over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tyler Manion breaks down the Olympia judging

All I see here is a whole lot of haters. Yes there are some genetically gifted guys who can be bigger naturally than those two. But most guys aren't looking any better than that naturally.
Agree. When someone has been on gear for decades they can't remember what it's like being natural or what the limit is on natural. The ceiling is so much lower. All one needs to do is look at the average weights of competitors in natural competitions vs IFBB.

People always neglect the height factor as well. Helms is ~ six feet tall. If he was a fucken 5'6 midget or less everyone would be saying how great he is because he would look jacked as all hell.

Agree. When someone has been on gear for decades they can't remember what it's like being natural or what the limit is on natural. The ceiling is so much lower. All one needs to do is look at the average weights of competitors in natural competitions vs IFBB.

People always neglect the height factor as well. Helms is ~ six feet tall. If he was a fucken 5'6 midget or less everyone would be saying how great he is because he would look jacked as all hell.
Look
At the world records in powerlifting in the IPF versus natural records. They aren’t that far apart. Your correct ifbb pros versus naturals there is a big difference. But if you took all the jacked convicts out of prison that have been down for decades and put them next to the best natural bodybuilders on stages they would embarrass them badly. Trust me I know dozens of these guys personally who are locked up. They are genetic freaks no doubt. And I have two friends and a brother that are natural that don’t compete but you wouldn’t believe they are natural and they are. And they are all over 6” they are not midgets they are just big assstrong men with better than average genetics. I worked with a few guys in the woods that never touched a weight in their life that were just born big and powerful. One was Swedish and one was an Alaskan Indian. Freaks

Look
At the world records in powerlifting in the IPF versus natural records. They aren’t that far apart. Your correct ifbb pros versus naturals there is a big difference. But if you took all the jacked convicts out of prison that have been down for decades and put them next to the best natural bodybuilders on stages they would embarrass them badly. Trust me I know dozens of these guys personally who are locked up. They are genetic freaks no doubt. And I have two friends and a brother that are natural that don’t compete but you wouldn’t believe they are natural and they are. And they are all over 6” they are not midgets they are just big assstrong men with better than average genetics. I worked with a few guys in the woods that never touched a weight in their life that were just born big and powerful. One was Swedish and one was an Alaskan Indian. Freaks
I believe you. You're acknowledging that the freaks are outliers though. My comment is directed at the people who aren't.

lol, why are we hating on nattys in here?
I’m not hating on them. I support natural lifters. All the people I train are natural and all see great results. I was a natural lifer until I was 32. I was strong and already pretty decently built before I tried aas. I had hit a wall in strength and was t making much progress and I wanted to keep gaining. I don’t recommend anyone to do it until they have got as much out of their genetic natural potential as they can and their natural hormone levels start turning diminish.

Ok guys, now can we comment on Tyler's analysis or doesn't anyone give a shit? lol

I shared that video a few days ago in the Olympia thread, Tyler says it doesn't matter the past look of the athletes, but he repeats over 5 times how incredible Derek's progress (only in his mind) has been since last year.

By the way, in side poses, should be judged shoulder width? Aren't the front and back poses for that?

T-manion is a shit judge. His judging is vastly different than Steve Weinberger, who on the other hand is an absolutely terrific judge.

Ok guys, now can we comment on Tyler's analysis or doesn't anyone give a shit? lol

I shared that video a few days ago in the Olympia thread, Tyler says it doesn't matter the past look of the athletes, but he repeats over 5 times how incredible Derek's progress (only in his mind) has been since last year.

By the way, in side poses, should be judged shoulder width? Aren't the front and back poses for that?

I think Tyler gets the side chest wrong. Hadi pretty clearly beats Derek there. And I don't see what he is talking about with regard shoulder width in those side poses.

In quarter turns in side shots your front to back thickness is something that is analyzed this is legs side width, chest to back thickness and shoulder thickness (a reason to not overlook rear delt training)

In Derek and Hadi's video, Tyler mentions shoulder width in side poses. This is a lateral pose if executed correctly as the name implies, if we are purists and look up Arnold poses, you will see that he never shows his shoulder width in that pose.

I understand that poses are not executed now as 40 years ago, but I don't know if shoulder width should be taken into account in these poses.

You’re point Carries weight as a stand alone but it still stands that someone who hasn’t done gear for years gotten huge and lived the life and been on stage should in no way be the President or imo even a judge. Yes the commissioner of the NfL isn’t a prior player but that’s solely a business position and a billion dollar one. Though the league may rig games the refs generally aren’t prior players and look at all the problems that causes every week. Especially since the nfl has gotten super inclusive the reffing is getting worse. You go to other subjective sports like Olympic diving, skating, skiing and all the judges are life long members of the sport and though not perfect there seems to be less controversial decisions where the judges are prior athletes let alone the fucking President which if Tyler was in charge of promoting and contracts etc it would make more sense as it would be just another rich family passing the torch but judging and setting policy is another story. I don’t hate Tyler I just think he shouldn’t dictate the careers and as such lives of athletes a decade older than him who’ve been lifting longer than he’s been alive.

why the fuck would progress from one year to the next be a factor in determining the winner of a show? Impressive, inspirational etc.? Yes truly, but that should have zero bearing on the placings of a single show. Also, look how many guys have won shows with inferior versions of their best...it just mattered that they were the best that day against those other competitors. 2011 Phil was probably his all-time best, and probably one of the top 2 or 3 physiques of all time yet he won many titles after that.

why the fuck would progress from one year to the next be a factor in determining the winner of a show? Impressive, inspirational etc.? Yes truly, but that should have zero bearing on the placings of a single show. Also, look how many guys have won shows with inferior versions of their best...it just mattered that they were the best that day against those other competitors. 2011 Phil was probably his all-time best, and probably one of the top 2 or 3 physiques of all time yet he won many titles after that.
I think it was Shawn Ray who said in a recent interview that when he was competing professionally his stage weight over the years changed very little, ~ 10 lbs and that I think is being generous . . . and didn’t do too bad.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws