advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What type of by is Stan efferding wearing and why?

Simpllyhuge

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame=http://youtu.be/xecSOMK9p00]Stan Efferding 2303 Raw Total | All 7 Lifts | SPF March Madness 2013 | SuperTraining.TV - YouTube[/ame]

In the bench and dead he is wearing a different type of belt than usual.
I ask because, I use a regular inzer belt and it screwes up my deadlift and seems to pull me in to flexion or extend my ROM or adds leverage to the weight? I'm wonder why I feel better with nothing on? I have shorts but nothing freaky.

Some guys wear the belt higher on a deadlift cause it makes it easier to get to the bar if that makes sense. I prefer a skinnier belt for this reason on deads but like a thicker inzer belt on squats.

It's a Spud deadlift belt. EliteFTS carries them. Really a great belt.

He has said in the past he wears it that high because he feels that is where his weak point is.

Some guys wear the belt higher on a deadlift cause it makes it easier to get to the bar if that makes sense. I prefer a skinnier belt for this reason on deads but like a thicker inzer belt on squats.

Yeah I have tried that. I tried to fuck around today but apparently I gamed so much weight or my stomach has protruded for some reason that I can could barely get it on.

It's a Spud deadlift belt. EliteFTS carries them. Really a great belt.

He has said in the past he wears it that high because he feels that is where his weak point is.

Is the spud belt softer and more bendable. I wish I could try on a thiner belt. Maybe if I go to a meet some one will have one and let me try it. I'm tired of buying belts I don't use.

Yes, it is softer and has more flex than a normal power belt. They make a deadlift specific belt which is also thinner I think.

I have the same Spud belt and it comes in a two ply or three ply. I have the three ply and it is much "softer" than my regular powerlifting belt. I typically use it for deads on heavier sets, but I am thinking I will still use the stiffer powerlifting belt for squats and deads for meets and the Spud belt for heavy sets only while training.

When I ordered the belt Marc sent me the 2 ply in XL instead of the 3 ply by mistake. The XL in the 2 ply was too big so I switched it for a 3 ply in L. Well when it arrived the thickness difference from 2 to 3 ply made it too small and the Velcro barely overlapped when I wore it "higher" on the rib cage. So I took it to an upholstery shop and they added a seat belt type material to make it longer and now I can wear it very high or in the normal "low" position.

Just something to think about if you are deciding between 2 and 3 ply. Great belt otherwise. Also very comfortable if you wear a belt for benching. I do not but my training partners like to wear mine for benching.

Im definitely going to look into getting one of these since my Inzer Lever belt is way too big since Ive lost like 60+lbs from the last time I powerlifted. I loved that lever belt but that sucker was stiff and sucked to deadlift in so this spud belt sounds perfect for the job.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner