advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you know when you've done enough in your workout? When to call it quits? "Loss of strength"

Agree. I can do the same reps for every body part but chest. If I hit 12 reps with the 130s no matter how long I wait the next set I may get 6 or 7. Flye exercises I can do the same amount of reps. Idk weird shit with presses.

When I diet, the chest press is where I have to reduce more the weights, and the same thing happens with the recovery from one set to another. With 2.5 minute breaks, If I start with a weight and 10 reps, the second set will be 7-8 and the third set will be 5-6.

Paul Carter of T Nation fame is well worth a follow regarding this type of topic. Liftrunbang1 is his IG he debunks a lot of hyped methods and backs everything up well.
Well worth a looksee.
I used to be a fan not so much anymore. He seems to be turning into mentzer with going lower on his volume and reps per set by the week. Soon he will be at 1 set per week max anything else is too much. He also advocates things like low reps 5-8 low volume for side delts. Him and borge seem all in on anything posted by Chris Beardsley and the "effective reps" are all that matters period in terms of muscle growth and anyone who diaagees is a moron who's workouts are just a waste of time.

I used to be a fan not so much anymore. He seems to be turning into mentzer with going lower on his volume and reps per set by the week. Soon he will be at 1 set per week max anything else is too much. He also advocates things like low reps 5-8 low volume for side delts. Him and borge seem all in on anything posted by Chris Beardsley and the "effective reps" are all that matters period in terms of muscle growth and anyone who diaagees is a moron who's workouts are just a waste of time.
I used to watch him too, but he started to be arrogant - "he's the only one who's right", unfortunately it's not visible in his muscles or his clients

Yeah I hear you guys. He’s definitely got a bee in his bonnet. I think much of these approaches and methodology’s are very person dependent just the same as gear etc.
One has to take into consideration trainee development, size, experience etc.

Paul Carter of T Nation fame is well worth a follow regarding this type of topic. Liftrunbang1 is his IG he debunks a lot of hyped methods and backs everything up well.
Well worth a looksee.

We've talked about him a lot here. I wonder why he decided on his posting style, totally obnoxius antisocial. In his IG he is an example of how to make yourself very unlikeable.

He "backs up" his assertions but a couple days later he asserts the totally opposite thing. And if you ask him about the change you are immediately banned, "I never said that!"

And his narcissism, oh god, sometimes subtle, sometimes extra overt. Lol

We've talked about him a lot here. I wonder why he decided on his posting style, totally obnoxius antisocial. In his IG he is an example of how to make yourself very unlikeable.

He "backs up" his assertions but a couple days later he asserts the totally opposite thing. And if you ask him about the change you are immediately banned, "I never said that!"

Chris Beardsley is the same. I don't know when he became the end all be all authority on hypertrophy.

Follow a structured plan. That way you can complete it days you feel like shit and you also don’t go overboard and fuck the rest of the week up on days you feel good

I call it quits when I’m done doing & logging my planned workout.

I just looked up the liftrunbang guy. Seems like an average gym bro. Good pysique for a natty. Dunno if he claims to be though. One of his posts says, "want steroid like results?" I was going to comment that he didn't have steroid like results. Lol

I just looked up the liftrunbang guy. Seems like an average gym bro. Good pysique for a natty. Dunno if he claims to be though. One of his posts says, "want steroid like results?" I was going to comment that he didn't have steroid like results. Lol
I think his views have changed over the years he used to be more into volume I think he was big on poundstone curls you can find Old articles by him on Google. But seems recently him and borge fergeli have gone extreme on the low volume...they also repost anything by Chris Beardsley. Not too familiar with him I know he's a science guy like Krieger, helms, etc. Not sure if he actually trains people or how he is viewed overall as a credible source. Alot of these studies on volume failure vs non failure are on old ladies or people who don't lift. I'm more interested in what meadows, Milos, Justin Harris advocate then helms Beardsley Krieger and ...menno lol.

I wonder why he decided on his posting style, totally obnoxius antisocial. In his IG he is an example of how to make yourself very unlikeable.

I think it's called just being an obnoxious tit and him being himself online.

Agreed. Seems to trip himself up or contradict himself somewhat.
He has some meaningful content which is good for consideration however, just seems to lose himself in awkward debates on the details.

For me it’s warmup whatever feels right/working up to a top set/then backoff if I feel I need it with a lighter load and pump the muscle full of blood/job done!

Isolation work can vary immensely for me with all sorts of rep ranges and load. Currently going by feels and plodding along nicely.

man i really try to push myself when i really get into my workouts. i try to go till my last few reps are making me sweat just from that.. it doesnt have to be a full rep either.. but im pushing to struggle on my last few reps.

Chris Beardsley is good to listen to, he can really break down the training volume studies and explain the what/why of the results.

And the stretch mediated hypertrophy is fascinating. Dante was right all along. SOOO many years ago lol

Chris Beardsley is good to listen to, he can really break down the training volume studies and explain the what/why of the results.

And the stretch mediated hypertrophy is fascinating. Dante was right all along. SOOO many years ago lol
DC RULES! That method took me from PL to BB and loved it. Got my ass handed to me with widow maker squats though 🤯 killer method but 100% works!

I did this today for arms, johns 200 rep bicep and did his 200 rep tricep right after.

4 exercises each, 2 sets, 25 reps to failure
16 total high rep sets 400 total reps

I felt like this amount of training hit me just right for a high volume workout. Not too much, not too little, amazing pump but didn't go so long I lost it.

Can never go wrong with anything by John, RIP

I did this today for arms, johns 200 rep bicep and did his 200 rep tricep right after.

4 exercises each, 2 sets, 25 reps to failure
16 total high rep sets 400 total reps

I felt like this amount of training hit me just right for a high volume workout. Not too much, not too little, amazing pump but didn't go so long I lost it.

Can never go wrong with anything by John, RIP

I used to watch him too, but he started to be arrogant - "he's the only one who's right", unfortunately it's not visible in his muscles or his clients
This guy needs to hire a P.R. firm.. if he is just that arrogant and condescending naturally he needs to stay of ig etc.. every question is met with essentially " how stupid are you"?.. and " here we go again.. " which leads to him complaining about his followers being stupid or having bad reading comprehension. . If this bother him so much stop posting.. makes no sense

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws