over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tendonitis

need tips on training with tendonitis in forearm

This is no Bullshit I didn't workout for 3 months due to tendonitis in the forearm run all the way to the tendon in my wrist. I went to a accupuncturist for 2 sessions and within 2 weeks I was back in the gym she told me to cut out diet sodas bc they cause inflamation drink lots of water eat no processed foods and to make sure I am taking fish oil and flaxseed oil bc they reduce inflamation also another thing that helps is to go get a massage and tell them about the tendonitis to massage lactic acid our of forearms or get your wife girlfriend ect to do this get your some biofreeze and start from your wrist work towards your elbow wanting the lactic acid to be pushed out of arm remember alot of water afterwards to help flush lactic acid that has just been broken up to push it out.Hope this helps you.

Buy good elbow wrap and train through it (just lighten the weight some). It'll go away after some time. Been through it several times with wrist, forearm and knee too.

This sleeve works good too.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
i had bad problems with tendonitis/tendonosis for a long time in both arms with inner and outer elbow,i tried all kinds of crap but nothing worked until i had ART done,the first few sessions hurt but i progressed fast.

This is no Bullshit I didn't workout for 3 months due to tendonitis in the forearm run all the way to the tendon in my wrist. I went to a accupuncturist for 2 sessions and within 2 weeks I was back in the gym she told me to cut out diet sodas bc they cause inflamation drink lots of water eat no processed foods and to make sure I am taking fish oil and flaxseed oil bc they reduce inflamation also another thing that helps is to go get a massage and tell them about the tendonitis to massage lactic acid our of forearms or get your wife girlfriend ect to do this get your some biofreeze and start from your wrist work towards your elbow wanting the lactic acid to be pushed out of arm remember alot of water afterwards to help flush lactic acid that has just been broken up to push it out.Hope this helps you.

This will help, I never had this problem till I started benching heavier, I tried motrin, stretching n icy hot n none of those really worked, some days the pain is moderate n some days its excruciating, I'm at the point that I'll try anything outside of amputation, lol

I have struggled with this for almost a year and a half. I am just now starting to be pain free and able to train biceps all out.
ART helped a good bit but I could only afford it for a few weeks. Otherwise, massage and stretching constantly. Sleeves and/or wraps.
Mostly though I had to change the way I train. For me I could only train biceps and back with a neutral grip. Any chest or tri movement hurt my forearm really bad but I could suffer through it and stretch it out after the set.

Buy good elbow wrap and train through it (just lighten the weight some). It'll go away after some time. Been through it several times with wrist, forearm and knee too.

**broken link removed**

This is the only thing that works for me as well. I have to wrap with heavy weight. Anything over 315 on bench, squat, whatever and I wrap up. I also have to keep it lighter on movements like skull crushers due to the tendonitis I get from going heavy. Over the years, my tendons and ligaments have started to catch up in growth to my muscles so the pain is lessening.

Ice and NSAIDs like Ibuprophen or Naproxen after a workout also really help. You really don't want to apply any warmth to the area as warmth will cause vasodilation and actually can increase swelling. I know warmth feels better but good old ice works wonders if used consistently. I also had to quit working out so much like a power lifter and start working out more as a bodybuilder. It was hard on my ego and my strength has gone down some but my size has increased very well and my elbows feel much better!

I got a question. Does it hurt worst when wearing a elbow sleeve?

I have a inner and outer elbow pain that gets worst with a elbow sleeve.

Thanks!

Cissus helped me heal up quick when I had this problem.

I got a question. Does it hurt worst when wearing a elbow sleeve?

I have a inner and outer elbow pain that gets worst with a elbow sleeve.

Thanks!

Not for me. Lessens the pain a lot....allowing me to train almost normally.

It hurts most when I do presses when I have to extend my arm fully, my arm doesn't even completely straighten out anymore, the pain isn't as bad when doing pulling movements, sounds crazy but true

This will help, I never had this problem till I started benching heavier, I tried motrin, stretching n icy hot n none of those really worked, some days the pain is moderate n some days its excruciating, I'm at the point that I'll try anything outside of amputation, lol

I was in the exact same boat as you bro I want to chiopracter had cortisone shot and had a round of prednisone and the only thing that helped was the accupuncture and what she told me to do

**broken link removed**

This is the only thing that works for me as well. I have to wrap with heavy weight. Anything over 315 on bench, squat, whatever and I wrap up. I also have to keep it lighter on movements like skull crushers due to the tendonitis I get from going heavy. Over the years, my tendons and ligaments have started to catch up in growth to my muscles so the pain is lessening.

Ice and NSAIDs like Ibuprophen or Naproxen after a workout also really help. You really don't want to apply any warmth to the area as warmth will cause vasodilation and actually can increase swelling. I know warmth feels better but good old ice works wonders if used consistently. I also had to quit working out so much like a power lifter and start working out more as a bodybuilder. It was hard on my ego and my strength has gone down some but my size has increased very well and my elbows feel much better!

When wearing these sleeves should they be a tight fit or a loose fit? I wear neoprene sleeves and they are tight as crap so was not sure if the Inzer sleeve should be the same. Thanks :)

When wearing these sleeves should they be a tight fit or a loose fit? I wear neoprene sleeves and they are tight as crap so was not sure if the Inzer sleeve should be the same. Thanks :)

You can adjust them to whatever level of tightness you want. Thats why they are so cool.

go to sports authority and get a mcdavid elbow sleve then check eliete fitness systems and get this liniment called blue heat its a life saver

Not for me. Lessens the pain a lot....allowing me to train almost normally.

Thanks for the reply. Mine hurts worst like its putting pressure where it doesn't need to be, even when not lifting. This makes it hard for me to determine what I have.

If you end up going to the dr, try to get him to give you mobic instead of naproxen...that stuff works like a champ.

I'm in the same boat nad might try that sleeve. I see there are different sizes. Would you measure your arm - and if so, at the elbow or lower bicep?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear