over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

hormones and brain chemicals

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently added in some eq like 150 mgs and seem to feel more calm than before.

I meditate regularly , and keep myself calm. This has been very nice as I may be too anxious at times. I remember some stuff throughout the years that certain hormones can effect brain chemicals. Deca seems to calm me down a little more .

Just throwing that out there and this isn't a bad thing because I prefer being calm over being anxious and fast paced.

I recently added in some eq like 150 mgs and seem to feel more calm than before.

I meditate regularly , and keep myself calm. This has been very nice as I may be too anxious at times. I remember some stuff throughout the years that certain hormones can effect brain chemicals. Deca seems to calm me down a little more .

Just throwing that out there and this isn't a bad thing because I prefer being calm over being anxious and fast paced.

Primobolan enanthate gives me a sense of well being.

Androgens can increase GABA activity in the brain. GABA is a calming neurotransmitter that increase relaxation, lowers anxiety, and promotes well-being. This is where the "alpha" confidence from AAS comes from.

Yes but EQ actually depletes GABA which is why a lot of people get anxiety on it. Hard to believe its providing a calming effect.

Yes but EQ actually depletes GABA which is why a lot of people get anxiety on it. Hard to believe its providing a calming effect.

Does Tren do this as well?
Anxiety on Tren is pretty bad at times.

Metandienone seems to make me super confident. Found this:

Increased dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic activities in male rat brain following long-term treatment with anabolic androgenic steroids

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1565900/#!po=0.925926

positive effects on mood, e.g. euphoria, increased energy and self-esteem, have commonly been described.

Last edited:
Metandienone seems to make me super confident. Found this:

Increased dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic activities in male rat brain following long-term treatment with anabolic androgenic steroids

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1565900/#!po=0.925926

positive effects on mood, e.g. euphoria, increased energy and self-esteem, have commonly been described.

First few times I ran tren ace I got that super confidence.

Never got laid more in my life lol. I actually use it for confidence boosting sometimes although 200mg a week MAX.

Tren is weird as hell, it's a potent androgen AND progestin. Some people feel good on it(euphoria/confidence), others feel like shit(mood swings/anxious/irritiable). There are also variables like E2 levels, added testosterone, etc too.

All we know is that all AAS have effects on the brain via dopaminergic/serotonergic/GABAnergic mechanisms. Your individual genetic make up will also likely have an effect, like MAO/COMT enzymes that affect dopamine/adrenaline metabolism, serotonin transporters genes, etc.

You have guys who have a panic attack with a small cup of coffee, others drink a gallon and feel a wave of calm contentment wash over them. Genetics, we're all different.

Really? Can you show me the study? (Not being a dickhead, genuinely curious)

I've seen research on Nandrolone where it can increase GABA in one region but decrease it in another.

Tren is weird as hell, it's a potent androgen AND progestin. Some people feel good on it(euphoria/confidence), others feel like shit(mood swings/anxious/irritiable). There are also variables like E2 levels, added testosterone, etc too.

All we know is that all AAS have effects on the brain via dopaminergic/serotonergic/GABAnergic mechanisms. Your individual genetic make up will also likely have an effect, like MAO/COMT enzymes that affect dopamine/adrenaline metabolism, serotonin transporters genes, etc.

You have guys who have a panic attack with a small cup of coffee, others drink a gallon and feel a wave of calm contentment wash over them. Genetics, we're all different.

I forget which genotype it is but I'm -/- for whatever one causes low serotonin uptake. Maybe that's why I responded so well to tren and prozac.

I forget which genotype it is but I'm -/- for whatever one causes low serotonin uptake. Maybe that's why I responded so well to tren and prozac.
You find that out through testing? I'd be curious for myself.

One thing that is very strange to me is how your body changes and reacts in response to drugs. A couple years back 250mg tren would make me nuts, and Eq would give me anxiety. I always ended up with estrogen or prolactin issues as well...AI or not. I've run both recently without side effects.

I think my feel good drugs are masteron, primo, and provarion.

I see a pattern here!

Last edited:
This is a complex issue hormones may have a relation to how anxious you feel. When hormone levels are too high or too low, this can influence neurotransmitters, resulting in problems such as increased anxiety. People who live with social anxiety disorder (SAD) may find that levels of certain hormones related to feelings of increased or decreased social anxiety.
This really is nit limited to T and E ratio or levels as at different times in our lives, even in our day those levels will fluctuate.
Testosterone, estrogen, Oxytocin, vassopressin these all play a role in ones well being and these are just to name a few.
I would rather not dissect each and everyone of them but my recommendation is to train yourself to behave and react positively despite the fluctuations.Because in the world of PED's/poly-pharmacy its pretty much a roller coaster ride that you need to get a grip on.
As an example a patient who will read the pamphlet on a prescribed drug is likely to experience ALL of them whereas one who does not will usually go on about there life without disruption.

Well said rogue

its probably something like eating more that day . also took like 25 mgs masteron with the shot.

Yeah, serotonin transporter gene has a significant effect on personality and response to lifestyle things like medication response, diet, and exercise. Interesting studies on upbringing and trauma as well.

One thing that is very strange to me is how your body changes and reacts in response to drugs. A couple years back 250mg tren would make me nuts, and Eq would give me anxiety. I always ended up with estrogen or prolactin issues as well...AI or not. I've run both recently without side effects.

I see a pattern here!

You can test these genes out by doing a 23andme test and uploading the raw data file to a site called promethease. You can the cheaper 23andme test for $99 and upload to promethease for $5 USD. They have sales all the time on 23andme for holidays.

Promethease is linked to SNPedia, a wiki type website with database of different genes, really cool site. Genes that affect muscle fiber type (fast/slow twitch)speed/power, alzheimers risk, cancer risk, personality types (empathy/neurotic/etc). Some genes have transient data, others have a powerful effect with tons of data to back it up.

This is a complex issue hormones may have a relation to how anxious you feel. When hormone levels are too high or too low, this can influence neurotransmitters, resulting in problems such as increased anxiety. People who live with social anxiety disorder (SAD) may find that levels of certain hormones related to feelings of increased or decreased social anxiety.
This really is nit limited to T and E ratio or levels as at different times in our lives, even in our day those levels will fluctuate.
Testosterone, estrogen, Oxytocin, vassopressin these all play a role in ones well being and these are just to name a few.
I would rather not dissect each and everyone of them but my recommendation is to train yourself to behave and react positively despite the fluctuations.Because in the world of PED's/poly-pharmacy its pretty much a roller coaster ride that you need to get a grip on.
As an example a patient who will read the pamphlet on a prescribed drug is likely to experience ALL of them whereas one who does not will usually go on about there life without disruption.

Exactly, there's a ton of genes affect transporters, enzymes and receptors that affect out personalities and responses to medications, stressors, etc.

A few examples for the ones you mentioned:

Estrogen: BRCA gene linked to very high risk of breast cancer, possibly prostate as well. It affects tumor formation and dna stability, among other things. Doesn't directly affect or is involved with estrogen.

Testosterone: Linked to the number of CAG repeats in the AR (androgen receptor). Lower CAG repeats ; Stronger effect and response from androgens. Too many repeats ; resistance to androgens including complete resistance at a certain number. This is part of the reason why some guys are just effiminate and others are more masculine, including fetal androgen exposure in the womb which shapes the brain and even the penis.

Oxytocin receptor: This is a really interesting and important one. People who are homozygous for either variant have a lot more empathy or lack thereof. This gene controls how sensitive the oxytocin receptor is to oxytocin.

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs53576
https://selfhacked.com/blog/oxytocin-genes-snps/

Warrior/Worrier gene: This is the COMT enzyme that breaks down adrenaline/dopamine. People with the "warrior" variant are more stoic, resistant to pain and stress. Worriers have higher levels of adrenaline, so they are more fearful/neurotic and sensitive to pain, but they have better baseline cognition thanks to higher dopamine levels. When shit hits the fan, "Warrior" variant has better cognition than "worrier" (under stress). Both are double edged swords. You can also have a hybrid copy and have one of each for mixed effects.

https://selfhacked.com/blog/worrier-warrior-explaining-rs4680comt-v158m-gene/

This is just the tip of the iceberg, you can see how different combinations of these genes can affect personality types, response to drugs/training, stress, etc. There are many more where that came from..

If anyone wants to try it, just get the $99 23andme kit (ancestry only). You just spit in it and mail it back out with the included return box. Once your DNA is processed, you can download the RAW data file and upload it to promethease.com for $5 dollars which will run your DNA data through the SNPedia database and give you all this information and much more.

Last edited:

I see a pattern here!

Yeah, after you get 23andme testing done you can upload to an affiliate site of theirs and it produces a report for you noting these things.

Oxytocin receptor: This is a really interesting and important one. People who are homozygous for either variant have a lot more empathy or lack thereof. This gene controls how sensitive the oxytocin receptor is to oxytocin.

I see more and more oral Oxytocin being sold be research sites. What's with this? Is there any reason this should be popular in the BB community?

Boooom!

So going to do this.

Thx BB

Yeah, serotonin transporter gene has a significant effect on personality and response to lifestyle things like medication response, diet, and exercise. Interesting studies on upbringing and trauma as well.

You can test these genes out by doing a 23andme test and uploading the raw data file to a site called promethease. You can the cheaper 23andme test for $99 and upload to promethease for $5 USD. They have sales all the time on 23andme for holidays.

Promethease is linked to SNPedia, a wiki type website with database of different genes, really cool site. Genes that affect muscle fiber type (fast/slow twitch)speed/power, alzheimers risk, cancer risk, personality types (empathy/neurotic/etc). Some genes have transient data, others have a powerful effect with tons of data to back it up.

Exactly, there's a ton of genes affect transporters, enzymes and receptors that affect out personalities and responses to medications, stressors, etc.

A few examples for the ones you mentioned:

Estrogen: BRCA gene linked to very high risk of breast cancer, possibly prostate as well. It affects tumor formation and dna stability, among other things. Doesn't directly affect or is involved with estrogen.

Testosterone: Linked to the number of CAG repeats in the AR (androgen receptor). Lower CAG repeats ; Stronger effect and response from androgens. Too many repeats ; resistance to androgens including complete resistance at a certain number. This is part of the reason why some guys are just effiminate and others are more masculine, including fetal androgen exposure in the womb which shapes the brain and even the penis.

Warrior/Worrier gene: This is the COMT enzyme that breaks down adrenaline/dopamine. People with the "warrior" variant are more stoic, resistant to pain and stress. Worriers have higher levels of adrenaline, so they are more fearful/neurotic and sensitive to pain, but they have better baseline cognition thanks to higher dopamine levels. When shit hits the fan, "Warrior" variant has better cognition than "worrier" (under stress). Both are double edged swords. You can also have a hybrid copy and have one of each for mixed effects.

https://selfhacked.com/blog/worrier-warrior-explaining-rs4680comt-v158m-gene/

This is just the tip of the iceberg, you can see how different combinations of these genes can affect personality types, response to drugs/training, stress, etc. There are many more where that came from..

If anyone wants to try it, just get the $99 23andme kit (ancestry only). You just spit in it and mail it back out with the included return box. Once your DNA is processed, you can download the RAW data file and upload it to promethease.com for $5 dollars which will run your DNA data through the SNPedia database and give you all this information and much more.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear