over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do I need to improve? Help me out PM

Captain Caveman

Newbies
Well I'm done for the year as I placed second in both my show's (Michigan Novice and Kalamazoo Championships and I was in the LightHeavies for both of them.) I had a brief talk, and I mean a few seconds brief cause the judges didn't seem to want to stay any longer, and the only comments I got was that I was symmetrical and that all I needed as to add more size and come in leaner. No offense to the judges but I could've thought of that as well, so I'm asking for your help PM...judges, pro's, anyone whom thinks they can help me out. I like this board because you guy's helped me understand that condition is what win's the little show's and I was the smallest guy there, but unfortunately lost both show's to guy's bigger than me but they truely did deserve to win so I'm not a sore loser about that. This was my second and third show ever, so improvements from last year were huge and again I want to thank this board with the load of information that is on it, but I hope you understand that second place still isn't good enough for me, so help me win a 1st place trophry next time.
PS: if any naturals are still out there, Big A's competition diet does work for us, but I had to extend it for 12 weeks, ramp up the cardio to twice a day, and could barely have any cheat meals (I believe I had 3 total in those 12 weeks) to see significant results.
Let me know what you guy's think and no sugar coating please:D . Thanks in advance and I apologize if the Pics are crappy, it's the best I can do.

Cave

Attachments

• NoviceA&T.JPG
    NoviceA&T.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 753
  • NoviceFDB.JPG
    NoviceFDB.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 581
  • NoviceMM.JPG
    NoviceMM.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 507
  • NoviceRDB.JPG
    NoviceRDB.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 434
  • NoviceRL.JPG
    NoviceRL.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 443
Some more

Attachments

• NoviceSC.JPG
    NoviceSC.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 383
  • NoviceST.JPG
    NoviceST.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 376
  • KazooA&T.JPG
    KazooA&T.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 355
  • KazooFLS.JPG
    KazooFLS.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 335
  • KazooMM.JPG
    KazooMM.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 358
Last Few

Attachments

• KazooRDB.JPG
    KazooRDB.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 320
  • KazooRL.JPG
    KazooRL.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 282
Awards, sorry they are blurry

Attachments

• NoviceAwards1.JPG
    NoviceAwards1.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 294
  • KazooAwards1.JPG
    KazooAwards1.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 263
It's hard to tell from those pics. Calves look weak?

You are holding a ton of water in the first show, that is why you were sweating so much too.

You looked flat in the second show.

It's very hard to get leaner naturally, but of course doable. But you risk loosing a ton of muscle, and you need more muscle as it is to advance further.

Big A said:
It's hard to tell from those pics. Calves look weak?

You are holding a ton of water in the first show, that is why you were sweating so much too.

You looked flat in the second show.

It's very hard to get leaner naturally, but of course doable. But you risk loosing a ton of muscle, and you need more muscle as it is to advance further.

Yeah I was told that I was hold a lot of water in the first show, so I changed it up for the second and noticed the results of little sweating. As far as more muscle I am working on it, but have been contemplating on starting a cycle, but I fear that I am too young and still have a long way's to go before I do it. Anyone else want to add anything else. I do apologize for the pic's but they are all I've got at the moment, and I want to thank Big A on a great "getting ready for a competition" thread.

I agree with the judges. It's hard to tell from your pics, but it's obvious that you need to put more size on. I know that you said you could of thought of that as well yourself when you asked the judges. Sometimes people want detailed explanations on all their flaws. The judges just gave you what they thought you need to improve on the most so you could improve your placing at future shows.

I agree with the judges. It's hard to tell from your pics, but it's obvious that you need to put more size on. I know that you said you could of thought of that as well yourself when you asked the judges. Sometimes people want detailed explanations on all their flaws. The judges just gave you what they thought you need to improve on the most so you could improve your placing at future shows.

Thanks, I'm working hard to get the size so hopefully it will be a different story next year. Bigger and leaner here I come:D

Agreeing with the others added size is needed, do you honestly think you can make a signifigant difference in just one year ?

The judges tend to have good memories and often can remember a competitor who has taken 2 or more years off as well as the "trophy collectors" who are on stage annually. The competitor who displays a "jaw dropping" improvement tends to be very well treated by the judges.

We all enjoy competing but sometimes you have to do your homework and doing yours may take longer than others, but ultimately you will be well rewarded for the extra effort you made. I've been there so believe me.

Good luck! Worldspan

Agreeing with the others added size is needed, do you honestly think you can make a signifigant difference in just one year ?

The judges tend to have good memories and often can remember a competitor who has taken 2 or more years off as well as the "trophy collectors" who are on stage annually. The competitor who displays a "jaw dropping" improvement tends to be very well treated by the judges.

We all enjoy competing but sometimes you have to do your homework and doing yours may take longer than others, but ultimately you will be well rewarded for the extra effort you made. I've been there so believe me.

Good luck! Worldspan

I don't plan on doing another show for at least another year. I also know how judging goes as far as rewarding for fast improvements. The Kalamazoo show I got last place last year and committed myself to not do the same mistake twice and conditioned myself harder this year. Truthfully I don't think I deserved 2nd place, as I felt that there was a few more good guy's on stage. The one comment I got a lot though was the huge improvement from last year to this year, so I want to try and pack on the size and come in more conditioned as see how far that will take me. I know it won't all come at once and it's a long road but I am committed to push myself and see what comes of it. I do this sport cause of the challenge, nothing else.

Hey Bro,
Thought I would add my 2 cents worth.......I hate to reiterate, but as the other Judges have said you need "Size Size and more Size" and you can do it. I would say you would need 2 years off from competing to accomplish that...what is the rush? You still look young and have many years ahead of you......

To help know what to train hard, the first thing I saw was VERy weak lats.....you need to bring those up til they are wings. Will change your over all look. Next glance at your pics, my mind saw that you must really work those legs (quads,etc). You must have much more mass esp in those quads.....

Hope this helps.....you look good and should be able to do alot in the future with shows!

Mike

Hey Bro,
Thought I would add my 2 cents worth.......I hate to reiterate, but as the other Judges have said you need "Size Size and more Size" and you can do it. I would say you would need 2 years off from competing to accomplish that...what is the rush? You still look young and have many years ahead of you......

To help know what to train hard, the first thing I saw was VERy weak lats.....you need to bring those up til they are wings. Will change your over all look. Next glance at your pics, my mind saw that you must really work those legs (quads,etc). You must have much more mass esp in those quads.....

Hope this helps.....you look good and should be able to do alot in the future with shows!

Mike

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I know I have weakness I just needed to know what to train to bring up aside from just gaining mass. I am in no rush to get big but feel that each year the bar is set higher at show's and to stay ahead of the game I'm going to have to not just train harder, but smarter as well. I shouldn't have stated that I was going to compete next year, but I want compete when I'm good and ready. Did a lot of thinking and figured out a game plan, so it's just following through and seeing how the results turn out.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131