advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The truths about dieting, including guide.

Good stuff. Appreciate your time bro.

Any thoughts regarding the use of lemon water drink to change an acid condition into alkaline?

I have a friend that actually uses baking soda molasses drink. what's your thoughts on that?

He needs to know what he is doing it for. I do suggest people who do not follow a proper diet check their ph from time to time. All the crap that is put into foods today CAN get your ph out of line. You body's ph will not change, but will put stress on your body to keep it that way. This is all mediated with a proper diet of course, if you are eating balanced like the examples above, it should not happen, unless you are a rare case or have an underlying disease. Have him check to make sure he is doing it for the right reasons... although a proper diet is always the best solution.

He needs to know what he is doing it for. I do suggest people who do not follow a proper diet check their ph from time to time. All the crap that is put into foods today CAN get your ph out of line. You body's ph will not change, but will put stress on your body to keep it that way. This is all mediated with a proper diet of course, if you are eating balanced like the examples above, it should not happen, unless you are a rare case or have an underlying disease. Have him check to make sure he is doing it for the right reasons... although a proper diet is always the best solution.

Traction is correct. If people are consuming artificial sweeteners, lots of sugar and food additives, OTC drugs, oral steroids, processed food, etc, etc then it can tax the body's ability to find this balance and cause mineral imbalances.

I would not advise the baking soda unless acute hyper-acidity is occurring in the stomach. The body ALSO has to work hard to pump up the HCL production, wihch is likely low in most people now from all the drugs, pollutants, stress, etc so putting overly alkaline buffers in the stomach may not be helping as much as it's hurting another process the body has to restore.

CHLOROPHYLL is a great little trick :)

Traction is correct. If people are consuming artificial sweeteners, lots of sugar and food additives, OTC drugs, oral steroids, processed food, etc, etc then it can tax the body's ability to find this balance and cause mineral imbalances.

I would not advise the baking soda unless acute hyper-acidity is occurring in the stomach. The body ALSO has to work hard to pump up the HCL production, wihch is likely low in most people now from all the drugs, pollutants, stress, etc so putting overly alkaline buffers in the stomach may not be helping as much as it's hurting another process the body has to restore.

The importance of a great balanced diet, chlorophyll will be abundant ;)

You advocate a balanced diet of 40/40/20, but then you have zero carbs in your 2nd and 6th meal? You are against the science here. See research by Barry Sears or read a book by a good nutritionist like Chris Aceto. There is no reason to not balance macros in EVERY MEAL. Some meals should have more carbs, and some less, but there is no reason to have little or zero carbs in any meal unless you are talking contest prep for certain individuals- and even then it is questionable according to the science.

Do you think you don't burn carbohydrates at night? What happens to that protein without carbs present and not in a state of ketosis?

You advocate a balanced diet of 40/40/20, but then you have zero carbs in your 2nd and 6th meal? You are against the science here. See research by Barry Sears or read a book by a good nutritionist like Chris Aceto. There is no reason to not balance macros in EVERY MEAL. Some meals should have more carbs, and some less, but there is no reason to have little or zero carbs in any meal unless you are talking contest prep for certain individuals- and even then it is questionable according to the science.

Do you think you don't burn carbohydrates at night? What happens to that protein without carbs present and not in a state of ketosis?

This had been argued to death SO many times, you're just here to make me waste my time, and seagull flock the thread.

This whole myth is ridiculous. If you're stomach acidity does not determine your plasma pH. THe body tightly regulates plasma pH. It's good to not have a condition such that the body has to rob mineral stores (bones, etc) to alkalize the blood and keep the pH stable, but that's rare. if you eat a balanced diet with some animal protein/fat green veggies (chlorophyll) and starch, you should be fine.

Anyone who's constantly trying to reduce their stomach acidity is asking for trouble. The stomach should be VERY acidic. That's how we digest food. That's how we kill pathogens and parasites in our food. PPIs and other acid reducing techniques can easily lead to yeast infections, candida, parasites, poor digestion, mineral imbalances, etc.

Actually recent research has proven that you CAN change the PH of the blood by ingesting a base. I'll let you guys argue a bit and then when I feel motivated I will post the research.

Last edited:
Actually recent research has proven that you CAN change the PH of the blood by ingesting a base. I'll let you guys argue a bit and then when I feel motivated I will post the research.

There's nothing to argue here, everyone agree's?

I can already see where this is going... typical.

There's nothing to argue here, everyone agree's?

I can already see where this is going... typical.

Actually I'm correcting Adonis not yourself, I edited my post to show that. If you are aware that blood PH can be altered through diet and supplementation then you are ahead of the curve. Homeopaths have been saying you CAN forever, and all the medical dogma says you cannot.

I'm actually not here to argue with you. I present science, research, experiences, and other expert opinions. You just argue that is isn't true or doesn't apply, without presenting you own evidence to back up your broscience, disappointing. However debates are always enlightening, especially to onlookers.

The importance of a great balanced diet, chlorophyll will be abundant ;)

Leafy greens (raw - like lettuces/spinach) are my favorite for this.

What I said in my comment about plasma pH was:

"... If you're stomach acidity does not determine your plasma pH. THe body tightly regulates plasma pH. It's good to not have a condition such that the body has to rob mineral stores (bones, etc) to alkalize the blood and keep the pH stable, but that's rare. if you eat a balanced diet with some animal protein/fat green veggies (chlorophyll) and starch, you should be fine. "

I never disputed that dietary manipulation can positively or negatively affect plasma pH.

I don't think it's incorrect to state that the health food industry takes a mile when given an inch and extrapolates too much without scientific backing.

I'm referring to people who micromanage the idea of manipulating their plasma pH through diet without knowing whether or not they have a condition where the body has a tough time regulating it. Drinking baking soda on speculation is not something I would ever recommend.

Leafy greens (raw - like lettuces/spinach) are my favorite for this.

I eat so much spinach you could call me popeye :p

What I said in my comment about plasma pH was:

"... If you're stomach acidity does not determine your plasma pH. THe body tightly regulates plasma pH. It's good to not have a condition such that the body has to rob mineral stores (bones, etc) to alkalize the blood and keep the pH stable, but that's rare. if you eat a balanced diet with some animal protein/fat green veggies (chlorophyll) and starch, you should be fine. "

I never disputed that dietary manipulation can positively or negatively affect plasma pH.

I don't think it's incorrect to state that the health food industry takes a mile when given an inch and extrapolates too much without scientific backing.

I'm referring to people who micromanage the idea of manipulating their plasma pH through diet without knowing whether or not they have a condition where the body has a tough time regulating it. Drinking baking soda on speculation is not something I would ever recommend.

I thought it was pretty clear that's what you meant Ad. He just seems pissed off from the other thread. The same thread about "scientific research" compared to his "opinion". Do I smell hypocrisy?

I thought it was pretty clear that's what you meant Ad. He just seems pissed off from the other thread. The same thread about "scientific research" compared to his "opinion". Do I smell hypocrisy?

I have no beef against Kaladryn. He's certainly very knowledgeable and experienced. More experienced at least, than I am, since as his time in the sport is much longer than mine.

My suggestion is (and this is really to everyone) to look at these boards and posts like opinions, unless they are citing research that definitively states one way or another. Even then though, research is done under specific conditions, and the results of the research can only be considered accurate for those specific conditions. Most of the time when we post research we are using it to speculate further and extrapolate from it.

Within the range methods that work (key phrase), I think there are no right and wrong ways - just ways that work best for some, and ways that work best for others.

I have no beef against Kaladryn. He's certainly very knowledgeable and experienced. More experienced at least, than I am, since as his time in the sport is much longer than mine.

My suggestion is (and this is really to everyone) to look at these boards and posts like opinions, unless they are citing research that definitively states one way or another. Even then though, research is done under specific conditions, and the results of the research can only be considered accurate for those specific conditions. Most of the time when we post research we are using it to speculate further and extrapolate from it.

Within the range methods that work (key phrase), I think there are no right and wrong ways - just ways that work best for some, and ways that work best for others.

Absolutely correct.

Something I would like to bring up that is greatly underated.

Digestive enzymes.

When pounding back so many meals per day with quite large total caloric content, our body cannot possibly properly digest all of this and use it as efficiently as we would want it to. That is where the need to supplement with digestive enzymes. I suggest getting a complete digestive enzyme supplement with any diet consisting of over 2000 calories/day (yes only 2000 calories, it doesn't seem like much but it is). You will be surprised how better you digestive system feels, and will possibly notice you will need to eat slightly less food to get the same amount of nutrition.

Does any one find that diet soda slows their metabolism in some way?

Something I would like to bring up that is greatly underated.

Digestive enzymes.

When pounding back so many meals per day with quite large total caloric content, our body cannot possibly properly digest all of this and use it as efficiently as we would want it to. That is where the need to supplement with digestive enzymes. I suggest getting a complete digestive enzyme supplement with any diet consisting of over 2000 calories/day (yes only 2000 calories, it doesn't seem like much but it is). You will be surprised how better you digestive system feels, and will possibly notice you will need to eat slightly less food to get the same amount of nutrition.

I know you think I am trolling your posts, but I'm not, you just keep posting in areas I have strong feelings about. I think it is healthy for people to see both sides of the debate, it's not personal.

That being said, digestive enzymes do work well, and if you are trying to eat an unnatural amount of food, they are very useful. However for most people, you body will adapt to almost anything you eat and eventually digest it fine. ANY time you change up you diet significantly, or add foods you are not used to, you will have trouble digesting them for a time. But a healthy digestive tract will develop the ability to digest these things given enough time.

I know you think I am trolling your posts, but I'm not, you just keep posting in areas I have strong feelings about. I think it is healthy for people to see both sides of the debate, it's not personal.

That being said, digestive enzymes do work well, and if you are trying to eat an unnatural amount of food, they are very useful. However for most people, you body will adapt to almost anything you eat and eventually digest it fine. ANY time you change up you diet significantly, or add foods you are not used to, you will have trouble digesting them for a time. But a healthy digestive tract will develop the ability to digest these things given enough time.

Absolutely. DE's just helps the body during those adjustment periods. And as bodybuilder's we go through changes every few weeks. So it is my opinion that we can benefit from this. There's no harm in trying to keep the digestive system healthy. We also eat a lot more, and especially harder to digest food, than the majority of the population, so I believe we can benefit more than the average person.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws