advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

to all the long-time juicers: do you regret taking the plunge?

ionian

Registered
I'm 23, seriously considering blasting and cruising. I'm aware that my priorities might change over the years though, and health is wealth, even though I feel invincible sometimes. I'm scared that this decision is a path down to eventual self-destruction. Do any of you guys regret taking the first shot? Do you think it has changed your life forever?

I regret picking up my first bodybuilding magazine and getting involved in this rat race to begin with. I should have taken up crossfit, spartan race or some other healthier, gayer choice.

Yes it will change your life forever and in several different ways.

I regret WHY i chose to make the leap and it was because of vanity. I never had any notion to compete or step on any stage. Rather, i did it to look big and to me thats the wrong reason to do it. It can have all kinds of health ramifications, some small some big but there are ramifications. It changes what you have to do to stay healthy. If i knew then what i do now, and still never wanted to compete, i would never have taken that first shot which was all for vanity.:star-:ars

Yes it will change your life forever and in several different ways.

I regret WHY i chose to make the leap and it was because of vanity. I never had any notion to compete or step on any stage. Rather, i did it to look big and to me thats the wrong reason to do it. It can have all kinds of health ramifications, some small some big but there are ramifications. It changes what you have to do to stay healthy. If i knew then what i do now, and still never wanted to compete, i would never have taken that first shot which was all for vanity.:star-:ars

Very well said! We all have had our reasons and to each their own…As its said hope the juice is worth the squeeze ;)

I wouldn't change it for the world. I was natural from age 19-27. It's smart to push things as far as you can naturally before getting into gear. I love the attention I get non stop on a daily basis. Who wouldn't want to be treated like a celebrity? People are very kind and complimentary. Everybody wants to be superman!

My first shot was by a doctor... I was on TRT before anything... TRT at age twenty fucking four... But being put on HRT changed my life dramatically. The self confidence, the libido (which I never had), the energy and changes in personality to be more outgoing... I would never change that. Going beyond TRT, I still have no regrets... I enjoy seeing the changes and being able to push myself harder and further than I could otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm 23, seriously considering blasting and cruising. I'm aware that my priorities might change over the years though, and health is wealth, even though I feel invincible sometimes. I'm scared that this decision is a path down to eventual self-destruction. Do any of you guys regret taking the first shot? Do you think it has changed your life forever?

Nope, I'm not regretful for having started AAS. Honestly, I like it a lot. I AM regretful for blasting and cruising though! Big mistake.

Unless you have potential (something you should ask about from some pros) and the drive to compete, time on/time off when you're young, TRT after 40 if necessary. SO many fewer complications and much better when your HPTA works without every toxic thing being required to make it work.

Nope, I'm not regretful for having started AAS. Honestly, I like it a lot. I AM regretful for blasting and cruising though! Big mistake.

Unless you have potential (something you should ask about from some pros) and the drive to compete, time on/time off when you're young, TRT after 40 if necessary. SO many fewer complications and much better when your HPTA works without every toxic thing being required to make it work.

thanks for the input. There are two sides to me, the side that wants to blast AAS like there's tomorrow and be a beast, and the other that's worried about health problems down the road. For now I'm clean, and won't do anything yet. However, I'm pretty damn sure that at some point in my life, I will start using it seriously. Maybe if I reach 80 years old, and still healthy, then I'll just blast until I die

I been jucin since I was 19 Im 53 now
My only regret was devoting so much time and effort to a sport that never gave anything in return powerlifting
I loved compeating so dissapointed would be a better word than regret

I do not regret it altough I'm still young (24). I dont do it to compete I just love being big.

Skickat från min GT-I9305N via Tapatalk

I regret taking off working out for 7 years and being off gear for 10 years. I regret when I was your age that 2 sustanon a week (500 mg) and 100 mg anadrol day cost between 60-75$/wk and that was all I could afford. I regret getting shafted in my divorce financially and I regret carrying a note for 90 K in selling a business and having the person go tits up. I regret not being at my moms bedside on the day she died. Never regretted taking the plunge.

I will say @ 23 if you blast and cruise and you are not making $ off your looks/body, you are nuts.

I regret taking off working out for 7 years and being off gear for 10 years. I regret when I was your age that 2 sustanon a week (500 mg) and 100 mg anadrol day cost between 60-75$/wk and that was all I could afford. I regret getting shafted in my divorce financially and I regret carrying a note for 90 K in selling a business and having the person go tits up. I regret not being at my moms bedside on the day she died. Never regretted taking the plunge.

I will say @ 23 if you blast and cruise and you are not making $ off your looks/body, you are nuts

Well said..:headbang:

while I don't regret it I always encourage those thinking about it for the first time to strongly consider the realities of the whole thing.

it will change you, and most likely it will be a life long venture, are you ready for that commitment? are you ready to do injections for the rest of your life? are you ready to accept all the sides and responsabilites that go along with it?

from my experience most are not. also most do not really NEED trt especially when young. I was a little different inthat I did need it, I never felt "normal" until using test. I feel best when my hormones are tightly under control and am living a very active life style. I have also gone to the doc and had my test levels come back in the low 70's, so on a personal level, for me it is justified, at least the trt aspect.

from a personal standpoint even though I have never had aspirations of standing on stage I have changed my body completely, people cant believe the difference from my old photos, but again on a personal level its hard to see. without learning how to train from a bb aspect I am pretty sure none of this would be the case.

I was talking to someone the other night about the various coments I receive on a regular basis, at this point its normal, I don't think anything of it other then the people making them are weird and crazy or want something from me, usually me, lol, but I find it all sort of shallow and uninteresting. much better to have people that like you for you the person rather then how they see you and how that image fits into there personal fantasies. don't buy into the physicality of it all, and remember that it can be taken away at any time, remember to focus on being a good person rather then a good body.

Never regretted it but didn't start cruising until about 34/35. Wish I'd started a good few years earlier actually. Wish I'd discovered gh and peptides a lot sooner too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Regret only happens if you realize and admit you've made a mistake

Last edited:
Not for the normal reasons. But for having to lie or not be straight forward in a lot of relationships

My goal was never to walk around the mall and look jacked. I started in a serious BBing gym and got the bug to compete. After going to a few shows I realized gear was part of the deal. So I geared up..... and took it as far as I could go. That was 7th place at the Nats. I have some wonderful memories and made several friends along the way. Many, many plastic trophies and the accolades to go with them.
The down side? Damaged bi, right pec, left shoulder ac, ripped lower left tear drop, a major hernia surgery and don't even mention the back. Now I need a TRT dose to be healthy and God knows how many years I traded away to appear bigger than life and have some folks stand and stare. But what sucks the most is how hard you fight to get there and what a fleeting moment it really is.
Then I tried putting it down and walking away. Found out I can't. I'm as addicted to training and having a good appearance as any junking on the street. LOL

Some body get me a ladder so I can get off this soapbox.

CG

HELLLL NOO , I DONT REGRET IT. IT WAS GREAT. AND IT WILL NE IN THE FUTURE.

I BEEN DOING IT SINCE I WAS 16 AND IM 42. JUST KEEP GETTING YOUR BLOOD CHECKED AND WATCH THE ELEVATION OF BLOOD PRESSURE. AND DONT DO OTHER DRUGS.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws