over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you feel about the way you look?

Queefer

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
The thread about "who would you wana be" got me thinking.

Are you happy with the way you look? I know most of us who compete would say they are trying to improve, and will never be satisfied, but that's not what I'm asking.

Like I said in that other thread, I'm very satisfied with the way I look, however, I still want to improve certain parts, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished. When certain guys on here mention that I have shitty genetics, it doesn't bother me at all because I've already won in my eyes. I've been going to competitions since I watched Aaron Baker turn pro In Raleigh at the Natl's in 89'. Since then I've always thought of competing, but didn't because I didn't want to embarass myself. Even when I'd go to local shows, I'd think"if I could just be competitive with these guys, I'd be happy"
Now that I've won my weight class for the last two years at the State show, I've exceeded all possible expectations for my self, so anything else I do now is just gravy.

Oh, last thing. I remember when I did my first local contest two years ago and I just couldn't wait to post up my pics to show my fellow promuscle members how I did.

Like everyone else,sometimes I get discouraged because I'm not making the kinds of gains I want. It's times like these that I think it's good to look back and be proud of where we have come from due to all the hard work we have put into this hobby and or lifestyle.

Last edited:
I can't say I'll ever be completely satisfied with the way I look. I think that's what keeps us involved in this crazy sport/lifestyle. In 2010 I was competing as a middleweight at 176lbs. I used to say back then that once I hit a stage weight of 210-215 I would be plenty big enough and wouldn't need to grow anymore. Well since the 2010 season I have added almost 40lbs of stage weight, gotten myself to 210lb range I was looking for, and I don't even feel like I got much bigger. Progress pics show a huge change but the mirror doesn't for some reason. It's a huge head game. I am happy that I am always improving, but I don't see an end to my quest for improvement any time soon.

Well I'm sure almost all of us like you said will never be satisfied. I am happy with my structure and my symmetry but I would like more size but the biggest thing I have been unhappy about myself lately is my bf, I was depressed for awhile and it caused me to be the heaviest I ever have been. I have got the majority of it off now but would still like to see another 15-20lb reduction to be where I want to be. My new goal is to stay leaner year round, no more bulking where your waistline goes crazy :banghead:

i have never competed at any level.......but i would say overall i am happy with how i look. but like you said,well never be completly satisfied. 3 months ago i said i would be happy with being 190 and 9%bf.......now i am aiming for 205 at 9%. always a head game :D

I can't say I'll ever be completely satisfied with the way I look. I think that's what keeps us involved in this crazy sport/lifestyle. In 2010 I was competing as a middleweight at 176lbs. I used to say back then that once I hit a stage weight of 210-215 I would be plenty big enough and wouldn't need to grow anymore. Well since the 2010 season I have added almost 40lbs of stage weight, gotten myself to 210lb range I was looking for, and I don't even feel like I got much bigger. Progress pics show a huge change but the mirror doesn't for some reason. It's a huge head game. I am happy that I am always improving, but I don't see an end to my quest for improvement any time soon.

I mind screw myself sometimes too, but if I constantly think about what I don't have, or what I'd like to look like, I become a bit depressed. I remember reading an article by Gary Strydom where he said sometimes he feels small, so he puts on his "makes me look the biggest shirt" to wear. Who has a "makes me look big " shirt? I have one and I know MissQ has a few "makes me look sexy" shirts.

Last edited:
I am your truely novice lifter. I am 36 and been lifting and working out since high school. I had totally exhuasted my natural genetic talent when I hit 30. Trained hard for another 5 years and finaly went to the dark side when I hit 36. I must say since I have blasted and cruised this past year. My body looks the way it should have looked a long time ago. So yes I am pleased. do I want it to look better. Of course, who doesn't. But overall. Could not be happier. And the ladies love it to.

I mind screw myself sometimes too, but if I constantly think about what I don't have, or what I'd like to look like, I become a bit depressed. I remember reading an article by Gary Strydom where he said sometimes he feels small, so he puts on his "makes me look the biggest shirt" to wear. Who has a "makes me look big " shirt? I have one and I know MissQ has a few "makes me look sexy" shirts.

its actually very comforting to know that other people feel this way also.i definintly have one of those shirts.

ill be honest... i look in the mirror every morning and see progress, backwards forwards.. or whatever.

ill never be satisfied.. insecure? for sure. narcissistic? definitely.

but thats why i love the sport. i can make infinite progress to exactly what i want to be someday... hopefully someday ill wake up and see myself as exactly what i want. will it ever happen? doubt it. but ill never stop. i love this sport and lifestyle because even when i receive complements, its all about me and what i think in the end. and it really sheds light on how my head affects my day to day life.. like a reality check.

I'm much happier this year than last and it seems like I notice changes by the month if I keep progressing the way I have been I'll just keep getting happier with my appearance I'm already in much better shape than others in my position I've accomplished more than in a year than most sci patients do in 5

I am always seeking bigger and better in everything. If i had 5 million dollars I would want 10 million and if I had a 12 inch dick I would probably want a 14 inch one. I always said when I hit 225lb i would stop, but then i wanted 240lb and i am pretty much there with a little more fat than I want. Hell now i am thinking 260lb would be OK.

I used to be so skinny, that I am quite happy with my look now. I will always try to improve, but I am happy with the progress I have made and the comments I have received over the years. It is nice to go from hearing people talk about how tiny you are to how nice of a body you have.

The thread about "who would you wana be" got me thinking.

Are you happy with the way you look? I know most of us who compete would say they are trying to improve, and will never be satisfied, but that's not what I'm asking.

Like I said in that other thread, I'm very satisfied with the way I look, however, I still want to improve certain parts, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished. When certain guys on here mention that I have shitty genetics, it doesn't bother me at all because I've already won in my eyes. I've been going to competitions since I watched Aaron Baker turn pro In Raleigh at the Natl's in 89'. Since then I've always thought of competing, but didn't because I didn't want to embarass myself. Even when I'd go to local shows, I'd think"if I could just be competitive with these guys, I'd be happy"
Now that I've won my weight class for the last two years at the State show, I've exceeded all possible expectations for my self and anything I do now is just gravy.

Oh, last thing. I remember when I did my first local contest two years ago and I just couldn't wait to post up my pics to show my fellow promuscle members how I did.

No. I'm not happy with the way that I look. However, I am happy with the potential I have and the fact that I'm working on it.

definitely not, will never be. at least not on a competitive level. even at times when im going strong on my doses and take up half the room i still want to be bigger, more defined, and i can find an imbalance somewhere. sometimes that carries into my actual self image too, which is weird because compared to every other college kid i look 1000Xs better. i dont see it that way though... its a game to me no different than how a football players opinion on his performance will effect his self image i guess.

I know I could do much better.
Seems Ill hit it hard in sperts, a few weeks at a time. Then Im pretty happy:)
So I happy I start to take days off instead of pressing on:confused:confused:
So im in a constant state of trying to maintain- maybe SLOWLY improve...
But I know There is a ton of room for improvement if Ill do what it takes.

Ugh. The things I do to make me feel a little better about my appearance... definitely more of a head game.

* I can't count how many camisoles I have. For some reason, I think it smoothes out my belly. It may actually make me look thicker, but I always feel better when I can wear one underneath.

* I have a "big boob bra" from Victoria's Secret. It adds two cup sizes and it was originally supposed to be my "special occasion" bra. The first few times I wore it, I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror. Now, it's almost like I feel bad about myself when I'm NOT wearing it.

* Having PCOS, I have mentally associated that with not being feminine enough because I don't know if I can have a baby. I refuse to not wear earrings or to cut my hair short because I feel like it will make me manly.

* I started wearing stud bellybutton rings because I feel like, unless you can show it off, you shouldn't wear the ones that dangle.

The list goes on... and on... and on... :eek:

I fucking hate everything about my appearance, from my hunchback to my crippled gait to my moobies. I fucking hate everything about my body, until I move weight that most people think only superheroes can move, weight that the doctors have told me I can't move.

Man, when I move big weight, it's like I become another person, just for a minute. It's the best feeling I have left in this world.

I am definitely not happy with the way I look. I almost look good when I am pumped from a workout....

I carry WAY TOO MUCH abominable fat, my shoulders are not big enough, my chest is shallow, and I have gyno.

Im satisfied with the way i look considering where i came from. In highschool i was the chubby kid that all the girls wanted to be friends with so they could tell me the problems they were having with guys. :banghead:

The progress ive made over the last 9.5 years has not only humbled me but kept me pushing forward to make myself better. I dont think ill ever be satisfied though.

I can't say I'm satisfied with my physique.

Happy ? Yeah, considering I was a skeleton with skin that couldn't bench 100 pounds, I'm happy where I got in such a short time, but I'm "still hungry". It's a 10000 mile road this one we walk called bodybuilding, I can't see where that road will take me until I finish walking it lol. Meanwhile I love lifting things up and putting them down and dieting and will keep doing it :D

Great topic
I am working hard at changing my thinking rather than my physique. I have done OK with bodybuilding and I am good with that. I am trying to be happy with my natural self and focus on health and longevity. But I can tell you, it has not been the easiest transition after 10+ years of pursuing the look.
I still train hard 3 days a week in the weight-room, and doing cardio almost daily, trying to stay lean. I have been at this for 6-7 weeks now. My weight has dropped only about 10 pounds. I still look pretty stout at 225 today. My strength seems to have leveled-off. I have a new doc that will be taking very good care of me. Getting blood-work in 2 weeks and going from there. If everything looks great, I’ll probably return to my jacked-self down someday. I am at the point where I need to regroup, evaluate my priorities and start new.
This life-style has a way of changing the way I see things. So the only way to get an unobstructed view is to remove myself enough to see clearly once again. So yeah I am Ok with the way I look for now. Back to work now

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws