over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

YET ANOTHER STUDY SHOWING SUBQ SAME AS IV

strongrhino

Banned
GOT 10 MORE THAT SAY THE SAME THING SO DICUSSION FINALLY DONE

Insulin-like growth factor-I response is comparable following intravenous and
subcutaneous administration of growth hormone

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Thomas D. Kimbrough M.D.2, a, Stanton Shernan M.Da, Thomas R. Ziegler M.D.a, Marc Scheltinga M.D.a and Douglas W. Wilmore M.D., a

aLaboratory for Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA

Received 20 November 1990. Available online 9 February 2004.

Abstract
Subcutaneous (sq) administration of recombinant human growth hormone (r-hgh) has an anabolic effect and increases systemic insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) in surgical patients. IGF-I is a mediator of growth hormone (gh) anabolic effects. To determine the effect of intravenous (iv) administration of r-hgh on systemic IGF-I, 11 patients were given 14 1-week courses of daily 8-hr infusions of r-hgh (10 mg in 500 ml D5W). Serum gh and IGF-I levels were measured. To compare routes of administration, iv r-hgh patients were matched to comparable sq r-hgh patients and IGF-I responses were examined. Illness severity effect on IGF-I response to r-hgh was assessed by dividing 16 burn patients who received either iv or sq r-hgh into two groups on the basis of severity scores. Analysis of the data showed that IGF-I levels increased significantly after iv r-hgh, IGF-I response to iv r-hgh (1.14 ± 0.18 U/ml to 4.12 ± 0.65 U/ml) was not different from IGF-I response to sq r-hgh (1.04 ± 0.36 U/ml to 4.96 ± 1.09 U/ml). Increasing illness severity attenuated the IGF-I response in the more severely injured group (0.91 ± 17 U/ml to 2.40 ± 0.38 U/ml) relative to the less severely injured group (1.37 ± 0.22 U/ml to 5.53 ± 0.78 U/ml) despite a significant increase in IGF-I after gh in both groups. In summary, IGF-I increased significantly after iv r-hgh and the increases were similar to those seen after sq r-hgh in comparable patients. Increasing severity of illness attenuated the IGF-I response to r-hgh given either iv or sq in burn patients.

Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association for Academic Surgery, Houston, TX, November 14–17, 1990.

Hey Captain excessive, there is already quite a few active threads on this because of you....

Why not post your study there?:confused:

And im pretty sure we have already seen this one but I may be wrong.

Also, why dont you give us your detailed interpretation of this study?

Do you notice it is daily 8 hour IV infusions? This has nothing to do with pinning GH bro, the peaks are where the growth comes from not an 8 hour infusion so this study is entirely irrelevent!!!

But good try!

Last edited:
GOT 10 MORE THAT SAY THE SAME THING SO DICUSSION FINALLY DONE

Nobody, I believe nobody is this stupid. Don't you realize in the other thread you have been participating in that I had ALREADY POSTED this? Aren't you reading my replies/posts???

Further, just what the hell are you doing creating new threads?? Topics need to be kept in check. Debating the same issue in different threads is ridiculous! Off to reply in another one of your duplicate threads.

:delete::delete::delete:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner