over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working out with already physically hard job

Bull_Nuts

Registered
Sup guys,

Started a job at PepsiCo as a Warehouse shift foreman. Basically, we load thousands and thousands of cases of soda in shifts that typically last 12-14 hours Monday through Friday, off Saturday and Sunday.

Granted the work is sub-maximal but it is constant and full range and by the end of the day I can barely walk, lift, or do pretty much anything. I love this, I am sore EVERY morning like I had the best workout ever the day before.

I work out fri pm, sat pm, sun pm doing chest/tris, legs/shoulders, back/bis respectively. I also hurt like hell from this. All of these sets are started with warmups of 10-20 reps with 3-5 sets of 8 to a weight heavy enough to fail(5 if its a primary movement, 3 if its a accessory muscle group).

My concerns are such...

I am afraid of not getting my muscles enough rest....(It is hard to gauge at this time because Im still adjusting from a lax job to super physical) I sleep 8 hours every day

Is the constant soreness from day to day a good or bad sign?

Since my job is sub-maximal, constant and multiple, low weight repititions, would my training be best for low reps with high weight as possible(as much contrary to my work as possible id assume)?

This is what Im thinking...any imput would be great.

A few stats
prior to this job I had a desk job, tweaked my knee and took training light for 6 months
been here 6 weeks now
currently on 1grm Test E, 1grm Deca each week with Mast P 50 EOD
have done dozens of cycles, current bf around 15% and weigh 223
Break is every 2 hours so I eat some kind of protein at that time, additionally eat breakfast, lunch and dinner...somewhere between 4000-5000 calories.

Thanks
BN

Last edited:
Been through it. Really sucks...

I'd honestly try to get another job, if possible.

Do a very intense workout once a week on your day off. Choose muscles that are lagging there...

Then do two more brief workouts through the rest of the week. 30-45 minutes. 10-15 reps and don't go to failure.

Good luck.

Been through it. Really sucks...

I'd honestly try to get another job, if possible.

Do a very intense workout once a week on your day off. Choose muscles that are lagging there...

Then do two more brief workouts through the rest of the week. 30-45 minutes. 10-15 reps and don't go to failure.

Good luck.

Hrmmm....

You really think low volume, with near max each group would overstimulate? Maybe mountain dog with just warmups and 1 set to failure per group?

Cant change jobs...I feel like the calorie burning is helping...rather suspect/hope

Best advice now is: listen to your body...

When I was doing manual labor, I just couldn't do a real workout on working days. I only had one real workout per week. The other days I'd go to the gym and do some stretching and core work.

Ur body will soon adapt to the job and u will be able to workout like normal before long. Going from a desk job to a manual labor job is a pretty big shock to ur muscles and body

U will get used to it...I used to work on a building site from.7 am till 5.30...managed to then do boxing from.7-9 4 days a week...tiring but u can do it

lol. worked for pepsi co for a bit, in summer time in az. Some of you guys have not a clue how demanding this job is. BN just wait till you get the hand cramps/arm cramps while your driving home.

just remember to squeeze lats, delts, bis, with every case picked. Oh an BN each case picked on the 12pks is 2 packs.

Low volume
high intensity
3 days a week

You'll blow up and be recovered.
if you need help making a stellar routine, let us know

I found doing a few heavy sets A.M. before work 4:30am then complete my workout p.m. 4:30 p.m. worked nicely.
Juice free I stayed at 235lbs @ 5% all summer.
Bulking could only happen off season as you burn way to many cals at work.
Still I was at my best and it showed year round.

I worked in a food warehouse for 15 years and i can tell you there is a hell of a lot difference when you work a very physical job!
For the last 5 years i have went to work in a office ,pretty much 10-pounds is as much as i need to lift and even then the 10 pounds i lift might only be for a few minutes every week or two.
My recovery as well as my strength levels have increased 10 fold!

Working for Pepsi,UPS,food warehouses picking orders constantly, sucks and at 45 i don't know if i could keep up with my workouts if i still had a job that requires demanding work !

Some people never adapt, actually...

I woke up every single night with numb forearms for 5 years before I quit a job similar to that. Didn't have energy to do anything. Barely had sex with the wife (now ex) once a week... Still have unresolved back problems from the strenuous work.

Hell on Earth...

Some people never adapt, actually...

I woke up every single night with numb forearms for 5 years before I quit a job similar to that. Didn't have energy to do anything. Barely had sex with the wife (now ex) once a week... Still have unresolved back problems from the strenuous work.

Hell on Earth...

I agree 100% then the wife bitches that the reason you don't feel like it is your screwing around! Right i just pulled 5-6 12's busting my ass and even though i am so tired i can't workout or have sex with one women,i suddenly get accused of screwing every bitch she see's standing within 100 feet from me:banghead::banghead:
When all i wanted to do with my 4-5 hours was:sl;eping-

Definitely takes a toll on your workouts/body, I use to have a laid back job and workouts were alot more intense then they are now that I do manual labor all day, your body will adjust some but it still isn't the same.

I loaded trucks for Dell and just pulled back and did more days off higher intensity/low volume. Maybe start looking into Gh and other means to increase recovery. I'm at servpro now and having hard time finding time to train or eat.

lol. worked for pepsi co for a bit, in summer time in az. Some of you guys have not a clue how demanding this job is. BN just wait till you get the hand cramps/arm cramps while your driving home.

Hand cramps are less by the day. Twisted the hell out of my ankle yesterday but o well...

and thanks all...I will take this all into consideration!

Hand cramps are less by the day. Twisted the hell out of my ankle yesterday but o well...

and thanks all...I will take this all into consideration!

have you thought about going back to school(college)?

i had a friend in Construction with your same problem.........

do you have a criminal record?

Financial aid in the US is pretty damn good and you can Work a job on top of the pay.........it is what i did. if you Work part time there and then go to school you can probably earn quite a bit MORE Money.

visit the FAFSA website man.........:lightbulb:

Coming from someone that landscaped for many years, you can train but you really need to eat tons of cals and get your sleep. I would lift right after I rehydrated and ate . It's tough but not impossible , tons of guys do it. I know tons of guys that work the fracking and oil manual labor jobs and they still lift when their shift ends. Like I said, eating extra calories and rest will help you

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws