over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking benadryl to cleanse receptors???

Crux

Newbies
A gym associate asked me how often I take Benadryl because I was bitching about not sleeping well. I never take Benadryl unless i'm having serious allergy issues.

He preceded to explain that taking 50-75mg Benadryl a day really helps to cleans all your body's receptors and is especially helpful when taking diet drugs like clenbuteral and ephedrine as well as helping sleep.

Is there any truth to this or is it total bullshit??

I thought I remembered reading years ago that you could take clen for a month before taking a break if you took Benadryl daily

I've heard it helps. I take it nightly and I'm very sensitive to clen even after a month on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

This is some serious Broscience it would be very beneficial if accurate?

Ketotifen was the drug that helps clear adrenergic beta receptors. I never tried it for this but it does help you sleep. There is info on this on the net.

Both benadryl and ketotifen are antihistamines. They supposedly clean out your beta receptors, the same kind that clenbuterol and other beta 2 agonists attach to. Nothing to do with androgen receptors. Not even sure how effective it really is or if it was another gimmick to open up more research chems adding ketotifen to the list...

A recent study linked long term Benadryl usage to dementia. Just throwing that out there.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...l-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

This has been known for a long time. The sample is kind of skewed, unfortunately. There are a plethora of drugs that the elderly take daily, that worsen dementia. When an elderly person comes in with an altered level of consciousness, one of the first things is to eliminate these drugs from their regimen and watch for improvement. The drugs in question are across essentially all classes of medication.

Practitioners don't make a habit of discouraging healthy, young people from taking them occasionally or even daily.

Ketotifen was the drug that helps clear adrenergic beta receptors. I never tried it for this but it does help you sleep. There is info on this on the net.

The OP's recommendation for Benadryl comes from the known effect of Ketotifen, preventing the downregulation you get from Clenbuterol, if you don't want to use it in a cyclical fasion. Bodybuilders have expanded that recommendation to include Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Unisom (doxylamine).

A recent study linked long term Benadryl usage to dementia. Just throwing that out there.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...l-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

This has been known for a long time. The sample is kind of skewed, unfortunately. There are a plethora of drugs that the elderly take daily, that worsen dementia. When an elderly person comes in with an altered level of consciousness, one of the first things is to eliminate these drugs from their regimen and watch for improvement. The drugs in question are across essentially all classes of medication.

Practitioners don't make a habit of discouraging healthy, young people from taking them occasionally or even daily.

The OP's recommendation for Benadryl comes from the known effect of Ketotifen, preventing the downregulation you get from Clenbuterol, if you don't want to use it in a cyclical fasion. Bodybuilders have expanded that recommendation to include Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Unisom (doxylamine).

Just watched a utube video from Lee Priest. He said if you run clenbuteral for more than 2 weeks Benadryl will help keep it working

lol@ cleanse receptors...
I was gona say something silly like just use soap n water but for real the ideas you guys get... lol cleansing receptors!:lightbulb:

Ketotifen increases activity at beta 2 receptors when taken with clen. There are studies showing this. Sorry if the language used was not appropriate "cleanse receptor". I don't know if benadryl has the same effect.

anyone take hydroxyzine pamoate? primary care physician wrote a script to help with getting to sleep and staying asleep. i guess it's in same category

Both benadryl and ketotifen are antihistamines. They supposedly clean out your beta receptors, the same kind that clenbuterol and other beta 2 agonists attach to. Nothing to do with androgen receptors. Not even sure how effective it really is or if it was another gimmick to open up more research chems adding ketotifen to the list...
They are both antihistamines but with significantly different mechanisms. Ketotifen has studies to show that it increases beta receptor activity/concentration but there is no such evidence for diphenhydramine. The latter is broscience.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They are both antihistamines but with significantly different mechanisms. Ketotifen has studies to show that it increases beta receptor activity/concentration but there is no such evidence for diphenhydramine. The latter is broscience.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

[emoji106]
The only other antihistamine besides ketotifen that has shown this is cyproheptadine.

Don't waste your time with benadryl. Keto and cypro are cheap and readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the anti-histamine function that upregulates the receptors, so all anti-histamines don't do this. Drugs such as Ketotifen do this through another mechanism as a "side effect."

Now if Benedryl helps you sleep, then some sleep is better than no sleep, but the sleep-quality will be some-what compromised.

It's not the anti-histamine function that upregulates the receptors, so all anti-histamines don't do this. Drugs such as Ketotifen do this through another mechanism as a "side effect."

Now if Benedryl helps you sleep, then some sleep is better than no sleep, but the sleep-quality will be some-what compromised.

b_cornelius so do you recommend Ketotifen for up regulating the receptors which gets suppressed with clen or ephedrine HCL use if a subject is using such compounds? Are there any other alternative options in your opinion? please advice. thanks mate

I see Emric looking at this , I'd surely like to hear what he has to say or advice

I've admittedly been running clen off and on for close to ten years now... Majority of that time being 'on'... Without benedryl it loses its effectiveness quite quickly. Using benedryl I can run it indefinitely and still be jittery and shaky daily. I've run it for years straight (stupid, I know) and it kept effective as long as I stayed on top of my benedryl use. So my own personal experience I strongly believe benedryl up regulates the beta 2 receptors. I've used it and everything under the sun more than I care to admit and feel confident in saying benedryl has always enhanced the effects and allowed me to keep my dose the same and run it as long as my heart desires (which is ironic since it can cause irregular heart beats/heart problems ... Some day it could be the cause of my heart stopping, hah.)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws