over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Swelling in ankles

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
I've been increasing my test prop to 70mg eod and liquid arimidex at 0.2-0.25mg eod for 6 weeks. This weekend I noticed my ankle were swollen. I guess I noticed this a few weeks ago yet it has gotten a tad worse and now concerns me. I make diaries of my cycles and in the past three weeks went from no arimidex to the 0.25mg eod as I felt high BP symptoms including redness in face and mood issues. The arimidex seemed to clear this up. I think I'm going to increase my arimidex and maybe use it everyday as well. What concerns me is that I've been bloated from test before and also had itchy nips from estrogen before yet never minimal bloat, no itchy nips and only swollen ankles. Maybe in the past I had some swelling in ankle and never noticed. Is it normal to have some swelling in the ankle from such low test? Am I doing the right thing increasing arimidex and keeping test the same? If this gets worse I'm ending this cycle but if it improves with increased arimidex then I will continue a bit longer. Thanks for replies!

Good question on body fat %. I know I could be better off if this improved. I would estimate below 20%. I cannot see abs at all but can usually see my top two.

I think diet needs to be improved. I have a veggie and fruit smoothie every morning. Usually a 10am snack, fruit and grain. A huge salad plus an extra carb or protein for lunch. Eggs or protein with some sort of carb prior to working out. Dinner is a cooked at home. Usually a protein, veggie and grain. And then I snack at night. I have been thinking lately of actually writing my diet and taking it more seriously. Weekends I follow similar eating habits but do snack a lot.

The day my ankles were the worse I had a poor nutrition weekend and drank a ton of coffee that morning. Posting this and actually writing this makes me realize my diet needs work. I try to include the building blocks for muscle growth but I don't limit the junk lately.

Good question on body fat %. I know I could be better off if this improved. I would estimate below 20%. I cannot see abs at all but can usually see my top two.

I think diet needs to be improved. I have a veggie and fruit smoothie every morning. Usually a 10am snack, fruit and grain. A huge salad plus an extra carb or protein for lunch. Eggs or protein with some sort of carb prior to working out. Dinner is a cooked at home. Usually a protein, veggie and grain. And then I snack at night. I have been thinking lately of actually writing my diet and taking it more seriously. Weekends I follow similar eating habits but do snack a lot.

The day my ankles were the worse I had a poor nutrition weekend and drank a ton of coffee that morning. Posting this and actually writing this makes me realize my diet needs work. I try to include the building blocks for muscle growth but I don't limit the junk lately.

Solved your own problem. Before you get flamed up on here I would suggest to leave gear out of the equation and learn to eat properly with a good workout/cardio regimen. Reduce bf down to around 12-14% before you even think about touching gear again. It does you know good to take gear at your bf% especially the way you are taking it. Just some patience and education along the way bro:)

I guess what concerns me is that my diet mostly has stayed the same and so has my training. The greatest factor that has changed was the addition of a small amount of prop and arimidex and now my ankles have swollen. I guess as I get older my body is less forgiving and I need to be more diligent with diet when on cycle.

Solved your own problem. Before you get flamed up on here I would suggest to leave gear out of the equation and learn to eat properly with a good workout/cardio regimen. Reduce bf down to around 12-14% before you even think about touching gear again. It does you know good to take gear at your bf% especially the way you are taking it. Just some patience and education along the way bro:)

I know diet and bf% has to do with it. I think I overshot with 20% body fat. I've been training for 18 years and also love to read about nutrition. I agree that I will always read and further educate myself on this. What bothers me though is that my nutrition and training has been more of a constant and the factor that has changed was the addition on prop and arimidex. This is why I asked specific on the AAS/AI. I have done many cycles in the past yet this is my 1st cycle in 9 years so I'm getting my feet wet again with the AAS. And also, when I have ran cycles of greater dosages in the past I never had just my ankles swell.

It's water retention, pure and simple. It will subside but the higher bf% you are the worse it is. You already retain a good amount of water due to a lot of fat cells being fully loaded. If you are out all day walking or in the heat a lot of times you can collect water in that area especially with a shitty diet, high sodium, etc. Everything combined and there you have it. The reason he asked if you are on hgh is bc of the water retention a hgh and it can and will make some people carry water in there ankles. This isn't the case with your situation. Nothing to worry about but do the above as previously stated and you will find that you will feel and look a lot better

Do some cardio, get in a sauna, take some dandelion root and Vit C. You're on drugs that make you retain water, it's normal.

Good question on body fat %. I know I could be better off if this improved. I would estimate below 20%. I cannot see abs at all but can usually see my top two. I think diet needs to be improved. I have a veggie and fruit smoothie every morning. Usually a 10am snack, fruit and grain. A huge salad plus an extra carb or protein for lunch. Eggs or protein with some sort of carb prior to working out. Dinner is a cooked at home. Usually a protein, veggie and grain. And then I snack at night. I have been thinking lately of actually writing my diet and taking it more seriously. Weekends I follow similar eating habits but do snack a lot.

See bold above: Probably 20% or over. And what do you mean you can "usually" see your top 2 abs? You can either see them or you can't. They don't just come and go from day to day. Most people underestimate their bodyfat.

Ohhh...and I don't think the test is at all responsibe for your recently swollen ankles. You're only using about 245 mg/week, long with some a-dex. On top of that, it is test prop.

At best, I see test as a possible contributer, not the main problem. Such a low dose of prop + AI is not going to result in significant edema unless you have some other underlying issue.

Last edited:
To take gear and have a shitty diet. It's not just the gear making you hold water, it's the combination of a shitty diet and the gear.

To be clear i do cook and prepare food on a daily basis and bring this with me everyday. I strive for 6 meals a day and roughly aim for 60/30/10 carb/pro/fat for each meal depending on the time of day the ratio varies. I also try to eat high nutrient foods and eat a ton of veggies. I have been cooking in bulk lately and adding more meat into the diet increasing the ratio of protein per day. Where i feel im slipping is going to eat on weekends and snacking later in the night friday and saturday. Believe me I also think its a waste to even train without supporting your muscles and recovery with nutrition.

However, i do honestly feel i could do better with my weekend eating routine. I want to make a diet log so I can visually see what im eatin through the day and make some changes. I need to get my bf% down and take it seriously.

You need to do am fasted cardio as often as possible until you reduce your bodyfat. Cut out carbs as early in the evening as schedule allows, 5-6pm dinner as last carbs of the day. This is the most painfree way to get lean.

You could play with carb cycling also. If you can't help but overeat junk on the weekends then go low/no carb mon, tues.

Make sure it's not a kidney issue.

Your macros are all fucked up, 60% carbs is the highest you'd ever want to go and anything less than 15% fats is not advised. Are you an endomorph?

When your ankles swell usually a sign of to much estrogen for me anyways.. With that bf content its going to be an issue. Address the bf and estrogen

big time water retention. the swollen ankles thing sucks

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity