YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here ever start over in a career after 40?

Slyder190

Registered
I didnt make the best decisions when I was younger (43 now). I earned my BA in communications but never found work that I could afford my rent on at the time. I was bartending at the time doin very well. Got certified to be a personal trainer years later but that career never got off the ground. Currently in the process of earning an associate's degree in graphic design after starting as nursing major but hated it. Graphic design will just be some skills to learn for a possible side hustle. Already had a ton of credits. Also studying for my NMLS license to sell mortgages. some days its just hard to stay positive because I'm so far behind in life. I'm hoping to do well in the mortgage industry, as I will be working at a top producing branch with two friends who are doing very well for themselves. They each have 10+ years put in already though but had hit six figures by their third year. Anyone else ever start over later in life?

Ever think of working a trade? Better ROI on your return than many degrees/traditional paths

College is a business, and unless you know the brand of bread they are selling you thoroughly, it's never a good idea to buy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

At this age though to begin that whole process? And I despise IT and computers. Graphic design is a different animal in relation. If I hadnt had so many previous credits I wouldn't have even decided to just go for the small amount it would take to finish with an associate's.

Last edited:
your putting rules and limitations on yourself. thats your problem. where is the life rule book that says your behind? Dont focus on other people and what they have. if anything use them as motivation.

you dont know what you want to do. thats your problem. your all over the place thinking this one will solve this and this will solve that. right now you need to focus on one thing at a time.

Sure you can be successful in the mortgage industry just starting out at your age. Being a good salesperson makes it a lot easier of course, but I do know a couple people that make pretty damn good money busting their asses that aren't the greatest sales people. You're the same age as me. I started out in mortgages back in 2000, so in my opinion you got a better shot at 43 than you do at 25. I first worked at one of those sweat shop companies and in two years I had my own company with 20 loan officers working for me at my peak. Than the whole industry took a dive and I was poor as shit for a few years and lost everything. I actually know a couple people who offed themselves when the industry crumbled. It really did me some good to be humbled though. I say go for it! I do kinda miss it sometimes myself.

I didnt make the best decisions when I was younger (43 now). I earned my BA in communications but never found work that I could afford my rent on at the time. I was bartending at the time doin very well. Got certified to be a personal trainer years later but that career never got off the ground. Currently in the process of earning an associate's degree in graphic design after starting as nursing major but hated it. Graphic design will just be some skills to learn for a possible side hustle. Already had a ton of credits. Also studying for my NMLS license to sell mortgages. some days its just hard to stay positive because I'm so far behind in life. I'm hoping to do well in the mortgage industry, as I will be working at a top producing branch with two friends who are doing very well for themselves. They each have 10+ years put in already though but had hit six figures by their third year. Anyone else ever start over later in life?
ID brother send me a PM and I'll tell you my story don't be discouraged keep moving and move on don't worry you'll make it through

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

ID brother send me a PM and I'll tell you my story don't be discouraged keep moving and move on don't worry you'll make it through

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

This guy is a stand up guy. Not sure if he even remembers me, but a while back I needed some advice and he gave me great no BS advice and I followed his recommendations and thing came out like he said they would.

Nice to see you again on PM I have not been on here as much as in the past but trying to stay connected with my friends here. Great bunch of guys here in my opinion there is none better than PM.

Take thethinker 48s advice...become a plumber...you may have to deal with shit but at least it doesn't talk back to you...plumbers make fortune today...

I just did I'm 43 ,left a journal. I had for 16 years ,for a. Better paying job with benifits it's way off from any job I thought I would work but been there 5 mths and love every day

You can do it,don't think too much before do it, thinking too much will ruin you

Yes, both my parents reinvented themselves much later in life than you - My Mom went off to become a Nurse at 50, and my Dad became highly successful after years of a failed business. He now oversees the construction of large commercial properties (hotels, malls, etc...).

Some of it required returning to school (for my mom), other times it requires right time, right place (like my father).

I'm 31, so I can't speak aside from their experiences. But I haven't ever been passionate about what I do for work (typical corporate), but if I was in my 40's and finally struck my passion, I'd run with it.

It's never too late to reinvent yourself.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws