over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just got laid off and we have a baby on the way

Ragin' Cajun

Registered
Sometimes in life it rains. And right now it's pouring. As the title says, my girlfriend is pregnant (9 weeks today) and I was just laid off on Thursday. Everything is slowly starting to become overwhelming. As I was the main bread winner, there is a lot of stress on me over bills, necessities, and this baby. I've been sober now for 435 days. I don't want to go back to that life, but I find my automatic thoughts returning to drinking to ease the pain. It's scary. Just more venting about everything. I'm not one to share feelings often in person, so I figured I'd try posting to get it out to see if it helps.

Relapsing will do absolutely nothing for you except dig your hole deeper. And self-pity will destroy us. I can completely understand your stress. You have no choice but to stay strong and positive. Come up with a game plan and execute it. You have a little time before your child is born and you have a lot to be grateful for. Hit the computer hard and find another job. There are a lot of opportunities out there. I went to prison years ago , came home and relapsed and then ended up in long term treatment. My first job back was at McDonald's making 8.50 an hour. Hard work and persistence has led me to an awesome job, wife and new home. Reason I'm telling you this is because if a two time convicted felon, ex addict can do it then so can you. The worst thing I did for myself was to feel sorry for myself.
I don't know your employment history or job qualifications but there are a lot of apprentice jobs for unions out there that usually can be found on your states dept of labor websites not to mention programs they offer. I truly wish you the best and know if you stay sober, focused and positive this will be nothing but a hurdle you'll look back at and say " that was nothing".

Yea, I don't want to. I hate drinking now. Just greys scary how the thoughts still can creep up. I'm on parole for the next two years. Don't need a reason to go back. Thanks for your insight, giants. Good to know I'm not alone on here.

The cravings don't ever really go away. Six years later and they still creep up time to time. It's how we handle them though and how we change our thought process. You've got a great jump on your recovery and I'm happy for you. Just remember, stay positive and focused. Get a plan together and execute it no matter what. If you ever need to chat you can PM me anytime bro.

The cravings don't ever really go away. Six years later and they still creep up time to time. It's how we handle them though and how we change our thought process. You've got a great jump on your recovery and I'm happy for you. Just remember, stay positive and focused. Get a plan together and execute it no matter what. If you ever need to chat you can PM me anytime bro.
Thanks giants

my kids are 4 & 5, they don`t know or care how much money the house has. Keep them safe and some kind of roof over your head. You got 2 months till your baby is poor, take a breath. Many young parents are broke as shit. Kids are expensive. Plus baby food is free, when it comes from the boobie, plus its a great fat burner for her.

Don't relapse it will just make things so much worse brother! Go to an NA/AA/CR meeting and talk about it brother.
Also if you got laid off you can claim unemployment and will have a small income. In the mean time you can find work. Keep your head up stay strong.

Called first thing this morning with a job interview for today! Hopefully it's promising. Even if it's not, y'all are right, nothing is bad enough to take my sobriety.

Hang in their Brother, it will get better.

i`m laid off now.
bro...make your resume...on a resume.com....then upload it to indeed.com and just start applying at local jobs

i`m laid off now.
bro...make your resume...on a resume.com....then upload it to indeed.com and just start applying at local jobs
I did that on Saturday. Have one in person interview right now and one phone interview this afternoon.

what ever you do stay off the booze!~ focus on resume and pounding the pavement for a job. Stay focused on that lady and that baby, 9 weeks you have time. stay healthy, thats why your in here right?? Man up and take the hard road.....it pays $$$. good luck

Stay positive, stay in control (won't be if you relapse) stay strong not only for your well-being, but your woman and that baby.
Oh and I have been there....been there more than once believe it or not.
What used to piss me off was everyone telling me "THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON"..It's kind of like when you lose something and someone says..."IT'S GOTTA BE SOMEWHERE" ...gee thanks. It doesn't change any facts!
Thats why you have to stay in control and make it happen bro! You can do it! PM me anytime if you need someone to listen or give an opinion WHEN WANTED. Stay strong!

Update: had an interview yesterday for a Sous Chef job at True Foods Kitchen in Houston. I have a working interview Friday night and was offered the position of Executive Sous Chef. If I get it, I'll only have taken $5k a year pay cut.

Update: had an interview yesterday for a Sous Chef job at True Foods Kitchen in Houston. I have a working interview Friday night and was offered the position of Executive Sous Chef. If I get it, I'll only have taken $5k a year pay cut.

That's awesome! I was going to ask what job field you were in but I see now. I have a 7 month old now and if I got laid off I don't know what I would do..definitely can be a scary thing. Only thing you can do is get out there and keep looking . Hopefully this one works out for you.

Congrats bro!! You'll get back up to where you were salary wise. Kill it Friday night and let us know. And being in the restaurant biz and staying sober is hardcore bro. Not an easy feat so again congrats and God Bless on the sobriety.

applied for sous and got offered executive?! I`d say they like you. Good luck. Go kill it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear