over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much are you shrugging?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I tore my bicep in September and to train traps since then I've been loading up the hack squat with 14 plates and repping it out hise shrugs style. But yesterday I saw Nick Walker saying he was "going heavy" doing barbell shrugs with 405, and I was motivated to switch and try since my bicep is healed now. Now I was doing it on the smith machine and using wrist straps but, probably due to shrugging 14 plates on the hack all these months, 405 was way too easy. 12-15 reps easy.

What are you guys shrugging?

Also, whose else's arms are the worst length, such that the bar is getting caught on the end of your Johnson every rep? 😂

Also, whose else's arms are the worst length, such that the bar is getting caught on the end of your Johnson every rep? 😂
My Johnson gets hit on every rep too, but I use a hex/trap bar...

Seriously thought, haven't done them in years. Had my share of shoulder and neck injuries. Not worth the feeling of a pinched nerve.

I shrug between 225 and 315, depending. I have been more focused on higher reps lately and increasing endurance

I like doing shrugs on the standing calf raise, but I had to stop all shrugging because my traps got too ridiculous and I couldn’t breathe when I slept in certain positions

Overall I believe in time under tension, slow and controlled, squeezing reps for traps versus loading 495 and swinging it like most do. Big ego exercise

Also taking the 40s or 50s (dumbbells) and doing 100 reps rest paused without setting them down on the breaks. Slow and controlled. That one will blow up your traps

I have done silly weight on shrugs in the past. I used to load up a chest press machine with 7pps and do shrugs on that all the time. Now I get more from moderate weights on shrugs. Occasionally I might push things and get carried away and force out 5-6 reps with big weights and a limited rom when I am loaded up on preworkout :eek::D I usually stick to 2-3pps though for higher reps. My fav exercise are zercher shrugs and 2pps on those to failure and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I usually... well 90% of the time I finish with a drop set and that's usually 3pps, 2pps, and 1pps. If I use DB's my gym is very lifted and only goes to 50kg and if I do them it's usually ended with a crazy drop set of 50's, 40's, 30's and 20's or something like that. I should add it's always slow and controlled with hard squeezes/holds at the top and very often I hold the squeeze for 3 secs on every rep.

Come on now. This is high school bro

Nick walker could shrug 800 pounds if he wanted to
yeah, i was suprised he said "going heavy" with that poundage, but took the oppurtunity to show him up and feel good about myself anyways :D

yeah, i was suprised he said "going heavy" with that poundage, but took the oppurtunity to show him up and feel good about myself anyways :D
He posted another video shrugging 200 pound dumbells its scary how easy he picked them up lol

70-120 lbs dbs using versa grips but left one seems to always slip first. A good idea is to try normal wrap around wraps around db . Cable machines 80-95 lbs.

I have to do everything I can to keep my traps out of any lateral or high chested row variant.

My traps are retarded. I think the PL background and years of deadlift permanently made them thick lol

And i still do pulls from the floor 1x a week so, no shrugs for me

I started with pretty much non-existent trap shape so I hit them once per week with dumbbells and usually do 1 or 2 drop sets. I usually go on the lighter side and really focus on a deep stretch at the bottom and contract really hard at the top!

Haven't done a shrug since maybe early 2000s. Used to do power shrugs as I was working on OLs. Explosive shrug to give the bar life, ROM is top portion of the clean/snatch pull. Maybe sets of 10-15 with 315 to 405 getting full extention Sr top, making bad weightless in lift etc...great movement. Today I just pretty much deadlift, row, pull down/up.

I like doing shrugs on the standing calf raise, but I had to stop all shrugging because my traps got too ridiculous and I couldn’t breathe when I slept in certain positions

Overall I believe in time under tension, slow and controlled, squeezing reps for traps versus loading 495 and swinging it like most do. Big ego exercise

Also taking the 40s or 50s (dumbbells) and doing 100 reps rest paused without setting them down on the breaks. Slow and controlled. That one will blow up your traps
This is me, time under tension, slow and controlled. Even at my biggest ever I rarely went over 405 with shrugs, all it did was strain my neck. My traps grew pretty easily back in the day. My goal wasn't to have the strongest traps it was to have the biggest traps
2018-03-12 10.31.51.png

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity