advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you know when you've done enough in your workout? When to call it quits? "Loss of strength"

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
This seems like a rather obvious thing but I don't recall people ever talking about it

An easy way to judge when you've done enough volume for your workout is just quitting the moment you don't get as many reps as the last set

.... quitting the moment you don't get as many reps as the last set

That makes no fucking sense. So your telling me if for example you cable row 180 for 12. Next set you get 14 reps. Then the next set you get 8 reps it's over and you should "quit"?

If youre using the same weight each set your going to drop the reps... I don't understand your logic

This seems like a rather obvious thing but I don't recall people ever talking about it

An easy way to judge when you've done enough volume for your workout is just quitting the moment you don't get as many reps as the last set
Probably not the best way

But

I’ve found if I add extra volume in or intensifiers and by the day the next time to hit that muscle group again rolls round (I train everything twice a week) I’m not recovered then I know I need to pull back

So far only happened with legs for myself but a good indicator I did to
Much

That makes no fucking sense. So your telling me if for example you cable row 180 for 12. Next set you get 14 reps. Then the next set you get 8 reps it's over and you should "quit"?

If youre using the same weight each set your going to drop the reps... I don't understand your logic
I sometimes do straight sets with the same weight and I get the same amount of reps each set. The guy thst showed me that 20 some years ago did the same thing. So it is possible.

How do you not know if you've been training 5-10-15 years already? A sure way to know is if I keep making progress then I'm not doing too much or too little.

Exactly what Im thinking.

Look, if you quit on your workout, you're a quitter. Im not done until I finish whats on my plan. For guys who go in and workout intuitively I guess you need to worry about these things but Im not in that boat.

I sometimes do straight sets with the same weight and I get the same amount of reps each set. The guy thst showed me that 20 some years ago did the same thing. So it is possible.

I would argue you did not take your first set to failure.

The only real situation I can see this happening is a long rest in between sets. At the same time I can see some peoples bodies being conditioned for this and maybe you're one of them so don't take my first sentence personally but based on my personal experience that would be my assumption.

I would argue you did not take your first set to failure.

The only real situation I can see this happening is a long rest in between sets. At the same time I can see some peoples bodies being conditioned for this and maybe you're one of them so don't take my first sentence personally but based on my personal experience that would be my assumption.
Yes you have to take adequate rest between sets to recover. That’s how it works.

Reminds me of German Volume Training (GVT).

MS

If I’m really struggling to feel the target muscle (assuming I’m properly hydrated), that’s a sign for me.
When you cannot safely perform your exercises any longer due to muscle fatigue. Anything past this point you are significantly increasing you risk:benefit ratio in direction of risk.

^^^^ 👍🏿

For legs there is only one answer… when you can’t walk. 🤣

For others I think it was said best above- when you can no longer engage the muscle through mind/muscle connection. If you’ve lost the pump and can’t engage the muscle in a stabilized manner any longer it’s time to get the hell out of the gym. Lol

Reminds me of German Volume Training (GVT).

MS
Ya that’s one name for it. Mind you I don’t train this way everyday but I do it often enough I know it’s possible and it does work. When I was training with the pro strongmen/powerlifters they did this a lot. It was a good way to break through plateaus.

No you understood it just fine

No you understood it

Probably not the best way

But

I’ve found if I add extra volume in or intensifiers and by the day the next time to hit that muscle group again rolls round (I train everything twice a week) I’m not recovered then I know I need to pull back

So far only happened with legs for myself but a good indicator I did to
Much

^^^ this right here

when I first started lifting I took every set to as close to failure as I could, and I would do 3-5 exercises per body part, 3-4 sets per exercise

And I would recover grow and get stronger workout to workout

But since then I have found it difficult to find the right amount of volume/intensity to keep gains consistent. It is very very easy for me to overtrain. If I do even two sets to true failure, I am weaker my next workout.

For guys that still make progress just going in and doing a pre-written workout, or doing tons of sets to failure, or going until their muscles just can't lift anymore.. like, drop sets till 10lbs feels heavy lol... Great

But I know there are a lot of guys like me who struggle with not being able to recover and grow and get stronger due to overtraining...

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws