over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Freezing Unreconstituted GH - Storage Methods

primomax

Newbies
I read some threads discussing long term storage of peptides in the freezer, and am now worried that this same logic was applied to unreconstituted HGH in error. Is there anything wrong with storing GH in the freezer? Will any of the product have been rendered useless or less effective.

You will definately damage or maybe even destroy the peptide if you freeze it. If you have done this then you probably now have garbage. It specifically says not to freeze. Sorry!

That's pretty horrible news. The reason it was stored this way it is that I specifically remember reading to do this for long term storage, although now after looking at some package inserts online I see what you're saying.

Does everyone else agree with the reply above? I swear I remember reading something that Dat wrote talking about freezing lyophilized powders, but maybe it was just completely misinterpreted.

That's pretty horrible news. The reason it was stored this way it is that I specifically remember reading to do this for long term storage, although now after looking at some package inserts online I see what you're saying.

Does everyone else agree with the reply above? I swear I remember reading something that Dat wrote talking about freezing lyophilized powders, but maybe it was just completely misinterpreted.

Just a quick question: if you've read it in actual gh package inserts then why would you need any reassurance from anyone else here? The package inserts are straight from the companies that produce the gh. No one here is an actual producer of gh. I know it's not very good news but it is what it is.

Just a quick question: if you've read it in actual gh package inserts then why would you need any reassurance from anyone else here? The package inserts are straight from the companies that produce the gh. No one here is an actual producer of gh. I know it's not very good news but it is what it is.

Most of the package inserts specifically say not to store mixed GH in the freezer (that's obvious and I didn't do that), and that it's recommended to store unmixed at room temp. I haven't seen one that specifically states not to freeze or refrigerate unmixed powder. So I guess it wasn't completely 100% clear to not freeze it for very long term storage, so I'm asking around to make sure. I only stumbled upon this being an issue by reading something online about it being bad to freeze raw powders, which caused me to start looking at package inserts and then when I wasn't 100% sure from reading that, I came to this website for some guidance. It's one of those things where in retrospect it's a completely stupid oversight if in fact what you're saying is true, which I believe is the case unfortunately.

I really wish Dat would get on here and just settle it once and for all, but I guess that's just me still wishing I would get some good news.

Anyways, thanks for the posts, your answer helped.

All peptides are stored in lyophilized form at temperatures of -20 degrees Celcius some at -40 degrees Celcius or more.

This holds true for all peptides whether they are shorter chains made via the process of solid state synthesis or longer chains made via e. coli.

Here is an example for you. It is Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF) purchased by my lab from a leading facility. bFGF is 151 amino acids long.

"...bFGF is stable lyophilized for 6 months at -20 degrees C to -80 degrees C. After a quick spin [in the centrifuge], reconstitute in 500ul of 10nM Tris, pH 7.6 to yield stock solution of 0.1 mg/ml of bFGF. Reconstituted bFGF should be stored in working aliquots at -20 degrees Celcius for up to six months. Multiple freeze/thaw cycles will result in significant loss of activity.."​

For longer term storage you did what you were suppose to do with your unreconstructed GH.

It is debatable (and may depend on the solution buffer) whether you can/should freeze reconstituted peptides. As you can see, instructions from the leading American manufacturer of peptides for lab use in the United States says you can for up to 6 months.

In some of my research I have discovered that if you have the coldest of lab freezers (-80 C) you can store peptides for 5 years w/ no significant loss of bioactivity.

One suggestion for you and all who read and store peptides in the freezer is to get some silica gel moisture absorbing bags to put in w/ your vials. Vaccum seal or at least squeeze out the air in the bag/container that holds the vials to be frozen.

Stop fretting. :)

Thanx DAT. I was going to say that all manufacturers recomend that you freeze the peptides when in a powder state. If there isnt any water in the peptides to freeze how can freezing hurt it? you cant. Thanx

All peptides are stored in lyophilized form at temperatures of -20 degrees Celcius some at -40 degrees Celcius or more.

This holds true for all peptides whether they are shorter chains made via the process of solid state synthesis or longer chains made via e. coli.

Here is an example for you. It is Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF) purchased by my lab from a leading facility. bFGF is 151 amino acids long.

"...bFGF is stable lyophilized for 6 months at -20 degrees C to -80 degrees C. After a quick spin [in the centrifuge], reconstitute in 500ul of 10nM Tris, pH 7.6 to yield stock solution of 0.1 mg/ml of bFGF. Reconstituted bFGF should be stored in working aliquots at -20 degrees Celcius for up to six months. Multiple freeze/thaw cycles will result in significant loss of activity.."​

For longer term storage you did what you were suppose to do with your unreconstructed GH.

It is debatable (and may depend on the solution buffer) whether you can/should freeze reconstituted peptides. As you can see, instructions from the leading American manufacturer of peptides for lab use in the United States says you can for up to 6 months.

In some of my research I have discovered that if you have the coldest of lab freezers (-80 C) you can store peptides for 5 years w/ no significant loss of bioactivity.

One suggestion for you and all who read and store peptides in the freezer is to get some silica gel moisture absorbing bags to put in w/ your vials. Vaccum seal or at least squeeze out the air in the bag/container that holds the vials to be frozen.

Dat, you just made my day my friend. That is great news. I remember reading something a while ago that you had posted along the lines of the above, which is what caused me to freeze it all in the first place (since I know that you would know the truth), so it's good to come back full circle and stop fretting. Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it.

Good info. You definately shed a little light with regards to freezing on me. It is also my understanding that the peptide will hold for up to 2 years in a cool dark place (fridge). Primomax, I'm glad to see things turned out okay for you. I guess your persistence paid off! ;)

Good info. You definately shed a little light with regards to freezing on me. It is also my understanding that the peptide will hold for up to 2 years in a cool dark place (fridge). Primomax, I'm glad to see things turned out okay for you. I guess your persistence paid off! ;)

Thanks man, what a relief!

Thanx DAT. I was going to say that all manufacturers recomend that you freeze the peptides when in a powder state. If there isnt any water in the peptides to freeze how can freezing hurt it? you cant. Thanx

Temperature is the variable. Freezing has nothing to do with it. The colder the temperature the less degradation will occur through several pathways including oxidation. Conversely the warmer the temperature the more active are the degradation pathways.

Temperature is the variable. Freezing has nothing to do with it. The colder the temperature the less degradation will occur through several pathways including oxidation. Conversely the warmer the temperature the more active are the degradation pathways.

So you're pretty much saying that you need it to be very cold. Basically what your average freezer cannot do. So it won't hold too long in the average house freezer as it would in say a freezer in a lab.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131