over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UFC 117

You are crazy Michael! Sonnen has simply built up what really is a weak main event. Remember how embarrassing Damien Maia had it with Silva? Well, he beat Sonnen. Silva is so far ahead of this guy as far as skill goes. You can always tell when the main event will be good or not by looking at the undercard. This undercard is probably the most stacked on in a long time. UFC does this when the main event looks weak. After Silva's last fight, not many fans want to spend the money on him again. The Carwin/Lesnar fight was huge, so the undercard wasn't loaded. I hope you are right though Michael, cause I am tired of Silva.

I may be crazy, but in this game you cant play the ,"this guy beat that guy" Just doesnt apply to mma. The difference between maia and sonnen are takedowns. Maia has no takedowns...sonnen is a master at takedowns, and that is where silva can only get beaten in this match. His stand up is too good for sonnen. Maia pulled gaurd and was hoping anderson would jump into his gaurd...Maia's WORLD class jujitsu couldnt be utilized. Sonnen does not want to fight off his back and has a much different game plan. Take him down, control him and punch him. Sonnen has the ability to take him down where as Maia had no chance. Sonnen must be able to control silva and defend silva's jujitsu and be able to punish him. IF sonnen wins...this is the ONLY way he can. I hope he does win, and i think he can, but the odds are certainly STACKED against him. I hope he doesnt get knocked out in 30 seconds after talking so much shit. That would suck.

I certainly dont agree with your under card theory, because regardless of who wins I believe it wil be a good fight. Ok I am going to cook some dinna.

Just watched the weigh ins...man everyone is hating sonnen? I happen to like him

I like him to^^

Didn't know much about him until his last fight. He isn't just talking shit. I think he just realllly hates Silva. And i hope he knocks silva out!!

I like Sonnen too, he is funny as hell.

BMJ

i actually got money riding on sonnen, Grinders always worry me and sonnen is def. a grinder, a guy that just keeps coming foward, has great cardio conditioning and just doesn't stop from beginning to end, those types of guys are always dangerous. I would never bet against silva, i just got a bad feeling about this one with sonnens take down ability and his grind from start to finish, so i put my money on sonnen! yea call me stupid i just got a feeling about this one. :lightbulb:

i actually got money riding on sonnen, Grinders always worry me and sonnen is def. a grinder, a guy that just keeps coming foward, has great cardio conditioning and just doesn't stop from beginning to end, those types of guys are always dangerous. I would never bet against silva, i just got a bad feeling about this one with sonnens take down ability and his grind from start to finish, so i put my money on sonnen! yea call me stupid i just got a feeling about this one. :lightbulb:

I am with you brother

Anderson via whatever he wants. Sonnen's a blanket he lays on people an does no damage just keeps busy. Both have good chins but Anderson's is better. Anderson's striking is miles ahead and Sonnen doesnt have KO power. Silva has faced hi caliber wrestlers but Sonnen hasnt faced a striker like Silva. Silva finished Marquart in 1 rd and Sonnen couldnt in three and almost got subbed. If Sonnen tries to shoot without setting it up he eats a knee(Lights Out). The only way Sonnen wins is to hold Anderson down for 25 mins and not get subbed. Between Silva body triangle,elbows from guard, and tendnecy to get subbed, I dont see it happening. Also Sonnen's a lying bitch ass coward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DLJOMMdjA&has_verified=1

Last edited:
I have to laugh at you guys (no disrespect at all) who keep thinking Sonnen really has a chance here. This guy was submitted by Babalu (sp?). People keep mentioning how good his wrestling is. How is that going to matter against Anderson Silva. The guy is the best striker in the octagon. He virtually knocked out Forest Griffen (one of the toughest) while back-stepping. Not to mention he is a serious black belt in BJJ. Sure Sonnen is tough and is a grinder, but there are a couple of people in UFC (Silva, GSP, and maybe Lesnar) who are clearly in another league where grinders and tough guys can't even hang. The only thing we can hope for is that Silva actually fights and doesn't dance around like he did in his last fight. But I think Dana has made it clear that if he does that again, he won't have the fan support to keep fighting huge fights. I really lost a lot of respect for him after that last fight, but I don't like Sonnen either. I have been more looking forward to the undercard on this one, but now you guys have me looking forward to this fight. Lets see what happens.

sonnen by decision.

I have to laugh at you guys (no disrespect at all) who keep thinking Sonnen really has a chance here. This guy was submitted by Babalu (sp?). People keep mentioning how good his wrestling is. How is that going to matter against Anderson Silva. The guy is the best striker in the octagon. He virtually knocked out Forest Griffen (one of the toughest) while back-stepping. Not to mention he is a serious black belt in BJJ. Sure Sonnen is tough and is a grinder, but there are a couple of people in UFC (Silva, GSP, and maybe Lesnar) who are clearly in another league where grinders and tough guys can't even hang. The only thing we can hope for is that Silva actually fights and doesn't dance around like he did in his last fight. But I think Dana has made it clear that if he does that again, he won't have the fan support to keep fighting huge fights. I really lost a lot of respect for him after that last fight, but I don't like Sonnen either. I have been more looking forward to the undercard on this one, but now you guys have me looking forward to this fight. Lets see what happens.

do you follow the sport through just watching tv shows or do you train in the game? just because Chael was submitted by Babalu, who by the way is a very experienced and respected Jiu Jitsu ace, doesnt mean he cant fight someone else. He has beaten several other BJJ black belts. Just becuase one of them managed to catch him during a mistake doesnt mean he forever sucks against them. By your theary then Anderson should automatically just get his ass beat by anyone with some submissions because his last defeat came via a well telegraphed jumping heel hook to which Silva tapped immediately.
Getting caught is part of fighting. It happens.
As far as his chances go Chael has proven he is a workhorse and that is something that NO other fighter has given Silva. Everyone gives him too much space, time, and respect. Im not saying who will win but I am saying you cannot judge a fighter by his mistakes or by one bad fight. This game leaves much to chance.
FYI- anderson has never been considered a "serious black belt". he is an acknowledged black belt under Nog but his career has been filled with kickboxing, boxing, and MMA. I am sure he is good but I wouldnt classify him as a serious black belt.

the undercard tonight is damn near better than the main imo. how do you not get pumped up for Fitch-Alves!!! And although he is a fat beast I am excited to see Junior against Roy Nelson. Hughes Almeida has potential to be a great fight if they really take it to the mat. Hughes world class wrestling and power against Almeida's scary BJJ skills and raw strength. And I dont know about you guys but I freakin love watching Clay Guida. That guy is the most amusing character in the game.

Hughes - Almeida - Almeida via Sub
Dos Santos - Nelson - Dos Santos via KO or TKO
Fitch - Alves - gonna go Fitch although Alves is one of my overall fav fighters. he just cant handle the takedowns
Guida - dos Anjos - Dos Anjos via decision
Hazlett - Story - Hazlett via sub

those are my early predictions. notice im not predicting the main event. its just too hard to call because depending the situation either guy can win. and anderson hasnt exactly shown me anything special in the last few fights. that being said chael has a tendency to let his opponents beat on him a little bit in order to get his takedowns and if he lets Silva do that he wont be walking out on his own. hard call.

It seems everyone forgets about Silva fighting Dan Henderson. Henderson laid on him for a round, then Silva submitted him with ease.

Henderson could outwrestle Sonnen with a broken arm in a sling behind his back. Silva will absolutely shit hammer Sonnen.

do you follow the sport through just watching tv shows or do you train in the game? just because Chael was submitted by Babalu, who by the way is a very experienced and respected Jiu Jitsu ace, doesnt mean he cant fight someone else. He has beaten several other BJJ black belts. Just becuase one of them managed to catch him during a mistake doesnt mean he forever sucks against them. By your theary then Anderson should automatically just get his ass beat by anyone with some submissions because his last defeat came via a well telegraphed jumping heel hook to which Silva tapped immediately.
As far as his chances go Chael has proven he is a workhorse and that is something that NO other fighter has given Silva. Everyone gives him too much space, time, and respect. Im not saying who will win but I am saying you cannot judge a fighter by his mistakes or by one bad fight. This game leaves much to chance.
FYI- anderson has never been considered a "serious black belt". he is an acknowledged black belt under Nog but his career has been filled with kickboxing, boxing, and MMA. I am sure he is good but I wouldnt classify him as a serious black belt.

Do you think sonnen would stand a chance against forrest griffin?

Again, I think some people are misunderstanding the reason why Chael is going about the smack talk. He's just good at it and can add humor into it. Some of the stuff he says is so out there that I can't see how anybody can be offended because it is only blatantly obvious he is doing it to pump up the fight and to get under Anderson's skin. I seriously doubt he really dislikes Anderson...lol. This is a mental thing that he is trying to to accomplish. The guy is educated, and can talk well, and he just takes advantage of this. It's brought a lot of tension to the fight, and he has really helped sale it imo. Whther or not he can back it up is another story, and will be interesting to see how he reacts if beaten.

I can understand people not liking him, but there are few people imo, who can talk smack, and get away with it...on a humorous basis. Kind of Muhammed Ali (in a very simplified way).

It seems everyone forgets about Silva fighting Dan Henderson. Henderson laid on him for a round, then Silva submitted him with ease.

Henderson could outwrestle Sonnen with a broken arm in a sling behind his back. Silva will absolutely shit hammer Sonnen.

IMO, Anderson lost the first round, and Anderson had nothing for him once there, so IMO, I think Dan WAS successful. The second round, Anderson took advantage of Dan trying to stand-up with him on the feet. Dan lost the fight himself by changing his game plan from taking Anderson down to the ground vs. trying to beat him on the feet. That, and it was Dan's first fight back at 185-lbs, and he looked gassed. Chael will not gas out like that imo.

Anderson has a very long reach, both arms and legs, which make him dangerous because he can just pick his shots from outside, plus he is very tall compared to most other fighters. They have to get in close and avoid getting pummeled in the process, and also avoid his clinch as well. If Sonnen can get close enough to take him down, then he needs to obviously watch out for the triangle.

the undercard tonight is damn near better than the main imo. how do you not get pumped up for Fitch-Alves!!! And although he is a fat beast I am excited to see Junior against Roy Nelson. Hughes Almeida has potential to be a great fight if they really take it to the mat. Hughes world class wrestling and power against Almeida's scary BJJ skills and raw strength. And I dont know about you guys but I freakin love watching Clay Guida. That guy is the most amusing character in the game.

Hughes - Almeida - Almeida via Sub
Dos Santos - Nelson - Dos Santos via KO or TKO
Fitch - Alves - gonna go Fitch although Alves is one of my overall fav fighters. he just cant handle the takedowns
Guida - dos Anjos - Dos Anjos via decision
Hazlett - Story - Hazlett via sub

those are my early predictions. notice im not predicting the main event. its just too hard to call because depending the situation either guy can win. and anderson hasnt exactly shown me anything special in the last few fights. that being said chael has a tendency to let his opponents beat on him a little bit in order to get his takedowns and if he lets Silva do that he wont be walking out on his own. hard call.

The Johnny Hendricks fight should be good too.

I agree this is a sick-ass card!

GREAT POST!

any given day, any given mistake, any taken opportunity. Sonnen has a good a chance as anyone whos' been in there yet.

I'm all for Silva.Hope he punishes Sonnen from the beggining then ridicules and beats him so bad he will retire from MMA and join proffesional wrestling.Sonnen is a troll and overhyped,definitely WWE material.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member