over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

man down...MAN DOWN!!

horrendous form? why because i dropped fast? ive always dropped fast. and light to moderate weight in a powerlifting meet wont get you very far. lol!

horrendous form? why because i dropped fast? ive always dropped fast. and light to moderate weight in a powerlifting meet wont get you very far. lol!

I wouldnt say horrendous form, but you sank WAY too fast, and that was the DIRECT cause of your tear my brother. Im sure you heard it a quadrizillion times, and I would hate to wish harm on any of my iron brothers, but I hope you learn from your mistake. There is no purpose nor boost from descending so fast, and as you have just experienced, it will cause you to tear a quad. You wouldnt rep a bicep curl at that speed, so why would you squat at that speed? Anyways, i wish you the best brother and a speedy recovery. Shoot some GH into that thing!

Alot of the Russian powerlifters I've seen at the national and world meets are very fast squatters. They descent so damn quick. Not saying its right or wrong but works for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Alot of the Russian powerlifters I've seen at the national and world meets are very fast squatters. They descent so damn quick. Not saying its right or wrong but works for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thats all fine and dandy....but please show me a scientific study that shows that descending fast gives you ANY sort of boost, id love to read it. Lowering yourself like that with 500lbs on your back is RECKLESS, i dont care who or what says!

Thats all fine and dandy....but please show me a scientific study that shows that descending fast gives you ANY sort of boost, id love to read it. Lowering yourself like that with 500lbs on your back is RECKLESS, i dont care who or what says!

You ever seen olympic lifters? They all do squats for assistance work and they all performed them fast and deep

There are people including old powerlifters that used a dive bomb squat...Shane Hamman being most notable. It may be effective for some...but safe...definitely not. Olympic lifters are not known for their longevity...Most that I've seen do it were very heavy as well....

While many lift in a somewhat explosive style..it …s controlled... that no offense did not look remotely under control. No problem with crossfit but most seem to lift a bit out …f control. No need to do a pause squat either

as you will be adding weight to the bar then.
Based on your deadlift I wouldn't think you'd have a chance at they weight...doing raw controlled below parallel strict squat with 500 would usually mean 600 deadlift or so. Quite a few even more.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

thAT was a straight leg dl. and it was super fucking easy. i was trying to keep our gym in the running for strongest gym which we did win. ;) i couldnt do a regular dl with a barbell cause i couldnt bend my leg.i thought i was going to put 45#'s on my lift card. a regular dead would have been ~500lbs and my bench should have been 315+ but i was fucking hurting!

two theories about the squat
1. dont drop out and stop right at or below parallel
2. drop ass to ground and get some bounce to help in the ascent.

i have always done #2. im also only 175lbs.

like mentioned above. you ever watch olympic lifting? we dont drop slow. i can squat clean 315. its all about speed and getting under the weight.

like mentioned above. you ever watch olympic lifting? we dont drop slow. i can squat clean 315. its all about speed and getting under the weight.

Apparently, making it "all about speed" caused you permanent muscle disfigurement, and is gonna keep you outta the squat rack for many months, and you will have to go thru some physical therapy...all because you wanted to be fast about it...:cool:

You could have dropped slowly and blasted upwards, and you would still have your quad intact, today.

your not following my point. i do olympic lifting. there is no such thing as "slow olympic lifting"
have you ever done a power clean or squat clean?

To each his own.

Do whatever makes you happy. But yes I've seen plenty of Olympic lifters and no they are in more control. That simply looked like a weight that was too much. You have a decent build but I would never guess you could do that weight with strict form. But again it doesn't bother me anything if you want to do it that way...just my .02

To each his own.

Do whatever makes you happy. But yes I've seen plenty of Olympic lifters and no they are in more control. That simply looked like a weight that was too much. You have a decent build but I would never guess you could do that weight with strict form. But again it doesn't bother me anything if you want to do it that way...just my .02

its a powerlifting meet not a beauty pageant.
it was only 415# you make it sound like i had 900 on my shoulders. i already got 405 just before that which is my pr.
find me a video of a proper slow "in control" descent squat clean...please

ill never "TEAR MY QUAD" either

:cool:

never say never buddy.
and here is me playing around squat cleaning 265. there is nothing "slow" about it. im also an old 41 year old man so age plays a part in injuries as much as any other contributing factor does.

**broken link removed**

ill never "TEAR MY QUAD" either

Didn't you recently tear your pec and quiet badly at that.....and I'd take a guess and say that you were not using moderate weight for high reps at the time of the injury....correct?

just saying...

Didn't you recently tear your pec and quiet badly at that.....and I'd take a guess and say that you were not using moderate weight for high reps at the time of the injury....correct?

just saying...

yea.....and i learned

JUST SAYIN

haha. shit happens. i cant change it. ive replayed the whole thing in my head a trillion times. "what if..."
fuck it. im ganked up on valium and percocet. ive accepted that i will be out for a bit but ill be back. its just another chapter in my book of life! its been a good one with lots of ups and downs along the way.

haha. shit happens. i cant change it. ive replayed the whole thing in my head a trillion times. "what if..."
fuck it. im ganked up on valium and percocet. ive accepted that i will be out for a bit but ill be back. its just another chapter in my book of life! its been a good one with lots of ups and downs along the way.

THIS ^^^^^^

is true

did you learn something????

then you did ALL you can do

end of story

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads