over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shgb? How to decrease it?

Avz

Registered
..With insulin. I'm having a hard time finding good info... any help is appreciated.

its not well understood, i never worry about it! the supp stinging needle is suppose to lower them, does it work? you'l probably never know.

^ ya, kinda hard to find a lot of info on it. Other than what has been mentioned, proviron, masterone and winny are supposed to help as well.

Its lowered anytime insulin is spiked. Another factor of building muscle from slin.

So... 2-5iu pre workout maybe 3 times a week would lower it? I'm starting to think that this can make a pretty big diffrence in physique..?
And I feel like I'm wasting testosterone if it can't be used.. Right?

So... 2-5iu pre workout maybe 3 times a week would lower it? I'm starting to think that this can make a pretty big diffrence in physique..?
And I feel like I'm wasting testosterone if it can't be used.. Right?

not necessarily shbg's serve a purpose , but like i said it's still not well understood, at this point i cant remember the piece i read on it,but think about it why is lr3 igf1 preferred over r igf1? sex hormone binding proteins protect your test and allow it to enter your cells whenever its needed, remember shbgs also protect your test from enzymes such as aromatase turning it into estrogen.!

its not well understood, i never worry about it! the supp stinging needle is suppose to lower them, does it work? you'l probably never know.

It is a herb called stinging nettle or just nettle. Available in health food stores. There was an article in Mus. Dev. mag. a few issues ago on this subject and they mention this and another herb called longjack, which I had never heard of.

Worst reason to use insulin.

And if you're on steroids it's ridiculous to worry about SHBG.

JMHO of course.

If your already on, there is no reason to worry about it. If it bugs that bad, do a search on oral winnie... At a low dose of course

estrogen increases SHBG,,,especially oral (BC's and SERM will do that)

use AI to lower it

androgens lower it naturally but if you have outta control estrogen (without having gyno but blood work shows high e) then your liver will produce more shbg.

I need to increase my shbg. I have high estrogen with very low shbg. What can I do?

Worst reason to use insulin.

And if you're on steroids it's ridiculous to worry about SHBG.

JMHO of course.

interesting comment....

If alot of what you take cant bind to make a difference - being on steroids doesnt help......

interesting comment....

If alot of what you take cant bind to make a difference - being on steroids doesnt help......

I read that several times and I'm still not sure what you're saying.:confused::D

Anyway, I'm going to appeal to authority here.:p

Q: does SHBG go up during cycles?

If you don't properly control estrogen, it MAY (everyone is different), although androgens profoundly lower SHBG. Even DHEA is androgenic enough to lower SHBG. But whether it goes up, or down, is of no consequence. The androgen load overcomes same by comparison.

No one who is truly "expert" would miss this basic point.

There are a lot of links to good articles on SHBG in this thread from UK-Muscle so I'm just posting the link to the whole thread. SHBG does serve a purpose--it tries to keep things in balance, but in doing so it keeps Test from doing it's job in the muscle. It kind of sucks because the more Test you take the more SHBG you produce.

Supps that bind to SHBG to help leave testosterone free: 1. Methanolic extract of nettle. 2. Avena sativa. 3. Chrysin.

I have used a product called "Unleashed" and it works well enough that I can say I feel better when using it than when I'm not.

**broken link removed**

an anti e wont help much.... proviron or win will

Thanks that's what I was looking for!

[[/B][/B]
There are a lot of links to good articles on SHBG in this thread from UK-Muscle so I'm just posting the link to the whole thread. SHBG does serve a purpose--it tries to keep things in balance, but in doing so it keeps Test from doing it's job in the muscle. It kind of sucks because the more Test you take the more SHBG you produce.

Supps that bind to SHBG to help leave testosterone free: 1. Methanolic extract of nettle. 2. Avena sativa. 3. Chrysin.

I have used a product called "Unleashed" and it works well enough that I can say I feel better when using it than when I'm not.

**broken link removed**

Turinabol

I also read a profile of turinabol recently that said that it lowered SHBG and increased FSH and LH and increased endogenous production of testosterone. AMAZINGLY the same review also said that turinabol could actually normalize natural testosterone production in a few weeks or months with no aromitizing sides. I don't remember the exact wording and of course now I can not find that particular review. Pisses me off because I want to confirm it and get some -- it's nicknamed "Gentle D-bol."

Anyone else heard or read anything similar about "T-bol?" "Big A?"

Below is part of the t-bol profile I refer to above:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
killerstack is generally correct.... when using exogenous anabolic steroids, especially if using orals, SHBG being too high is rarely a significant factor.

having SHBG too low on the other hand can be.

primarily because ester based steady state and delivery to an extent relies on SHBG reserviour.....

read here...

J Sex Med. 2008 Jan;5(1):241-7. Epub 2007 Oct 24.

Low sex hormone-binding globulin and testosterone levels in association with erectile dysfunction among human immunodeficiency virus-infected men receiving testosterone and oxandrolone.
Wasserman P, Segal-Maurer S, Rubin D.

Infectious Disease Division, Department of Medicine--New York Hospital Queens, Flushing, NY, USA. [email protected]

Abstract
INTRODUCTION: Men with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) wasting and hypogonadism are frequently treated with testosterone and oxandrolone, an orally administered anabolic-androgenic steroid hormone. We observed reductions in testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels, in association with complaints of erectile dysfunction, after prolonged exposure to this therapeutic regimen. AIM: First description of an association between long-term receipt of oxandrolone with erectile dysfunction, low SHBG and testosterone. METHODS: Case report of three human immunodeficiency virus-infected hypogonadal male patients receiving treatment for wasting syndrome and hypogonadism, and highly active antiretroviral therapy. All three patients received long-term oxandrolone in addition to testosterone replacement therapy. RESULTS: Testosterone and SHBG levels for patients 1, 2, and 3, respectively: total testosterone 183, 71, and 151 ng/dL (260-1,000 ng/dL); free testosterone (not done for patient 3) 58.3 and 26.9 pg/mL (50-210 pg/mL); SHBG 6, 9, and 6 nmol/L (7-50 nmol/L). No other hormonal abnormalities were detected. Following discontinuation of oxandrolone, levels of total testosterone rose, consistent with increase in SHBG. One patient received repeat SHBG assay documenting rise in SHBG level. Patient 2 reported return of libido and early morning erections several weeks after discontinuation of oxandrolone. CONCLUSIONS: Patients had erectile dysfunction in association with low testosterone and SHBG, in spite of exogenous testosterone replacement. Discontinuation of oxandrolone led to the normalization or improvement of testosterone levels in all three patients with symptomatic improvement in one patient. First pass metabolism of orally administered oxandrolone may decrease hepatic synthesis of SHBG, allowing exogenously supplied testosterone to be excreted. Further work is necessary to elucidate the relationship.

just a note- the product "unleashed" is consistently joked by anyone who knows the product or its "creator"... JUNK

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131