over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strength v. Size

oatz

Newbies
I've been researching my first cycle for a while, and I still can't find good answers for 2 questions that I was hoping more knowledgeable minds could shed light on.

What kind of keep-able strength gains are there to be had if at the end of the cycle I am no more than 5lbs heavier than I was at the start?​
and/or
If I am only interested in strength gains, what kind of bulk/cut program should I start looking into? (as in pounds to gain on cycle before cutting back to original weight)​

I understand there are a lot about both of these questions that would be specific to my body, but other opinions/experiences would be damn helpful.
I also understand that gaining strength on cycle and not gaining too much weight is the goal of non-superheavy lifters. I just haven't been able to find much on the web about how they go about being successful. Obviously diet would play a large role, but that is something that makes more sense to me. I more mean things along the lines of cycle length, and how to schedule cycles during the year.

I am a powerlifter and my first cycle I intended on not gaining any weight, just strength, I took 100mg prop/100mg tren EOD. I gained ALOT of strength, but seeing as it was my first cycle, i was 25lbs heavier but at the same time alot leaner, which i am sure the tren contributed to. On this cycle id say I kept 90-95% of my strength gains. My advice to you is, if this is your first cycle, just embrace the weight gain its going to happen. The cycle i took is the same as what alot of 6' 180lb guys use to look good for the beach, and what happened? I blew the fuck up

You could always go about dieting down/losing weight. Starting your cycle and then gaining to what you want to be. Adjust your calories accordingly. Then find your sweet spot with the juice that allows you to gain strength without weight. It's not as hard as you think to not gain weight. It's just a matter of calories. Although water weight can change drastically depending on the drugs.

You will find that when your diet is in check. you won't gain any weight when you jump back on. You will recomp. Your bodyfat will go down and your weight will stay the same.

Last edited:
oatz- do you need to be in a certain weight class? I cut weight often to compete, my little group has it down pretty good. LMK, I have a few years of practice at it, and thgear we run as well

If looking for strength without moving the scale it's pretty much tren vs anything and everything else.
One thing to remember when asking about keep-able gains is that you can only keep something gained on a compound for so long without the compound

I like tren for strength. I haven't tried halo but I hear it's great.

I like tren for strength. I haven't tried halo but I hear it's great.

in my experience with halo, its waaay over rated, but some love it. what you don't hear alot is the effect it can have on your GI system, I have heard it metabolizes into chlorine or some other nasty byproduct, in my case I blame halo for basically shedding mucous from my insides as evidenced by mucous filled stool, I had alot of diarrhea as well. The symptoms were similar as when i had a stomach ulcer.

Well i must say for your first cycle you shouldn't go for any weight gaining just concentrate on your exercise,make your muscles to use to it and mature than you start having diet and all to make your body physically strong and good in looking.

Any comments?

Unless you have to stay in a weight class for a specific sport. I would just pack on the weight and strength. I just finished my first cycle test only ( in pct now) +30lbs and strength is still through the roof. I'll cut in about a month or two to drop down to 10 or single digit BF. Your first cycle just gain as much mass as you can that's just my 2¢

Unless you have to stay in a weight class for a specific sport. I would just pack on the weight and strength. I just finished my first cycle test only ( in pct now) +30lbs and strength is still through the roof. I'll cut in about a month or two to drop down to 10 or single digit BF. Your first cycle just gain as much mass as you can that's just my 2¢

Thats pretty close to being spot on. Water weight is a strength athletes best friend. You can control strength gains to a large degree on any compound by diet. High carbs fat and sodium provide the best atmosphere for strength development (Of course high protein also)............... Not so good on the physique though.

Creatine is one of the best supps for a strength athlete also. Forces water in the cells and aids soft tissue aches and pains.

Test Suspension/Anadrol for your base for a size and strength bulk

Low HRT dose of Test Cyp and an oral blend
winny/halo/anavar, for super strength gains...and minimal weight gain...

I am surprised that strength gains are so keep able, that's good news.

I know one of the main contributing factors to strength gained from size is leverage... you lose that size and the associated leverage goes away with it so if you can keep your size close then the strength shouldnt stray too much other than if the strength gains are from heavy androgens and the effect on the CNS that obviously will lessen when you come off but nothing a little ephedra, DMAA, coke etc cant solve right? lol

another thing is your weight can obviously flex somewhat due to the recomp aspect of a cycle even if your size/measurements dont change much to sway the leverage issue... that tho like mentioned can be somewhat contained with diet and your macros...

I'm sure there are plenty of gems to pick out from the comments above, but I always would try and hypertrophy and then try and strengthen the muscle I've gained afterwards. Dramatically increasing strength while cycling may increase your risk of tendon/ligament damage IMO. I would worry about making the most healthy/quality gains you can while on and then worry about programing for strength later.

I am a powerlifter and my first cycle I intended on not gaining any weight, just strength, I took 100mg prop/100mg tren EOD. I gained ALOT of strength, but seeing as it was my first cycle, i was 25lbs heavier but at the same time alot leaner, which i am sure the tren contributed to. On this cycle id say I kept 90-95% of my strength gains. My advice to you is, if this is your first cycle, just embrace the weight gain its going to happen. The cycle i took is the same as what alot of 6' 180lb guys use to look good for the beach, and what happened? I blew the fuck up

sounds like fun how long did you run prop/tren for I think I might give it a shot haven't use tren yet. I've pretty much only stuck to basic test e

I know one of the main contributing factors to strength gained from size is leverage... you lose that size and the associated leverage goes away with it so if you can keep your size close then the strength shouldnt stray too much other than if the strength gains are from heavy androgens and the effect on the CNS that obviously will lessen when you come off but nothing a little ephedra, DMAA, coke etc cant solve right? lol

another thing is your weight can obviously flex somewhat due to the recomp aspect of a cycle even if your size/measurements dont change much to sway the leverage issue... that tho like mentioned can be somewhat contained with diet and your macros...

I thought it had to do with nervous system recruitment %? Isn't that why powerlifters sometimes are super strong but don't even look like work out

I am a powerlifter and my first pattern I designed on not getting any bodyweight, just durability, I took 100mg prop/100mg tren EOD. I obtained ALOT of durability, but seeing as it was my first pattern, i was 25lbs bulkier but simultaneously alot more lean, which i am sure the tren provided to.

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ATP44
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity