Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
Severed Ties

Syntheselen sterility
Ok got my order of syntheselen today and is anyone else questioning how this stuff stays sterile???

I don't know if their is any alcohol in it because none is listed on the bottle but what really bothers me is I stuck the needle throught what I assumed would be a rubber stopper to draw my first injection and now I have an open hole in top of the bottle because it's just some thin plastic paper. I checked my package and didn't find any kind of top to put on the bottle so how is this stuff supposed to stay sterile if it's exposed to air???

Second I'm assuming the injections are more painful than I'm used to because I have never shot anything water based IM, but this stuff lumps up almost immediately. After a great deal of hard massaging I was able to get some of the lump to disperse but part of it won't budge. Is this normal for water based injections because I shot 3cc's and I've never had a problem with oil based products.

thanks for any responses, the product seems great but I must admit that I am dissapointed with the packaging. Think I'll go rub my lump some more.

ST

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-14-2002 01:48 AM

xcelbeyond
Better than avg BB'er

The "plastic" on the cap is just added proection that covers the septum - kinda nice when you think about it! Water-based is definately more painful than most oil-based injections.

I actually just (re)started using Syntheselen today. I decided I'd do stomach sub-Q this go around. I'm also using Synthergine, which sometimes really has a sting to it when you inject it. The Syntheselen didn't sting injecting it but it has left me with some very uncomfortable sites!

If you do sub-Q in the stomach, don't do over 1ml at an injection site.

xcelbeyond

05-14-2002 02:09 AM

Severed Ties

Xcel whats the septum supposed to look like, cause I think they forgot it on mine. I turned the bottle upside down to draw and some of the liquid ran out the hole the needle made.

Also is it normal for water based injections to cause a lump, because I'd rather just keep shooting IM but I've got a friggen golf ball in my leg. No signs of an abcess but you can see the bulge in my quad from where I shot.

ST

05-14-2002 06:12 AM

xcelbeyond
Better than avg BB'er

Big A's Response on Water-Based Products (not Suspension)
Water based products are generally bastards to inject. Several things could have happened. Most likely, either you missed the muscle and the fat/skin, so the fluid went in between, thus causing the lump which would take a LONG time to disperse.

Also, this can happen inside a muscle too, when the needle hole actually ends up right in between heads, so the fluid gets trapped there. Again a long dispersing time result. When this happens with an oil, the oil just follows gravity. That's what happens when you hear about guys doing site shots with oils in the arms and then the oil 'travels' to their elbow. With a water based product though, because it is such a different ph from the body's ph (that's why water based inj sting while oils you can't feel) if it gets trapped there, the body creates a bolus, which is the body's natural reaction to protect itself from a foreign body. That causes it to disperse very slowly again.

This is the reason why I always recommend to do the water based shots (not suspensions) subQ, no more than 1ml per site. That way they will disperse easy without complications. The only thing that can happen that way, is if you are allergic to something in it and then you get a lump and red rash on your skin. This happens mainly in some people that use insulin or gh.

xcelbeyond

05-14-2002 07:05 AM

Big A
IFBB PRO / Moderator

The 'rubber' stopper' on the bottles is made out of teflon (that's what ity looks like) not rubber. Because of that, you can't use large needles to draw out of it as teflon doesn't seal as well as rubber. For SQ shots (that's how I do all my water based stuff) I draw out with an insulin needle29g as it's attached to the insulin syringe that I use for SQ shots. TRhe needle is tiny and it doesn't leave any holes in the septa.

When I used Syntherol, I would draw out with a 23g as I found the 21g would leave a hole a bit too big in the septa.

I guess we have to put up with those septas as they can't have 'proper' rubber stoppers on their bottles, especially when their products are marketed as ORAL!

05-14-2002 10:57 AM

heavy squat

I have the solution, Buy a sterile 100cc bottle for $1.50 and a 30cc syringe for 50 cents, and put the contents of your bottle and more into a standard septum vial. Won't cost much, will save headache.

Trasferring either Synthetine or Syntheselen into another container is
unecessary as both products have multi-use rubber seals to keep them
sterile.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75