over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My major mistakes in my first competion

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
My first was dehydration, I listened to that bulshit about not drinking water for 24 hrs and nearly collapsed on stage and almost got disqualified because of that a person who was much worse than me got a higher placing than me.

My second is, I should never have drank the wine before I got on stage, they told me it would bring out the veins but alcohol on a dehydrated body is suicide.

My third was that stupid dream tan, I was way too matt and I was placed on the far left side where there wasnt enough spot light. In the future I think I will go with pro tan and posing oil, it said on the dream tan box that you dont need no oil, well I was the mattest there.

My third mistake was shitloading, that didnt work for me and even bloated me a bit, next time I will go with the traditional route, Im too inexperienced to go with these fancy tricks.

My fourth mistake was not enough posing practise.

My fifth mistake was eating too much after the contest, I got so bloated that my shoes wouldnt even fit me, luckily my close friend who is a doctor gave me some diaza (whatever you call it diurectic) and probably saved my life.

I wont compete for another year, in the meantime I will work hard on my weak points which means haeavy sqauts, deadlift and bench and stop the fancy crap that I did before.

BTW thats me on the left and would love to hear some critic and views.

I hope this helps anybody else that might be competing for the first time to avoid these mistakes that I did. Thank you for reading.:)

Attachments

• Cenks 31st birthday 027.jpg
    Cenks 31st birthday 027.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 711
Comeon bro, nobody gets it all right the first time around. Now youre the member of the elite competitive club :), which is more than can be said for 99% others who will never dare set foot onstage.
Also, you know what you did wrong, now improve on it and next year - crush em!

Thats a horrible story. SO sorry man. Even the great ones, don't always get it right in the beginning.

|--[\\\\>--------- many ppl make the mistakes taht you did, at least you recognize them and now you know what works and what doesnt for you. thank you for sharing.

if your going to shitload you better be LEAN and you were not lean enough. and a traditional carbload wouldn't have made you look much better. people always try and kill their selves at the end when it was all about them not getting all the fat off, then they try and suck as much water out as possible to try and look leaner. been there done that and LEARNED FROM IT!

I admire you for your enormous courage in being totally frank about the mistakes you've made.

Be sure to write them down, as I've always done, you will be surprised how
some you might forget unless you do so. And as you approach each new contest, review them relentlessly. Nothing worse than the same mistakes made twice.

Good luck in the future!

Worldspan

b-boy said:
if your going to shitload you better be LEAN and you were not lean enough. and a traditional carbload wouldn't have made you look much better. people always try and kill their selves at the end when it was all about them not getting all the fat off, then they try and suck as much water out as possible to try and look leaner. been there done that and LEARNED FROM IT!

Theres a lot of truth to this. I was guilty of doing it too, and then wondering what the hell went wrong, there was nothing wrong, i just wasnt lean enough :).

vadim_b1 said:
Comeon bro, nobody gets it all right the first time around. Now youre the member of the elite competitive club :), which is more than can be said for 99% others who will never dare set foot onstage.
Also, you know what you did wrong, now improve on it and next year - crush em!

Totally agree, at least you competed and that takes guts. I doubt if anyone does everything right the first time. We live and learn. I'm sure that the next time you compete you will have learned from your mistakes and come in in much better condition. You don't look too bad in the photo though. Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck in the future.

It is all about experience Wolf. You have already learned much more than many. It will get better. Train hard on the big three to bring up your size and thickness. You can always do the fancy shit later. Good luck in the future

dont be to hard on yourself...I have made many mistakes that you have to...I have learn what works for me and I pretty much stick to the same thing every time now...

good luck next time

chris

You took a shot brother and that's all that counts. Now learn from your mistakes and grow from it! Best of luck on the next one!

Dude, dont worry, I made exactly the same mistakes myself. Just dont do them again and you are gonna kick some ass. Even next time you will have a list of more stuff not to do. Its the nature of the game. Even Ronnie would do a show and say that there are things he would/wouldnt do next time. Good shit dude.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I thought I needed to share my experience with you. Now Im defenetly going with Oldfellas route with big 3 lifts, mondays benchpress, wedensdays deadlift and fridays squats.I will train like a animal and start my own contstruction project which will be ready by next year:)

no worries , you did great and even looked great , for your first show . just learn from your mistakes . i give you lots of props for posting this . keep up the great attitude , listen to some of the great advises given ,here ,in this thread and don't be surprised , when you get voted for the featured member of the month , of may :)

wake

thanks for sharing!!!

that will help a lot of people!!!

very generous of you!!

:)

dont worry about it bro, did you ever realize that there are many PROS that compete and STILL dont have their diet and everything nailed? It happens man...best do it now so it wont happen again later. I made similar mistakes for my first show, very similar. I fucked with my diet and water the last day and ended up lookin watery as all fuck. If I wouldve kept everything the same I wouldve won my class easy. I also used dreamtan on top of my protan and it made me jsut look even more watery and muddy. It works for some, but it definately didnt work for us I would say lol. But like I said..it happens. I know it pisses you off since you worked so hard towards the contest but you have knowledge now that some dont. Use it. ;)

When I was one week out, my prep guy said if it HAS been working for you - don't change it in the last week. If it HASN'T been working for you, you probably shouldn't do the show. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. :)

I had all these things I was curious about floating around in my head......should I shitload, sodium load blah blah blah. It was taxing on the brain! lol

Good job getting on stage!::ction-sm

My first was dehydration, I listened to that bulshit about not drinking water for 24 hrs and nearly collapsed on stage and almost got disqualified because of that a person who was much worse than me got a higher placing than me.

My second is, I should never have drank the wine before I got on stage, they told me it would bring out the veins but alcohol on a dehydrated body is suicide.

My third was that stupid dream tan, I was way too matt and I was placed on the far left side where there wasnt enough spot light. In the future I think I will go with pro tan and posing oil, it said on the dream tan box that you dont need no oil, well I was the mattest there.

My third mistake was shitloading, that didnt work for me and even bloated me a bit, next time I will go with the traditional route, Im too inexperienced to go with these fancy tricks.

My fourth mistake was not enough posing practise.

My fifth mistake was eating too much after the contest, I got so bloated that my shoes wouldnt even fit me, luckily my close friend who is a doctor gave me some diaza (whatever you call it diurectic) and probably saved my life.

I wont compete for another year, in the meantime I will work hard on my weak points which means haeavy sqauts, deadlift and bench and stop the fancy crap that I did before.

BTW thats me on the left and would love to hear some critic and views.

I hope this helps anybody else that might be competing for the first time to avoid these mistakes that I did. Thank you for reading.:)

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME BRO????
You just desribed all the mistakes i make every year :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner