over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UNEXPECTED INSPIRATION?

method2madness

Registered
I've always been curious about who inspires bodybuilders and people who actively pursue muscle building and health. I know it's not always a person that inspires others, but for those of you who were were inspired by an individual I'm curious who it was/is. Mine is Bill Pearl. What about you guys?

Peace
:cool:

Saw this picture. Was 140 lbs as a senior in high school. Joined a gym the next day

Attachments

• 1405385744808.jpg
    1405385744808.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 331
I was always impressed with muscular people, I grew up playing video games and watching pro wrestling, and whoever was the biggest and freakiest was my favorite, from day one.

This isn't directly related to what your post is about, but when it comes to motivation, it's somewhat relevant.

**broken link removed**

While watching Commando when Arnold is rowing in his raft.......I knew that's what I wanted to look like. I must have been 8 years old. Plus I think back in those days all the action movie heroes were muscular so that had something to so with it as well.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

Last edited:
Van damn! I always wanted to look like him when I was a kid.that's how I started working out.

After Bill Pearl, it was Stallone and Lundgren in Rocky IV. (I MUST BREAK YOU:headbang:)

I met Bill Pearl back in the 80's . He was the kind of guy you just start talking to and he makes you feel like you're old friends. Great sense of humor too. Interesting experience for me....

I used to be inspired by the really ripped fitness models.....until i got into bodybuilding

The Conan movies were the first time I remember being awed by extreme muscle - although my dad was always muscular when I was a kid but he didn't workout.

I was always impressed with muscular people, I grew up playing video games and watching pro wrestling, and whoever was the biggest and freakiest was my favorite, from day one.

This isn't directly related to what your post is about, but when it comes to motivation, it's somewhat relevant.

**broken link removed**

Yep, Ultimate Warrior was a bad ass.

Arnold in Conan the Barbarian. Since I couldn't carry a sword around I decided I'd better get big if I wanted to be a badass like that.

I think my primary inspiration was this chubby little weakling I saw one day staring back at me from my bathroom mirror.

Im inspired by Randy Tiner... Google him.... now THAT is inspiring!

Without a doubt it is Queefer.

After that Dorian Yates.

The first thing that changed me was when a little girl looked at me and said, "Look at that fat kid" when I was at a waterpark when i was younger.

That inspired me to get in shape and I lost a lot weight.

Next, was my father....not in the sense you would think... Multiple times, he said to me, "You are never going to be anything. You'll never be any good, you are a failure." The set me off to where I am now...

The insiration for bodybuilding came from meeting Jay Cutler. It neve crossed my mind until her said to me I can be something if I wanted to... At 17 I entered my first show and won...

Why did fathers back years ago put down their own children?? Nowadays the parent is usually the child's best friend!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Next, was my father....not in the sense you would think... Multiple times, he said to me, "You are never going to be anything. You'll never be any good, you are a failure." The set me off to where I am now...

That's garbage brother! I can't believe that there are fathers out there like that. My father was the complete opposite. He was extremely encouraging to both me and my sister. My parents were both athletes, mom held a few track and field record in Virginia high school and dad was a professional golfer, played at the U! I was small my whole life, but they encouraged me to be my best and never settle for anything less than what I wanted. Them encouraging me got me past the "you'll never make it" from the older kids as I was growing up. I was always being told I was too small, slow, not strong enough etc from them. Despite this, I had some others that were encouraging to me also. I was able to play professional baseball, while the kids who ragged me and said I'd never make anything never played college ball, and the ones that did, rode the bench.

My parents never encouraged me or my sister. Neither were very athletic either. I can't say they were bad parents though either b

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311