over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Typical Strength & Conditioning Work at High Schools..sad

And he is getting paid for that crap.:banghead:

It's the "Twilight" Routine for all those guys who want to get "toned" :)

it looks like a P.E. class i assuming the schools athletes use the "nice" equippment. I bet most of us never did anything that pruductive in high school physical education

There are alot of great strength coach's out there that work in school's-lets not stereo type all of them from 1 video.

yeah, gym class has come a long way in a lot of schools. that's actually impressive - except for the complete lack of supervision on form. When I was in HS, less than 10 years ago, we played floor hockey and made up games or just bs'd the whole time. I joined a sport just to learn how to use the weight room properly.

That would MABEY be a good supplementary workout 3-4 times a week for an athlete for endurance/conditioning.

That is NOT "STRENGTH and conditioning"

That is conditioning.

Now, where are the idiots who are going to tell me the best test of strength is how many pull ups you can do?

Come back and see me when your over 220lbs and we'll talk about that a little further.

Maybe they are just warming up or something...

I went to a workshop by a strength and conditioning coach thats worked in the NFL for the past 15 years... He basically said the same thing that many high school coaches are putting the kids in harms way with the lifts they are "teaching" them to do... He said any lift with more than 3 or 4 teaching points, such as clean and jerks, etc. are too dangerous for kids starting out.

I witnessed a kid at my gym, 17 years old and had 115 pounds on a barbell. He was holding it stiff armed over his head and doing walking lunges. He said his coach showed him this move and it was supposed to help with balance?

The NFL S&C coach I heard speak stated that those types of things are honed on the field and not in the weight room. He said you cant lift your way into being a talented athlete.

Too many idiots out there teaching things they have no clue on... There are some good ones too but the majority has kids in school doing a lot of dangerous and unneeded lifts IMO.

Goofing off disguised as exercise?

Last edited:
Damn, looks like a circus.

I thought my high school was bad...this takes it to another level. I see a girl in there too that would of motivated me in the day.

I went to a workshop by a strength and conditioning coach thats worked in the NFL for the past 15 years... He basically said the same thing that many high school coaches are putting the kids in harms way with the lifts they are "teaching" them to do... He said any lift with more than 3 or 4 teaching points, such as clean and jerks, etc. are too dangerous for kids starting out.

I witnessed a kid at my gym, 17 years old and had 115 pounds on a barbell. He was holding it stiff armed over his head and doing walking lunges. He said his coach showed him this move and it was supposed to help with balance?

The NFL S&C coach I heard speak stated that those types of things are honed on the field and not in the weight room. He said you cant lift your way into being a talented athlete.

Too many idiots out there teaching things they have no clue on... There are some good ones too but the majority has kids in school doing a lot of dangerous and unneeded lifts IMO.

I agree 100% My high school football coach nearly killed me(lol)

He must be getting kickbacks from the schools rehab and ortho department.

I thought it was bad back in school when we used to bench and squat 3 days a week.

I dunno - I see too many kids whose low strength indicates they obviously never played sports or even rode a bike ---- freak out about curling 45lbs.
I've seen this a few times in gyms and it's sad. They don't have the muscle memory from kid-running-around-things that older ppl have. Weak calves but they aren't in ethnic groups where calves are usually smaller. In other words, they're white....never worked their calves by walking or on a bike.

They joke that steroids R necessary for this ???? They obviously never pushed hard in their life. It's a total joke when this sort of kid shows up at a gym....

A quality HS athletic program IMO includes plyometrics + the basic lifts in the weightroom + very simple advice to eat protein - real food 3x/day i.e. eggs am -chicken at lunch - your choice chicken/beef/pork for dinner. As well as whatever sport the kids want to play - football, hoops, cross-country etc.

For girls - cheerleading type stuff - jumps and aerobics or volleyball etc.

None of this cr*p where kids skip out of PE altogether and play video games/get fat

Last edited:
Nice gym, and I really hope that was just a warm up other wise:eek:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear