advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Thinking Bodybuilder's Toolbox for health.(bp,cholesterol,heart,kidney,liver)

Fruit/Veggie: Listen to your mom and eat your fruits and veggies. Try a variety, but my staple in my fruit diet is fresh pineapple i cut myself, because it has liver detoxifying properties and anti-inflammatory properties. My surgeon once told me that you need to buy fresh pineapple because the canned ones dont provide the same benefit.

Been eating almost a whole pineapple every 2 days, but I was just doing it cause I love the stuff..now I love it even more :headbang:

Kaladryn...it irks me what you said..only cuz I value your opinions immensely. Please elaborate.

When micronutrients are ingested in the natural form, they are absorbed slowly. When taken in supplement form, they are digested rapidly and this can be a hard on the kidneys. I'm not doubting the positive effects of most of these supplements IF someone is not eating a proper diet. However if someone is eating a proper diet, I think it would be unwise to risk all that kidney stress, and I don't think there is any benefit to most micronutrients if you eat balanced diet.

There are other issues as well, take aspirin for example, while you see a decrease in clotting related stroke, you also see an increase in hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding stroke). So if you have perfectly healthy blood readings, you probably shouldn't take aspirin.

Take vitamin D, great supplement if you don't get enough naturally, but if you do, why risk taking supplemental vitamin D? Too much vitamin D is hard on the kidneys and can cause elevated calcium levels in the blood (hypercalcemia). Calcification of soft plaque on the arteries is the main cause of heart disease. This is a reason NOT to take supplemental calcium also. The head cardiologist at UCSD recommends AGAINST taking supplemental calcium for both men AND women (surprising for women especially). Low HDL, high LDL and high calcium is a recipe for long term heart disease.

Several B vitamins are nephrotoxic, neurotoxic, or hepatotoxic at higher doses.

Vitamin C, which everyone thinks is so safe, has several possible toxic effects, the least of which is greatly increasing iron absorption- not something someone who already has a problem with a high RBC would want.

Saw Palmetto, which has a VERY low bioavailablity, is a mild 5ARI if megadosed, we know of all sorts of negative effects related to 5ARIs.

If you eat a healthy diet, you get LOADS of every vitamin. Use a program like NutritionData to see the exact amounts, if you are deficient on one or more, supplement that exact one in reasonable doses, not mega doses.

Does anyone here prefer methylcobalamin over b12 inject?
Anything with methyl infront of it makes me worried lol.

Great thread. Thanks for your input tmuscle/Shelby/thread starter and Kaladryn. Learning some stuff here.

Does anyone here prefer methylcobalamin over b12 inject?
Anything with methyl infront of it makes me worried lol.

Yes 100%. I've had a few doctors recommend it to me and they all say it's the superior form.

When micronutrients are ingested in the natural form, they are absorbed slowly. When taken in supplement form, they are digested rapidly and this can be a hard on the kidneys. I'm not doubting the positive effects of most of these supplements IF someone is not eating a proper diet. However if someone is eating a proper diet, I think it would be unwise to risk all that kidney stress, and I don't think there is any benefit to most micronutrients if you eat balanced diet.

There are other issues as well, take aspirin for example, while you see a decrease in clotting related stroke, you also see an increase in hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding stroke). So if you have perfectly healthy blood readings, you probably shouldn't take aspirin.

Take vitamin D, great supplement if you don't get enough naturally, but if you do, why risk taking supplemental vitamin D? Too much vitamin D is hard on the kidneys and can cause elevated calcium levels in the blood (hypercalcemia). Calcification of soft plaque on the arteries is the main cause of heart disease. This is a reason NOT to take supplemental calcium also. The head cardiologist at UCSD recommends AGAINST taking supplemental calcium for both men AND women (surprising for women especially). Low HDL, high LDL and high calcium is a recipe for long term heart disease.

Vitamin C, which everyone thinks is so safe, has several possible toxic effects, the least of which is greatly increasing iron absorption- not something someone who already has a problem with a high RBC would want.

Saw Palmetto, which has a VERY low bioavailablity, is a mild 5ARI if megadosed, we know of all sorts of negative effects related to 5ARIs.

If you eat a healthy diet, you get LOADS of every vitamin. Use a program like NutritionData to see the exact amounts, if you are deficient on one or more, supplement that exact one in reasonable doses, not mega doses.

wow never realized this thanks for sharing, the bold has me concerned as ive been taking 2g for quite some time now and recent blood work showed my rbc to be high. would you recommend any staple supps at all, or exclusively whole foods only?

NAC is a great supplement. my liver enzymes were always high until I started taking 600 NAC post workout. now for the first time in years my liver enzymes are in range.

You don't need high doses of it for it be effective.

I would say cardio, veggies and naicin also

Good stuff here. I always hear people say "you shouldn't take all that, it cant be good for you" , with no knowledge to back up their assertions. Finally a knowledgable reply

Bodybuilders, take note:

The researchers, studying how to improve oxygen delivery to the skeletal muscle during physical activity by using antioxidants, found that sometimes the nutrients thought to prevent or slow the oxidative damage to the body can actually impair muscle function.

**broken link removed**

Get your antioxidants from food. Super dosing on vitamin C, E and beta carotene could be limiting your growth response in the gym.

I'm a believer in fat soluble vitamins D and A, fish oils, but try to emphasize dietary choices over OTC supps in most cases.

I would recommend Cycle Support from iron mag labs. It basically combines a lot of these products in one pill and is affordable

wow never realized this thanks for sharing, the bold has me concerned as ive been taking 2g for quite some time now and recent blood work showed my rbc to be high. would you recommend any staple supps at all, or exclusively whole foods only?

Your iron levels would be elevated if it was from the vitamin C, if you take vitamin C, don't dose it with iron containing meals and you will be fine. Why are you taking 60x the amount you body needs is the question? (FDA recommended amounts are 2x required already). Sixty times the natural amount of anything seems like a bad idea to me.

great thread guys. lots of really good info in here. thanks :)

I would recommend Cycle Support from iron mag labs. It basically combines a lot of these products in one pill and is affordable

im glad you mentioned that.... kal whats your view on cycle support from iron mag?

Been cruising blasting 28 years I started when i was 30.Blood work is always excellent.Donate blood every 56 days,vit c,e,huperzine a,grape seed extract,multivitiam with minerals,b complex,d,mag zinc calisum combination,cranberry,probotics,emzymes,lovaza,milk thistle,liver aid.The only pain is in the pocketbook.

Your iron levels would be elevated if it was from the vitamin C, if you take vitamin C, don't dose it with iron containing meals and you will be fine. Why are you taking 60x the amount you body needs is the question? (FDA recommended amounts are 2x required already). Sixty times the natural amount of anything seems like a bad idea to me.

So what you recommend say 500mg daily instead? And I noticed you said that donating blood every 56 days seems excessive.... Would say 1-2 a year be good? Thanks boss

So what you recommend say 500mg daily instead? And I noticed you said that donating blood every 56 days seems excessive.... Would say 1-2 a year be good? Thanks boss

Twice a year is what my doc recommends for the average male, but for hematocrit issues it all depends on how many RBCs you are making. As for vitamin C, I'd look at how much you get your diet, my diet contains about 400% the recommended amount so I dropped my supplemental C, previous to that I was doing about half a gram. Vitamin C is very safe and probably a good supplement, I would just be wary of megadosing it, especially if you are dosing it at the same time as lots of other stuff, the kidneys have to process all that, it's a judgement call though.

is it best to take NAC after a workout?

i take mine before i go to bed..

nevermind, just found this

**broken link removed**

post-workout it is!

Last edited:
Twice a year is what my doc recommends for the average male, but for hematocrit issues it all depends on how many RBCs you are making. As for vitamin C, I'd look at how much you get your diet, my diet contains about 400% the recommended amount so I dropped my supplemental C, previous to that I was doing about half a gram. Vitamin C is very safe and probably a good supplement, I would just be wary of megadosing it, especially if you are dosing it at the same time as lots of other stuff, the kidneys have to process all that, it's a judgement call though.

thanks man. so maybe i should just do 500-1g instead...not really sure how much i get in diet to be honest. well my rbc count was 5.92 with 6.1 being the highest end of ref range.

btw that you in your avi?...if so then damn!:eek:

Last edited:
Kaladryn is right on the money, everysiingle nutrient I've researched and it correlates 100% with his findings,wish I've read that earlier

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131