over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finding Career with felony record

dukki,

I am in the same boat as you bro...

This is how i look at it, try to see if you can get your shit taken off your record or expunged. Usually drug cases can be dropped to misd if you get a lawyer and its not a tough thing to do.

as said above i would not go to itt. honestly bro enroll at a jc and start knocking out online classes. You can basically get paid to go to school while your working...some classes wont be offered online but a shit load of them are.
if you bust your ass in a year and a half from now you could apply to a state school or something and you will have an A.A. Not to mention there is plenty of tale that are looking for jacked tan good looking fools like yourself ha.

it may look like a long process and you may feel like it will never happen but just start the process. You wont regret it. Who knows maybe going through the schooling process you will be turned on to some new passion you never even knew you had and you could end up going into business for yourself in that...thats basically what happened to me. Good luck bro.

From the lawyers I have talked to, felony convitcions cannot be expunged or sealed. My arrest for gear cant even be expunged and I got deferred judgement. I checked. I could have it sealed but thats it.

i dont know what state you are in but i have a sales charge and my lawyer says it will be taken care of. i live on the west coast if that helps ya out.

let me clarify once i complete probation the case can be dismissed. thats considering i have something to show for my life since on probation.

let me clarify once i complete probation the case can be dismissed. thats considering i have something to show for my life since on probation.

That sounds like deferred not a full felony conviction. I know TX and MS don't allow expungement of felonys. Just sealing of the record if its a deferred adjucication. Deferred means you have no felony on the record if you complete probation. Thats different from a regular felony conviction.

lol well i have failed probation many times, picking up new charges, probation violations...zzz man how fucken stupid I was. Honestly when you are younger you just do not realize what you are putting yourself at risk for. obviously this game has its risks, but its not like i am driving around smoking crack at red lights with a huge bag of dope in the car. I honestly try not to think about it because it once brought me down a lot...now i just accept it and have moved forward with my life...even though i feel like it all made me a better person today it still sucks.

I think for drug related offenses they should be dropped after 7-10 years. if your an addict and you arent fuckign around for that long you deserve it. sorry to hijack ha just gets me going.

I think for drug related offenses they should be dropped after 7-10 years.

Felonies never come off your record no matter They should but they never do. They will follow you thru your entire life. Its fucked but true.

Felonies never come off your record no matter They should but they never do. They will follow you thru your entire life. Its fucked but true.

Some state do expunge felonies ... if you get it expunged and apply for a job then u dont have to put ur felony down...but LE can still c the felony record tho

Start your own business or 2!!! you have to have some skills or passions that can make you money...if you can fill a need people will pay for, you will be your own boss, so it dosent matter if you have a felony. ive helped many people start there own business, a buddy 3 drug,assult charges cant get a job any where...we stated a business doing light servise(gas,flats,jumps, lockouts ect) he is making 800-1200 profit each week. im about to start my second business because my wife has "issues" and can't get a job. so ill have her work for me.

pm me anytime, we can talk about this, if you want, being your own boss is easy.

Some state do expunge felonies ... if you get it expunged and apply for a job then u dont have to put ur felony down...but LE can still c the felony record tho

Correct, louisiana does but its a bitch to get done.

Start your own business or 2!!! you have to have some skills or passions that can make you money...if you can fill a need people will pay for, you will be your own boss, so it dosent matter if you have a felony. ive helped many people start there own business, a buddy 3 drug,assult charges cant get a job any where...we stated a business doing light servise(gas,flats,jumps, lockouts ect) he is making 800-1200 profit each week. im about to start my second business because my wife has "issues" and can't get a job. so ill have her work for me.

pm me anytime, we can talk about this, if you want, being your own boss is easy.

This usually requires capital.

This usually requires capital.

true,very true....but if you put aside even 20 a week in two months you have enough for a sole pro and insurance. depending on trade, the overhead can be a burden, my buddy spent 300 for a good jack,jumb box, gas cans and a lockout kit...600 total for a working business, took 4 months to save, 1 week to make back. he owes no one! the business im starting, will cost about 300 total...OP might know how to get auto parts cheap,then sell on ebay.

there are grants and such if you need money to start a business, might be a grant for felony convicted trying to start buisness....women get grants, put wife down as partner.

Last edited:

It also depends on the felony's class.

@dukkitdalaw:
If you are looking for stable, decent paying job, then look towards a trade. My buddy's friend is a plumber. It isn't glamorous work, but he has earned enough money to own a house and a few rental properties with no formal school. And there will always be a need for a plumber.

dont worry

hey bro if ur still worried or maybe u figured something out im i kno a convicted felon who has drug and gun charges 27 years old too live in nyc has a union job but that ever goes to shit hes screwed best advice for u is to go to a local labor union in ur area learn a trade and no one will ever question ur record. a majority of tradesmen have some sort of crazy past not all but def more than half.now if u dont want to sweat for ur income and prefer a office job in my area there is something called vestidits a training and work placement program for convicted felons. just so u kno too its not easy when people kno about ur record outside a construction environment they look at u as if uve murdered raped and stolen

Military? (not sure what current recruiting standards are...) Believe it or not but LE in some divisions actually will take felons (not typical police departments) but constaples etc... I actually have a good friend that has 3 felony charges all 10 years old though. Hes in his second year out of the academy right now...

Move out of the country?

Also dont waste your time with ITT bullshit, very few individuals count that as a degree at all. I passed up a very overqualified individual for an assistant position recently with an ITT degree for someone straight out of a real college without any real experience.

Last edited:
I have been in sales my whole life. First, health club(personal training,memberships), then real estate, and now medical supply(start on oct 10). I was popped in my mid 20s for gear, but got deferred, but it shows an arrest on my record. It has always seemed that sales jobs have been more forgiving for me. If you have the social skills, then the companies mig inht cut you more slack in sales.
I wish you the best of luck bro.

ahmen to that. the best sales people I ever hired had felonies when it came to PT sales.
You can do anything you want you just have to think how to get it going. in my case i have one as well and it really dosent hurt me. I dont like working for other people so i start my own companies. Im 27 and just sold one. i have another opening in the next few wks. Its true, do what you love and you will be successful. In my case its the health and medical industry as well.

guys i know with felonies do really well in HVAC, Refrigeration, and trucking and things of that nature. I know it seems like a stereotype - but they do really well, and for the most part they're content. They don't love it, but they don't hate it and they more than just pay the bills.

I think ITT tech has courses like that, which is why I bring it up. Good luck bro, it's an unforgiving country we live in, and with the current economy it's not getting any more forgiving - but you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders so I think youll find a niche.

Start a biz and work for yourself

The only way to get rid of your felony conviction is with a pardon by your state govenor. Typically the board of pardons will not consider any crimes under 10 yrs old. Go to your states website and read about the process. You will need to send in a check for the application, which coverages every detail of your life. From there its about a 2 year wait to get in front of the board of pardons. If they deny it, its over unless you appeal. If they approve it, it then goes to the govenor for a final review and signature.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131