advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When getting a blood test done what should I test for?

The Jackal

Registered
LH?
FSH?
Androgen Receptors?
Free test?
Total Test?
Estrogen?
Cortisol?
Sperm Count?

And what are the normal ranges that the test should show so I know what I need to work on and get better/ improve...

I usually get the Male Deluxe Checkup.
In your case I would get that as well as a cortisol serum test since you were on the Prednisone for a while.
The results that they email you will have the normal range printed on them.

I usually get the Male Deluxe Checkup.
In your case I would get that as well as a cortisol serum test since you were on the Prednisone for a while.
The results that they email you will have the normal range printed on them.

Thanks bro! Is that an option at labcorp or quest? Online or at the center?

Sperm count is done with sperm sample not Blood & I there is no such thing as Androgen receptors testing.

CMP
CBC
Glucose
Lipid panel
PSA
Testosterone total & free
Estradiol

Reference ranges very between labs

Last edited:
Nvm I found a test

If you get the menopause 2012 test (yes, its a female test and it breaks the > 1500 test barrier), it just shows the 6 things to test for:

Estradiol, Serum
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Testosterone, Serum
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile

Also, you can google and sometimes find discount codes for the tests.

If you get the menopause 2012 test (yes, its a female test and it breaks the > 1500 test barrier), it just shows the 6 things to test for:

Estradiol, Serum
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Testosterone, Serum
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile

Also, you can google and sometimes find discount codes for the tests.

Thanks bro! :headbang:

Dont forget Thyroid.

-TSH
-Free T3
-Free T4

How much is all that?

about $275 + not cheap....

I didn't think you would care about having your test levels checked since you are currently off and are going to jump back on in the near future.
If I were in your shoes, I would want to know what was going on with my adrenals.... thryroid and cortisol. I have an odd feeling that the prednisone might have F'd you up a little bit. The adrenals are really fragile IME, I have had issues with them before and had to take medication to lower my cortisol levels.

I didn't think you would care about having your test levels checked since you are currently off and are going to jump back on in the near future.
If I were in your shoes, I would want to know what was going on with my adrenals.... thryroid and cortisol. I have an odd feeling that the prednisone might have F'd you up a little bit. The adrenals are really fragile IME, I have had issues with them before and had to take medication to lower my cortisol levels.

True it does make sense. What meds did you have to take for your cortisol issues?

My cortisol was through the roof. My doctor was blown away.
I was so jacked on cortisol that I couldn't sleep for four days straight. I lied there staring at my ceiling for 3 nights, freaking out because I was so exhausted but couldn't get to sleep. I popped a bunch of benzos, sleeping pills, and tranquilizers and got maybe 1 hour of sleep in those four days.
My cortisol was so jacked that I started having hallucinations and strange bouts of euphoria. Seriously was the weirdest experience of my life.

I ended up getting put on Remeron. It is normally prescribed as an anti depressant, but it has a dramatic effect on reducing cortisol as well. It was a godsend, I slept a full 10 hours the night I took it.
I still have them on hand and use them when I can't sleep.

My cortisol was through the roof. My doctor was blown away.
I was so jacked on cortisol that I couldn't sleep for four days straight. I lied there staring at my ceiling for 3 nights, freaking out because I was so exhausted but couldn't get to sleep. I popped a bunch of benzos, sleeping pills, and tranquilizers and got maybe 1 hour of sleep in those four days.
My cortisol was so jacked that I started having hallucinations and strange bouts of euphoria. Seriously was the weirdest experience of my life.

I ended up getting put on Remeron. It is normally prescribed as an anti depressant, but it has a dramatic effect on reducing cortisol as well. It was a godsend, I slept a full 10 hours the night I took it.
I still have them on hand and use them when I can't sleep.

Hmmmm weird bc that's been going on now this past week i've been on 20mg of nolva a day and been so tired and having the weirdest dreams. I go to sleep for 1-2 hrs then stay up for 1-3hrs then back to sleep for 1-2 hrs throughout the whole day. I'm happy I have my own business bc if I had a regular job I would have been fired. But when I'm sleeping. I'm sleeping hard and my gf couldnt even wake me up and I'm usually a light sleeper and when I wake up i'm super hungry... I have to eat right away

Last edited:
I take humanofort regularly.
I don't think it was enough to address the level of stress I was putting my adrenals through.
I am also self employed, and I got into a period of working 18-20 hour days 7 days a week while still training EOD with cardio on off days. I ran myself into the ground mentally and physically.
I learned my lesson from that, my body and mind definitely have a breaking point.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear