advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Someone please help me (blood work came back...need TRT)

Jake LaMotta

Registered
Long story short I'm 28 and will turn 29 on March 1. I had some blood work taken because of numerous symptoms and it revealed I have low test. FYI, I haven't been "on" since summer of 1999 (but foolishly didn't do any PCT after).

Here's what the paperwork says:

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL: 236 (range is 260-1000)
TESTOSTERONE, %, FREE: 1.8 (range is 1.0-2.7)
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 43.4 (range is 50.0-210.0)

I went to see my primary doctor and she refered me to a urologist that I'm seeing Thurs. January 15, 2009 (soonest I could get in). I also scheduled to see an endocrinologist on Mon. February 23, 2009 (soonest I could get in, for a second opinion on treatment if I don't like the first docs plan). I have been doing EXTENSIVE research on Dr. Crislers protocols. Here is a good article: **broken link removed**

A few questions:

1. I know my test production is low but is it SUPER low?

2. Who is it better to see for this condition, a urologist or an endocrinologist?

3. From the research I read the doctor should give me 100 mg of Testosterone Cypionate every week. I also heard the doc should give me HCG (according to my research on Dr.Crisler, I should get HCG at 250IU two days before, as well as the day immediately previous to the testosterone Cypionate shot) and also Clomid. What was your guys protocol? I'm especially interested in how much Clomid he should give me.

4. How long does it take for this to work and my test levels to return to normal (A day? A week? A month?).

5. Will I have to be on HRT for the rest of my life or once my test levels come back to normal can I stop?

6. How often will I have to get bloodwork done to test for my test levels?

7. If the doc decides to give me the testosterone Cypionate and HCG at the same time, can he mix it in the same syringe or will I have to get 2 shots?

Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Long story short I'm 28 and will turn 29 on March 1. I had some blood work taken because of numerous symptoms and it revealed I have low test.

Here's what the paperwork says:

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL: 236 (range is 260-1000)
TESTOSTERONE, %, FREE: 1.8 (range is 1.0-2.7)
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 43.4 (range is 50.0-210.0)

I went to see my primary doctor and she refered me to a urologist that I'm seeing Thurs. January 15, 2009 (soonest I could get in). I also scheduled to see an endocrinologist on Mon. February 23, 2009 (soonest I could get in, for a second opinion on treatment if I don't like the first docs plan). I have been doing EXTENSIVE research on Dr. Crislers protocols. Here is a good article: **broken link removed**

A few questions:

1. I know my test production is low but is it SUPER low?well it is below the range so it is very low.

2. Who is it better to see for this condition, a urologist or an endocrinologist?Endocrinologist

3. From the research I read the doctor should give me 100 mg of Testosterone Cypionate every week. I also heard the doc should give me HCG (according to my research on Dr.Crisler, I should get HCG at 250IU two days before, as well as the day immediately previous to the testosterone Cypionate shot) and also Clomid. What was your guys protocol? I'm especially interested in how much Clomid he should give me.

4. How long does it take for this to work and my test levels to return to normal (A day? A week? A month?). What is normal? your production is so low that it is well out of normal range. So it will never be normal again

5. Will I have to be on HRT for the rest of my life or once my test levels come back to normal can I stop?You will be on HRT from now on

6. How often will I have to get bloodwork done to test for my test levels?That will be up to your doctor

7. If the doc decides to give me the testosterone Cypionate and HCG at the same time, can he mix it in the same syringe or will I have to get 2 shots?Generally no. It will need to be in two shots.

Thanks fellas.
In red are some of the answers to your questions. The ones I did not answer are the ones I do not know the answers to.

If you plan to recover then dont start HRT. The longer your on test the worse your odds are to recover. As for question #4 if your asking how long it will take for your test levels to rise when your ON test replacement its around 3weeks but it can take many months to get to a level your doctor wants it to be on. Me personally, i dont think many of these docs know shit, so I just stay on 150mg cyp and get bloodwork done once every 6months or so and it keeps me in the high range, but I could give 2 shits about going the legal route. Im a full blown anarchist. If you want to get a script and do everything legally then just do what the doc says but dont settle for any bullshit. Tell him you want hcg to improve your chances of having kids and it should be a problem.

***MAJOR THING I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS***

I forgot to tell you guys that in spring of '06 I had a dull ache in my testicle. I went to see a urologist who's in the same group that the doc I'm going to see is in. When I went to see him in '06 he said that I had a vein on my left testicle (the one that hurts) and it can cause infertility. He said it was so small that most men would not have it removed but if I wanted to I could. I chose not to and may have made a mistake.

2 questions:

1. Could this condition be causing the lower test? All the research I've done says it can.

2. If I were to get the vein removed, will my normal test come back? Or would I still need TRT?

sounds like variococele (sp?)...no that could not be causing the low test

A few questions:

1. I know my test production is low but is it SUPER low?

2. Who is it better to see for this condition, a urologist or an endocrinologist?

4. How long does it take for this to work and my test levels to return to normal (A day? A week? A month?).

5. Will I have to be on HRT for the rest of my life or once my test levels come back to normal can I stop?

6. How often will I have to get bloodwork done to test for my test levels?

7. If the doc decides to give me the testosterone Cypionate and HCG at the same time, can he mix it in the same syringe or will I have to get 2 shots?

Thanks fellas.

1. It is below the baseline of typical and desired Test production. Super? Many are in the 100s or even less.......the paperwork I received said that 300 is usually the baseline minimum for approving HRT patients.

2. Agreed with previous Endo post by OF

3. Clomid? Could you find out why Clomid? I have never heard that before as part of HRT or TRT therapy.

4. Length of time is dependant on what you are prescribed. If Test C or E......yes 3-4 weeks sounds about right.

5. HRT is a life solution.

6. My levels are tested 2 times a year.

7. The Test is oil based and the HCG is water based. Pleeeeeeeease do not mix these. Plus, HCG can be done SQ......a quick pinch of the skin around the lower abdomen, insulin needle pressure, plunge and you're done....it is painless(for me at least) and quick. I prefer to do it that way.

Sounds as if you and I are in the same situation. I was diagnosed yesterday with low test levels. Mine were 201 and I'm 40 yrs old. I have to have an MRI of my pituitary gland tomorrow. I put a lot of stock in the answers given to you by oldfella, I've read countless posts by him and he is always on the money. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
sounds like variococele (sp?)...no that could not be causing the low test

I read that it can cause low test. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that this is freaking me out.

I read that it can cause low test. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that this is freaking me out.

I have had varicole veins on my left boy since I was 10-11 years old (thats when diagnosed). Never had any problems with low test until my mid 20's when I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor...so no, i wouldn't think they cause low test.

Will this change my life?

Once I get on TRT, will it change my life forever? I have been depressed, put on a lot of fat, have no energy, and my sex drive is zero. Not to mention my erections are not as hard or as frequent as they used to be. Will this drag me out of this black hole I'm in?

As some of you know, I had rotator cuff surgery on October 7, 2008. My shoulder feels like a million bucks now and I'm ready to awake from this nightmare.

Once I get on TRT, will it change my life forever? I have been depressed, put on a lot of fat, have no energy, and my sex drive is zero. Not to mention my erections are not as hard or as frequent as they used to be. Will this drag me out of this black hole I'm in?

As some of you know, I had rotator cuff surgery on October 7, 2008. My shoulder feels like a million bucks now and I'm ready to awake from this nightmare.

You have no idea how much better you will feel having your test levels in the upper quarter range. I could make a commercial on the changes I felt. No more depression, fatigue, foggy head, lack of energy, etc. It is a life long commitment and does have its negatives but the positives far outweigh them.

Getting your testosterone to the normal range will make you feel MUCH better, more "normal" feeling. Before I started my TRT with my doctor, I felt like I had a cloud over me all the time, no energy, lo sex drive, just like you are having. No more.

Per Dr. Chrisler protocol, he'll most likely start you on clomid or HCG to jumpstart your test levels. When that fails he'll put you on TRT (for life).

Im rather young like you, but believe me, being on TRT was the best thing I could ever do, like VTliftVT said i could make a commercial about the benefits for me (no more insomnia, low libido, weak erections, fatigue, poor concentration, foggy mind, etc). Also having low test is not good for the heart, low test in linked to why most men die from heart failure, not to mention test has neuroprotective effects.

Per Dr. Chrisler protocol, he'll most likely start you on clomid or HCG to jumpstart your test levels. When that fails he'll put you on TRT (for life).

Im rather young like you, but believe me, being on TRT was the best thing I could ever do, like VTliftVT said i could make a commercial about the benefits for me (no more insomnia, low libido, weak erections, fatigue, poor concentration, foggy mind, etc). Also having low test is not good for the heart, low test in linked to why most men die from heart failure, not to mention test has neuroprotective effects.

AMEN. I went about 3 years trying all kinds of test boosters- everything natural and all the ancillary drugs. I got to the point where I couldn't deal with all the terrible sides described above. I almost lost the old lady cause she didn't understand. She blamed herself and didn't know it was out of my control. She just wanted to be close and I didn't care.
My doc didn't want to hear it. So I did blood panels myself. Everything was good but my test levels were in the pisser.
Since starting HRT my motivation has returned. I can think straight. My junk is back.
I would do anything to have those 3 years, but I'm so happy that my I have my life back.

do insurances cover this? or is it out of pocket?

God Bless all of you that replied

I just want to thank you guys for your replies. These last 3 years have been a nightmare.

cool if you dont mind me asking what insurance you have?

Tell us how it goes and if they give you resistance about putting you on TRT at such a young age.

Tell us how it goes and if they give you resistance about putting you on TRT at such a young age.

Now you got me nervous.

Even though I have low test levels do you think they won't put me on it because I'm only 28 (about to turn 29)?

Oh boy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity