over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taurine In Depth

Muay Thai

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Taurine, despite not being a neurotransmitter itself, plays important roles in neurotransmission and neuromodulation. It interacts with various neurotransmitter systems and pathways in the brain. Here are some of the key pathways and neurotransmitters that taurine influences:

1. GABAergic System: Taurine is an agonist at GABA-A receptors, which means it can enhance the inhibitory effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. This interaction can help promote relaxation and reduce anxiety.
  2. Glutamatergic System: Taurine can modulate the activity of glutamate, the main excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain. It can act as a partial agonist at NMDA receptors and inhibit the release of glutamate, which may help protect against excitotoxicity.
  3. Calcium Signaling: Taurine can regulate intracellular calcium levels, which is important for various cellular processes, including neurotransmitter release and synaptic plasticity.
  4. Osmoregulation: Taurine plays a role in osmoregulation, helping to maintain cell volume and electrolyte balance, which is important for neuronal function.
  5. Neuroprotection: Taurine has antioxidant properties and can help protect neurons from oxidative stress and damage.
  6. Neurotransmitter Release: Taurine may enhance the release of neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine and dopamine, which are involved in various cognitive and motor functions.
  7. Neuromodulation: Taurine can modulate the activity of other neurotransmitter systems, including serotonin and norepinephrine, which are involved in mood regulation and stress response.

1. Heart Health: Taurine supports heart health by improving the function of the heart muscle, regulating blood pressure, and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
  2. Antioxidant Protection: Taurine acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
  3. Eye Health: Taurine is important for maintaining healthy vision and may help protect against eye disorders such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
  4. Neuroprotection: Taurine has neuroprotective effects, helping to protect against neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
  5. Liver Health: Taurine supports liver health by aiding in detoxification processes and protecting against liver damage.
  6. Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Taurine has anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body and improve symptoms of inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.
  7. Improved Athletic Performance: Taurine has been shown to improve exercise performance by increasing endurance and reducing muscle damage and fatigue.
  8. Blood Sugar Regulation: Taurine may help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity, reducing the risk of diabetes.
  9. Weight Management: Taurine may help promote weight loss by increasing metabolism and reducing appetite.
  10. Immune Support: Taurine supports immune function by enhancing the activity of immune cells and reducing inflammation.
  11. Improved Mental Health: Taurine may help improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
  12. Bone Health: Taurine is important for bone health, as it helps regulate calcium levels in the body and supports bone formation.
  13. Gut Health: Taurine helps maintain a healthy gut lining and may help improve digestive health.
  14. Skin Health: Taurine is beneficial for skin health, as it helps protect against UV damage and promotes collagen production.
  15. Improved Sleep: Taurine may help improve sleep quality by regulating neurotransmitters involved in sleep-wake cycles.
  16. Reduced Risk of Stroke: Taurine has been shown to reduce the risk of stroke by improving blood flow and reducing inflammation.
  17. Antibacterial Properties: Taurine has antibacterial properties, which may help protect against bacterial infections.
  18. Reduced Muscle Soreness: Taurine may help reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery after exercise.
  19. Hearing Protection: Taurine may help protect against noise-induced hearing loss.
  20. Anti-Aging Effects: Taurine has been shown to have anti-aging effects, helping to protect against age-related decline in physical and cognitive function.

How EXACTLY does taurine HELP kidneys & LIVER?

Taurine plays several important roles in supporting kidney and liver health:

1. Antioxidant Activity: Taurine is a potent antioxidant that helps protect the kidneys and liver from oxidative stress and damage caused by free radicals. This antioxidant activity helps reduce inflammation and prevents cell death in these organs.
  2. Detoxification: Taurine plays a role in the detoxification processes in the liver. It helps the liver to metabolize and excrete toxins, drugs, and other harmful substances, reducing the risk of liver damage.
  3. Bile Production: Taurine is involved in the formation of bile acids, which are essential for the digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Adequate bile production is important for liver health and overall digestion.
  4. Cellular Protection: Taurine helps protect kidney and liver cells from damage by stabilizing cell membranes and preventing cell death. This is particularly important in conditions that can damage these organs, such as diabetes and fatty liver disease.
  5. Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Taurine has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the kidneys and liver. Chronic inflammation can contribute to the progression of kidney and liver diseases, so reducing inflammation is beneficial for overall organ health.
  6. Regulation of Blood Pressure: Taurine helps regulate blood pressure, which is important for kidney health. High blood pressure can damage the kidneys over time, leading to kidney disease.
  7. Prevention of Fibrosis: Taurine has been shown to reduce the formation of scar tissue (fibrosis) in the kidneys and liver. Excessive fibrosis can impair organ function and contribute to the progression of kidney and liver diseases.
  8. Improved Insulin Sensitivity: Taurine has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, which is beneficial for people with diabetes. Improved insulin sensitivity can help protect the kidneys and liver from the damaging effects of high blood sugar levels.

ChatGPT

I take taurine year round at a measly 2g per day but ive used more in the past for back pumps from orals. I would say most guys here taking taurine daily take about 5g per day.

Good idea. Good stuff. Being tasteless makes it easy for me to dump in my water. I do the same with TMG.

ChatGPT

I take taurine year round at a measly 2g per day but ive used more in the past for back pumps from orals. I would say most guys here taking taurine daily take about 5g per day.
In no way shape or form did I say that I wrote this, obviously it's compiled collectively from chat GPT but Thank you for distinguishing and establishing that for us! everything is AI , a bibliography is not NECESSARY everytime we are in 2024 not 1996 folks :)

I have been on here telling people for over decade to take 3-5g of Taurine daily. I used to buy the little blue bottles of 200g from afboard back in 2005. They also had some great things like oxytocin nasal spray, trans-alanyl glutamine and more. Man I miss those days.

Creatine 5-20g
Citrulline Malate 10-15g
Glutamine for gut health 5-10g
Leucine is always a good idea with proper timing @5g per.

I have been on here telling people for over decade to take 3-5g of Taurine daily. I used to buy the little blue bottles of 200g from afboard back in 2005. They also had some great things like oxytocin nasal spray, trans-alanyl glutamine and more. Man I miss those days.

Creatine 5-20g
Citrulline Malate 10-15g
Glutamine for gut health 5-10g
Leucine is always a good idea with proper timing @5g per.
Forgot to add Glycine 15-20g daily.
and maybe 2-3g TMG

Along with EAA and or Whey, these are the elite powders you can use to change and better your life.

Bun is 26...Last three times its been 26 x2, 30.
Alt is 160. Taken nutracost Milk thistle 4:1 . Guess will have to take some tudca and see if this causes alt to down down.

Goal is to bring alt, and bun down . Taurine is a staple supplement L2bb is expirementing on lowering bun .

TAURine, TAUR-ine, TAUR-us, Taurus=bull/cow/bovine… one of the reasons why we have always loved Beef Liver Tablets! Take your liver tabs! Probably the best source of Taurine..

Beef/Bovine/Taurus sources of Taurine will be best. Supplementing with Taurine is a great idea, all around. Strong like a bull?? Not without Taurine you won’t be.

Bun is 26...Last three times its been 26 x2, 30.
Alt is 160. Taken nutracost Milk thistle 4:1 . Guess will have to take some tudca and see if this causes alt to down down.

Goal is to bring alt, and bun down . Taurine is a staple supplement L2bb is expirementing on lowering bun .
4:1 means little if anything. Get a milk thistle that is 150mg and take it 3x/day or better yet use NAC 600mg x3 daily. If you need the big dog, get TUDCA and use it at 300mg 2-3x daily. I'd go with Leviathan brand and call it a day.

Forgot to add Glycine 15-20g daily.
and maybe 2-3g TMG

Along with EAA and or Whey, these are the elite powders you can use to change and better your life.
This and the other thread reminded me to get some taurine, but what is the rationale for the specific amounts of glycine? I had a bag and was taking a teaspoon before bed for a while and couldn't tell if it was worth getting more.

I am also getting an unknown amount from magnesium glycinate.

@Knight9 if you get a chance, can you let us know what you get out of high dosed glycine? It's certainly cheap enough and I feel like it may have improved my sleep somewhat at the time. This was only with a level teaspoon though.

@Knight9 if you get a chance, can you let us know what you get out of high dosed glycine? It's certainly cheap enough and I feel like it may have improved my sleep somewhat at the time. This was only with a level teaspoon though.
I’ve recently been megadosing glycine 20-30g before bed and I’ve seen a decent sized boost to my REM sleep per night. 30-50% on average

Glycine is not an essential amino acid, but is the second most abundant amino acid found within the cells of our body.

It breaks down and transports nutrients- glycogen and fat to be used as energy.

It's primarily found in our joints, connective tissue and muscle. It's also a key amino acid required to make collagen.

It also helps heal the gut from inflammation.

The body has the ability to make small amounts of it, but as athletes and bodybuilders it can be extremely beneficial to supplement given how hard we tax our body.

I personally add bone broth to my meals to accomplish this from a food source (as it has other benefits), but most people could benefit from getting more glycine from either food or supplement form.

I’ve recently been megadosing glycine 20-30g before bed and I’ve seen a decent sized boost to my REM sleep per night. 30-50% on average
That is actually super interesting. The reason I bought a bag of glycine was I heard it would improve sleep quality when consuming THC... Which reduces rem sleep.

Glycine is not an essential amino acid, but is the second most abundant amino acid found within the cells of our body.

It breaks down and transports nutrients- glycogen and fat to be used as energy.

It's primarily found in our joints, connective tissue and muscle. It's also a key amino acid required to make collagen.

It also helps heal the gut from inflammation.

The body has the ability to make small amounts of it, but as athletes and bodybuilders it can be extremely beneficial to supplement given how hard we tax our body.

I personally add bone broth to my meals to accomplish this from a food source (as it has other benefits), but most people could benefit from getting more glycine from either food or supplement form.
On the Menace podcast last episode , most recent with Phil Heath, he mentions he takes this in morning 4-6 oz and instantly cleared his stomach up.

. Does it have to be bone broth? or can it be chicken or beef broth?

Bought this today for 3.19 and saw great value brand chicken and beef broth for 1.57 ...

Attachments

• IMG_20240508_232255265.jpg
    IMG_20240508_232255265.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 4
On the Menace podcast last episode , most recent with Phil Heath, he mentions he takes this in morning 4-6 oz and instantly cleared his stomach up.

Bought this today for 3.19 and saw great value brand chicken and beef broth for 1.57 ...
It's all bone brother, you can get it from different animals. I drink 4oz. beef bone broth before breakfast.

There is a difference between beef broth and beef “bone” broth. I would stick to the bone broth as you’ll get a lot more nutrition- collagen, protein and glycine as opposed to just drinking the broth.

You don’t have to buy over priced brands like Kettle and Fire. I used Pacific brand as its low sodium and organic. A few bucks for a large carton.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Omoney2323
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws