over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Survival

I'll be buying my first gun in the next couple of weeks. Everything I've read says the 22lr is a very unreliable bullet for killing people/zombies. Anyways I'll be picking up a glock 19 if they have them in stock as for what caliber I'm not sure whats best? As for foods to stockpile what is best?

I can't tell you how many large healthy Cattle I have witnessed killed w a single shot 22lr hp. In SW Louisiana nutra can grow close to 3 ft in length and near 30lbs. I have killed too many of these on our farm to count with a remington nylon 66. 22LR Most of the huge Gators on Swamp people are killed in same manner. So don't under estimate the effenciey ruger even makes or made a 22lr pistol special ops version. Think used by navy seals.

I think it depends alot on what you are doing , as a tactical operator thats highly active i can see you getting run down to the point where your duties would be effected from low calories , but without clean water food will do you no good and even make matters worse causing the speed up of deyhdration

Again your survival needs will vary greatly depending on why and where you are.

I do know that if you are wet and its cold and you don't have shelter then the chances of you waking up in the morning are slim , even in 40-50 degree temps you will get hypothermic quickly and a light breeze will magnify this greatly.

He has done three courses, he said the toughest one was the "hunger" training one. This was two weeks with a knife, canteen, and a bunny. You get to choose when to eat the bunny. He was eating grubs and certain leaves for several days and saved the bunny for towards the end. He said that just lifting your arm and moving very slow became incredibly difficult after just two days without food. He said this taught an important lesson in that your immediate concern needs to be food from the moment you are in that position. This guy is as tough as nails and was a career military guy. He admits there was one training program that was tougher (two weeks of starvation survival while being hunted) that he regrets not getting the chance to attend.

100% positive his stories are true, as it took me months to get this information out of him, he didn't offer to share it lol.

I'm sure everyone is different, but I can't even imagine how difficult these courses are, listening to him gave me some good insights though. The funniest part is that all but one of these programs was volunteer.

I'll be buying my first gun in the next couple of weeks. Everything I've read says the 22lr is a very unreliable bullet for killing people/zombies. Anyways I'll be picking up a glock 19 if they have them in stock as for what caliber I'm not sure whats best? As for foods to stockpile what is best?

The first survival gun I bought was a 12ga shotgun with 8 round capacity, took off the stock and added a pistol grip, I can fit this inside my bug out bag if need be. In my opinion it is the most versatile, you can hunt fowl, small game, larger game, and use it for self defense depending on what load you use. My second was a Sig P226 in 9mm (because of the availability and cost of the round). A 22LR is a good survival weapon as well, because lets face it, in a survival situation such as the end of the world engaging people is the last thing you want to do. People imagine firefights around every corner and that's just not plausible, your survival probability drops with every "fire fight" you engage in. Also most large game would be picked off very fast because everyone is hungry. Trapping and killing small animals is ideal in my opinion. Learn how to tie snares. Learn how to build fire, build shelter, purify water, and get food in that order. For long term food storage get 10 gallon buckets with mylar bags and oxygen absorbers. Rice and beans will provide you with protein and carbohydrates to supplement whatever animals you may have, and you can survive on rice and beans alone. Stock salt, salt was one of the greatest commodities of the ancient world and if trade routes stop it will become invaluable again, you can also use it to preserve meat. In case of economic collapse paper money will become useless, barter items are better (extra common rounds, silver, gold, salt). If you have land you can consider digging out a root cellar in case the electric grid collapses. Water storage barrels under your rain spouts. Gardening, box gardens are a very economic way to produce and learning that art will secure you continuous renewable food. Canning using mason jars; you will be able to can meat and the vegetables you grow for the winters. Spices are also a good thing to stock, also for trade, but eating boiled rice and beans and unflavored meat will get rather boring. This is all mostly for the end of the world type situations but plan for the worst I always say. If you are prepared for the worse then you will be able to handle any lesser situation. Also keep in mind each individual in your "group" will be consuming 3-5 gallons of water per day in regards to drinking, food prep, and hygiene. With that keep in mind soap and ways to keep clean and wash your clothes. Hand washing will cut down on infections and spread of disease.

Good one Gunny. Don't overlook the two legged predators. Especially if you have scarce resources and women.

And stockpile the gear too, you don't want to go cold turkey and have T levels of 133 when you are fighting for survival. :) But then you may not want to fight to hard to keep your women.

I went through a prepping phase last year the two books I read are below.

"How to Survive the end of the world as know it" by James Wesly Rawles (Survival Blog)

"SAS Survival Handbook" by John Wiseman

I put together a bug out bag designed to keep myself and 2 kids alive for a few days if we had to leave our home. The big ticket items are based around water purification and fire starting to boil water.

Then the fun stuff like knives, Leatherman tools and tents.

I also went nuts on paramedics bags. I have two identical bags. One in the truck where I keep my BOB (bug out bag) and the other in my house. These kits have everything from bandaids and surgical kits to Steristripes, Trauma bandages, burn creams, to Anti Diarrhea pills.

Also, in the car I keep a very small 357 mag. Be careful of wanting to whip that thing out, someone will always be better at shooting than you are.

I also have a "Croval" in the car. I saw it on Preppers and it looked badass!

For the home, I got water baldders. I got a 60gal for the main bathtub, and 2 25 gallon units to store if needed.

I even bought a generator to run my welders incase I needed to weld anti-zombie bars on the truck.....I went nuts

Remember if you stock pile, your a target. Learn more than have so you are not useless if you have to leave everything.

Im no conspiracy theorist but Ive been intrigued by some stuff I have been researching on the net lately. Whether it is true or not, they put forward a good case and reason to be prepared for serious dramas.

Please can you list what they are i am interested in looking into them.

thanks

I got an uncle whose in his early 70's and he has been prepping for the communist since the cold war started.

In 90 when the wall fell along with commies he now focuses his attention toward the zombie invasion.

Last edited:
Please can you list what they are i am interested in looking into them.

thanks

There are that many sites that you can look at. If you google things such as New World Order, illumunati, US Govt conspiracies. Theres heaps. Alot of stuff comes across BS but other stuff is pretty believable

There are that many sites that you can look at. If you google things such as New World Order, illumunati, US Govt conspiracies. Theres heaps. Alot of stuff comes across BS but other stuff is pretty believable

Thanks, i meant more along the lines of ones which are believable - I have already read some conspiracy stuff and it is total BS imo.

Interested to know what people here are preparing for - bar stuff like natural disasters.

I just can't envisage a realistic scenario where this stuff would be needed for more than say a week or so maximum.

My idea of survival is a natural disaster. Or a social financial collapse. Where the banking institution is shut down and access to your money is denied. Shit will hit the fan. I'm not worried about the N Koreans nuking us. I'd rather not survive that. I'm not convinced the zombies will show up but starving. Crazy gangs looting and killing those who have I think is a very real reality. I'm a firm believer in the right to bear arms and feel this administration is working on taking that away. I feel in my convictions that im willing to defend that right no matter what. My Dad told me if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

Thanks, i meant more along the lines of ones which are believable - I have already read some conspiracy stuff and it is total BS imo.

Interested to know what people here are preparing for - bar stuff like natural disasters.

I just can't envisage a realistic scenario where this stuff would be needed for more than say a week or so maximum.

An Extremely Fragile Society

My idea of survival is a natural disaster. Or a social financial collapse. Where the banking institution is shut down and access to your money is denied. Shit will hit the fan. I'm not worried about the N Koreans nuking us. I'd rather not survive that. I'm not convinced the zombies will show up but starving. Crazy gangs looting and killing those who have I think is a very real reality. I'm a firm believer in the right to bear arms and feel this administration is working on taking that away. I feel in my convictions that im willing to defend that right no matter what. My Dad told me if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything

That's an Aaron Tippin song too!!!

I love reading this crap and watching shows like Doomsday preppers. I honestly believe the people who worry about this crap have too much spare time on their hands, and if you have a family, instead of spending that time "prepping," spend it with them. Really, if you have a wife and kids, you're dead. You have targets of opportunity for an aggressor to use for victimization and manipulation.

If i'm out of supplies/food, my next meal is the next person crossing my path.

I love reading this crap and watching shows like Doomsday preppers. I honestly believe the people who worry about this crap have too much spare time on their hands, and if you have a family, instead of spending that time "prepping," spend it with them. Really, if you have a wife and kids, you're dead. You have targets of opportunity for an aggressor to use for victimization and manipulation.

Very true I work with a bunch of preppers they have water supplies and a few guns that they have no clue how to use .. It's sad to say but like zomb said if I'm out of supplies your dying and I will enjoy all of your hard work

No need for me to prep. With all these idiots on TV bragging about how much food, water, and shelter they have, if I were in serious trouble I would just take theirs. IMO it's what they get for giving up to much information about where they live. It would take me about less then 10 minutes to get to this nutbags house who has everything from food, water, shelter, generators, a chapel... Ya, thats right he has a chapel.

His biggest problem is that he doesn't have a Mini 14, SKS, AR 15, dozens of handguns, shotguns and thousands of rounds of ammo... I DO! He's a nice guy I like him, consider him a friend even. His problem is that he against violence to the fullest... When it comes to protecting my family and keeping them fed, friends mean absolutely nothing to me, he's either going let us in or let us bury him.

While I agree with a lot of what the last few gents have said , having a mass storage of supplies and staying put is one thought process it has flaws. You have to look at it like a main military base , you have everything you need their BUT you had gawd damn well better have the protection and I highly doubt that 99% of these people have that ability , granted they are armed and fortified most are very very unprepared for a long heavy sustained "assault".

Now that said , DO NOT underestimate the will to survive of ANY human , he most seeming docile guy can and probably will become one of the most savage and ruthless creatures on the planet when it comes to defending his family and that go s double for women!!

Humans are "pack animals" for the most part and your greatest chance of survival would be to become part of a "network" of like minded people as their is safety in numbers (mostly)

My plan for a social economic collapse is to head up to my hunting camp and keep a low profile , just sit by on the sidelines and let it play out. We have 32, 000 acres of woodland that has several dozen like minded people living on it several free flowing artisan wells so hunting for food and clean water is their in a very out of the way low profile AO.

Having supplies for a "bug out" situation is a totaly differant plan all together.
If you cant walk into your home gather your family and leave for good with everything you need to continue life or start a new one load it into one car , in sixty seconds then you need to plan better.

Good Stuff.. Love the different opinions and views.. Tks for posting.

There is a difference between being worried and being prepared. To devote your life to impending doom, sad. But to be prepared for a disaster by having food, water, guns/ammo stored for a couple weeks... smart. (I say a couple of weeks so you don't have to stress about food and water, you can keep your head about you and have a plan of action) You don't have to devote $50k to be prepared and take away time and money from family. It can be done for cheap and you can still lead a normal life

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311