over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When do you even lift bro?

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Check in! Do you lift early before work? If you do, do you eat prior or some magical cocktail intra workout?

If your an afternoon/evening lifter, does it affect sleep? Do you deal with a crowded gym?

What was the deciding factor?

Just wanting to see what y’all doing?

I’ll go first……I’m torn. I love AM lifting, but I got away from it. As a healthcare worker, from 7:30-1pm is god damn ridiculous on the floor. Every day. So it sucks to have a leg day and sometimes miss calories in the AM, then to try to play catch-up from 1pm till 8pm.

On the other hand, emotionally and mentally….I’m fried after work. I don’t want to see humans. I don’t want to talk to humans, I want my lazy boy and some music. So the packed gym just sucks. But right now I’m afternoon lifting, but thinking about changing it up

I Am lucky enough to do my workouts first thing in the morning taking only 1 scoop of humapro 30 minutes before. No breakfast sometimes coffee with stevia if it is my day off. Love training fasted.

I prefer training right after waking on an empty stomach with some eaa’s and carbs intra. Due to my current schedule however, I train at 515 am after getting off work

I train at 6:45 am basically fasted. I wake up at 5 drink a couple cups of coffee and then take an eaa, carbs, glutamine and creatine shake with a shot of l-carnitine/choline.

Depends. I like going as soon as I wake up to avoid people then eat right after training most times but recently I have been going after work to a new 24/7 gym that is so big that’s it is rare to have to wait for any equipment and the crowd doesn’t matter…also the hottie ratio is significantly increased after work….today though I really wish I went this morning , they are having rich gaspari visit today and I’m sure it’s going to be a shit show and ungodly crowded

Wake up 530 AM (no alarm needed). 2 cups of coffee and start driving to the gym by 630 AM. Drink a pre-workout mix containing 50 grams whey protein isolate, citrulline, arginine plus a cheap preworkout I get on Amazon through dirtcheapsupps My actual workout begins around 7 am. Home by 845 am for a standard breakfast.

I train at 8am generally
wake at 6ish , get my shit together (shakes , feed animals , get kid moving) , mix intra workout shake , take a caffeine tablet and head to the gym.
I have a shake as I'm leaving the gym (Whey isolate and Coco krispies)

4:30AM chicken and rice, then an hour of cardio on my stationary bike while watching squawk box on CNBC, shower, eat second meal, eggs and ground beef with cream of wheat (or similar) drop the girls off at school on my way to the gym, finish up there, have my post-workout meals. Arrive home and take care of business matters until 3PM so I can be there when the girls get home.

My wife says I do more before 10 AM than your average joe does in a day. I don't know if that's true but I'm up early every day. Also many of you folks' wives workout too. My wife is NOT into it. She stays up late, eats junk food, sleeps in until she has barely enough time to get ready for work. We both think the other one is nuts.

p.s. I think she'll eventually start improving her health but she's younger than I am and she can do all that and still have a nice figure. That won't fly 10 years from now.

Wake up

Immediately take preworkout

Pin trt or hcg depending on which day it is

Lift

Cook and eat steak

Go on 2-3 mile walk with weighted vest

Shower and go to work

I go after work and I’m home pretty late afterwards unfortunately, after that, I’m wrecked. I sleep like a baby. I drink a coffee as pre workout instead of pre workouts.

I’d prefer to train in the early afternoon.

Workout Day 1: Saturday ~9am
Workout Day 2: Sunday during the day at any given time but always before like 4pm or so
Workout Day 3: Tuesday or Wed between 9am and 4pm when I can find time between calls/meetings

Bonus Workout Day 4: Wed or Thursday for arms if I can get it in during the day

I usually only get in three days a week so that's how it normally goes

Lift first thing AM with pre workout or coffee. Hard to get it done otherwise as I like spending time with my kids in the PM and I tend to work long hours (plus decent travel). Basically if I'm home my lift is in jeopardy if I don't do it first thing.

I always train after work because I’m just not a morning lifter. I’ve done it in the past but I just don’t have the energy to do it. I wish I could but it’s not in the cards for me.

I have worked all the shifts out there. Back when i would be at the gym by 4-4:30 AM. I would take a protein drink as soon as i got up. Squatting with a stomach full of oatmeal proved to not be a good option. If you want something then you make it work.

Wake up, chill for 30 mins while i sip pre-WO.
Lift while drinking a nice intra.

Prefer that to getting any meals in beforehand.
I want to feel slightly deflated working out and then feel like a sponge the rest of the day lol

730am wake up and drink whey
9 or 930am head to gym (usually sip dextrose during workout)
1030am back home, eat some meat and carbs
Noon arrive at work
430pm go to the grocery store and get some deli meat, a piece of fruit, maybe some rice cakes or candy
8pm back home for dinner
1030 or 11pm, pre bed protein snack

3-4am for years now. Coffee, maybe some creatine/citrulline depending on the time of year. Winter I usually just rely on a shit ton of clean calories as I’ve never seen all that much from supps. 1/2 gal water + some salt. Pin 10mg-20mg test, the rest of the pin filled w carnitine.

Inta is a tbspn or two (legs) of beet root, salt and 20g collagen.

Nearly 20 years in now w some serious time under the bar and I’m still as excited to get it in as I was back when I first got serious. Looking back, you can have the comps and all the other non sense. Give me a fairly decent equipped gym at 4am w no one else in it….

Mid afternoon for me… I can’t do morning weight workouts whatsoever! I feel so weak and unmotivated in the morning…

Cage

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311