You'll also need a credit card set-up (the machine and an account with the company that supplies the equipment) because people will spend so much more that way. Computer. Maybe diet-setup programs. What you will concentrate on-groups/sports specific/resistance. I had all these ideas. I worked at the wrong location (demographics were bad for me) for so long and I did shit-I almost gave up. Then I found a great location-same company (Ballys). I am now booked solid with clients and actually still have prospects coming that I dont even solicit-Ive developed a great rep for being the best trainer there. I dont need my own setup, and as a well respected trainer making the club good money, I dont have to wear the 'monkey company Ballys shirt, just whatever I like. So I make my own hours, wear what I want, nobody bothers me at all because I make them money, and I do what I love most. My clients are fantastic and get awesome results. I totally love my job-I work about 2-3 hrs in the monring, go home and eat, nap, eat, do 2-3 more clients, then train myself. Ive never been so happy with work. Granted its peak PT time of year (new years/tax returns) but many of these clients are long term 1-2yrs so I will keep a nice base with a little turnover. Its taken me 18mo to where Im comfortable and happy. Hang in there, have a little bank for backup bill payments, and best of luck. Let us know how it turns out please!

Heres a magazine - free subscription about doing PT:
http://www.fit-pro.com/index.html

Thank's Mike. I was actually thinking about sending you a pm because I remembered that you were doing personal training now. Hell, you're a celebrity if there ever was on one on the bodybuilding boards. If those people only knew who was training them. ;)

I actually live about a block from a gym. I'm not sure how many clients I could get from there though because it's a pretty hardcore place. They have a powerlifting team and there are several competitive bodybuilders too. So, most likely I wouldn't get a whole lot of business from there. On the other hand, I know there are also a lot of members who don't know shit and are just getting started, so I suppose I could focus on those. I don't really need a whole lot of clients anyway. At least not at first.

Doing the training from my home would be my ultimate goal. It would be so damn nice to not have to leave the house to go to work. Luckily, I would be able to do any necessary construction, plumbing, etc myself because I have a lot of experience in that area.

Thank's for the ideas, advice and the link too. I appreciate your help. I'm hoping to have everything ready to go by Fall. I figure it'll take me that long. I wanna make sure everything is in place before I go at it. When I get started, I'll keep everyone informed of the progress. I'm also sure I'll have a lot more questions for you guys along the way.

Thank's again, Mike.

Sure glad to help, BBJ. Any questions just ask, I'll help if I can. I kinda like leaving the house, hanging at the gym. Ballys is loaded with pretty women, not too many big guys - more 'regular' people, most of which need training help. Alot of business and descent PT setup. I dont get sick of the gym, like I though I might (I also train some at another gym - Golds).
Thats great you can build the room yourself, save yourself a good $20-30k-so you'll just need to fill it up with equip and all!

my friend started his own buisness a couple of years ago and is doing great. he goes to the owners/managers of expensive condos and gets a contract to train the people of the condos and use the condos gym.

That's a good idea, Woody. In San Antonio there are some very wealthy neighborhoods where that could definitely work.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ATP44
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131