mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

neighbors yapper dog gets mauled/killed by other neighbors pit bull.

Again, I'm a dog owner. I love dogs but people keep saying 'poor pit'. The 'poor pit' BIT THE OWNER'S KID after killing the other dog a few days earlier.

Why assume dogs in general can't take into account size and threat level? They aren't stupid, instinct should tell them when a threat is genuine and the level of that threat. Otherwise they would just go around killing the owner if he smacks them, or ripping each other to shreds when there's any kind of conflict. I go to the dog park all the time, there's at least one scuffle every visit and I've never seen an injury worthy of stitches. The problem is when a dog's aggression level too high - if it's incapable of distinguishing a real threat from a 5 lb yapper or a child, for instance. This is then compounded when pits and other large dogs can kill with a single bite. If a dog like that can't make the right determination and just goes into kill mode in the wrong scenario, it's not only a liability but also it's just fucked up morally when owners can't acknowledge it.

I answered this already. But to be more clear. A dog will distinguish between its family and an outsider. Just because a dog killed another dog does not mean the family is in danger. If a dog is biting family members than it clearly wasn't trained/supervised properly. Still a sad story for the dog, because the owner should have known what to prevent it.

All dogs are domesticate wolves. All have been breed to have diffrent ability and physical attributes pleasing to human.

in a dogs mind, all other dogs are around 75lbs have very thick skin. And mean what they say (in their body language) he doesn't know the dog threating him has paper thin skin and easily killed

Last edited:
Again, I'm a dog owner. I love dogs but people keep saying 'poor pit'. The 'poor pit' BIT THE OWNER'S KID after killing the other dog a few days earlier.

Why assume dogs in general can't take into account size and threat level? They aren't stupid, instinct should tell them when a threat is genuine and the level of that threat. Otherwise they would just go around killing the owner if he smacks them, or ripping each other to shreds when there's any kind of conflict. I go to the dog park all the time, there's at least one scuffle every visit and I've never seen an injury worthy of stitches. The problem is when a dog's aggression level too high - if it's incapable of distinguishing a real threat from a 5 lb yapper or a child, for instance. This is then compounded when pits and other large dogs can kill with a single bite. If a dog like that can't make the right determination and just goes into kill mode in the wrong scenario, it's not only a liability but also it's just fucked up morally when owners can't acknowledge it.

Frankdux I'm quoting you mostly because I can address your comments since they are not overflowing with emotions. And can use them to educate. Not that you are not making good point.

Regardless of the law, there is common sense and right or wrong. A 5 lb yapper isn't going to hurt a pit bull. That's like saying "a 10 year old punched me so I knocked him the fuck out... he started it". Common sense, if the pit bull is that dangerous it should at least be behind a fence, not roped up in the yard.

I can understand this thinking. But you know a 10year old not by size. But by juvenile characteristics. If a short grown man did the same things would be different. Same with most dogs. If a puppy wandered in the pitbulls territory it "sould" be different if the dog had been socialized.

If you want to learn the TRUTH about pits...

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread, please allow me to clarify.

When any dog becomes a yapper, it means the animal is anxious. This is the bugger psrt of thr issue, not the pit. I trained my dog to "drop" on the first time i say that command, she will even spit out treats and food.

Pitbulls are NOT bad dogs, they do have genetically-bred-in instincts, like all dogs, and they will feel and smell fear and anxiety and it makes them nervous.

Imagine being the pitbul and the yapper dog is a crackhead acting irratic.. You are going to hone in on this odd behavior and if it makes you feel scared or nervous, you want to solve this problem for you AND your master.

You guys should watch Cesar Milan a.k.a The Dog Whisperer. He has an ex-fighting pit he uses to calm down aggressive dogs. He connects their collars and voila thr dogs help eachother.

My pitbull/boxer is HIGHLY intelligent and responds to 30+ commands. It really goes back to the dog's owner and training, my ex's kids would kiss her face and my dog fucking woukd lay by the kids and play legos with them, no shit!! She is an abused rescue animal but somehow she still absolutely LOVES people, kids and dogs.

However, she knows to protect me, if you come up on us, she knows what I expect and she will absolutely lay down her life for me.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread, please allow me to clarify.

When any dog becomes a yapper, it means the animal is anxious. This is the bugger psrt of thr issue, not the pit. I trained my dog to "drop" on the first time i say that command, she will even spit out treats and food.

Pitbulls are NOT bad dogs, they do have genetically-bred-in instincts, like all dogs, and they will feel and smell fear and anxiety and it makes them nervous.

Imagine being the pitbul and the yapper dog is a crackhead acting irratic.. You are going to hone in on this odd behavior and if it makes you feel scared or nervous, you want to solve this problem for you AND your master.

You guys should watch Cesar Milan a.k.a The Dog Whisperer. He has an ex-fighting pit he uses to calm down aggressive dogs. He connects their collars and voila thr dogs help eachother.

My pitbull/boxer is HIGHLY intelligent and responds to 30+ commands. It really goes back to the dog's owner and training, my ex's kids would kiss her face and my dog fucking woukd lay by the kids and play legos with them, no shit!! She is an abused rescue animal but somehow she still absolutely LOVES people, kids and dogs.

However, she knows to protect me, if you come up on us, she knows what I expect and she will absolutely lay down her life for me.

Awesome post, and as statistics show other dogs have been seen more aggressive and attacked people.

Specifically rotts German shepards etc

Labs typically have the highest bite rate. Mainly due to their popularity so 1 in 4 dogs are a lab or lab mix. There is no such thing as a safe or bad breed.

Labs typically have the highest bite rate. Mainly due to their popularity so 1 in 4 dogs are a lab or lab mix. There is no such thing as a safe or bad breed.

You are right. By your definition then some breeds are just safer breeds to have and some are just badder breeds to have, as far as biting/attacking. There is a reason that the police use German Shepards often they are easy to train for the job. They are loyal, have a good size and have a strong bite instinct that they learned through the generations of guarding. The police just need to channel that behavior over to the job they want the dog to do. I have had Boxers for years, they are very rowdy guy's that can get other dogs going very easy. so I try to tone it down before it starts. A trainer for the police that i was talking to told me that it takes them about 3x longer to train a boxer for guard work as they have to teach them to bite. The local animal control officer with 30+ years experience has told me that he can not ever remember seeing a vicious boxer, dominate yes but to attack and try to kill for no reason, nope. Most dogs will bite if given a reason,or at least if they think they have a reason. Going for the kill etc. is some thing that some breeds were bred for so they have a higher probability of doing just that.

Let me tell you, you are extremely fucking ignorant.

I have noticed as far as males go they stay loyal to one person and that is it.

FYI German shepherds and rotties have killed more than pitbull have and my dog is probably more intelligent than you.

Been used for fighting cause they're so fucking loyal and plenty of dogs used for hunting we should ban all of those also and give jail time for owners huh!

Any dog is dangerous FYI my dog never enganged in any fights he is extremely playful and was always forced to fight back.

Lol owners facing jail time god your hilarious!
2012 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

Last edited:

Even if it were true, this is a misleading statistic to quote and your final statement has no correlation to it. Pitbulls account for the largest number of attacks, deaths etc, despite being less than %5 of the dog population.

Last edited:
Even if it were true, this is a misleading statistic to quote and your final statement has no correlation to it. Pitbulls account for the largest number of attacks, deaths etc, despite being less than %5 of the dog population.

Exactly. I actually like pit bulls, but I wouldnt have one around young children nor would have one if I lived in a neighborhood that had a lots of kids. If you have one and it bites, especially if it mauls or kills, then the owner should be held criminally liable for it.

Man this has been one interesting thread that has really hit home of late. Just last week, in the pre dawn hours I was awoke by my (small) german shepherd mix screaming her guts out, and when I ran out to see what the hell was happening, there were the neighbors' two pit bulls, who got loose, attacking her. I instinctively ran and opened the garden hose on to them and got them to retreat; my dog got pretty damn banged up; but thank God survived.

its becoming a problem. they had a special on the news this weekend about dog park maulings. ive seen an influx of dogs n my neighborhood. with the real estate market turning back around i see lots of foreclosures being bought cheap, renovated and rented out. the renters are showing up with their dogs. i recently put a sign in my yard reminding people to pick up after their pet. in the town i live in its illegal to walk your dog without a plastic baggie on you. nothing i hate more than when someone lets their dog shit in my yard!

I've worked for a parks dept. in the past, and with the big trend in dog parks this has really become a big problem, not just with dogs attacking each other (and their owners) in those parks, but also in the diseases some dogs transmit to others. I've never brought my dog to one of those, and never will.

I've worked for a parks dept. in the past, and with the big trend in dog parks this has really become a big problem, not just with dogs attacking each other (and their owners) in those parks, but also in the diseases some dogs transmit to others. I've never brought my dog to one of those, and never will.
agreed! never been to one and have no desire to go. i have a very large yard and a pool. between that and a LEASHED walk here and there my dogs get the exercise they need at home!

imho dog parks are areas for people to try to meet other people or some shit.

Man this has been one interesting thread that has really hit home of late. Just last week, in the pre dawn hours I was awoke by my (small) german shepherd mix screaming her guts out, and when I ran out to see what the hell was happening, there were the neighbors' two pit bulls, who got loose, attacking her. I instinctively ran and opened the garden hose on to them and got them to retreat; my dog got pretty damn banged up; but thank God survived.

Why would your small dog be left outside overnight? I have a good sized dog and I would never leave her outside overnight with all the animals around. Especially raccoons or opossums with rabies. Seems irresponsible.

To clarify, my dog has a little house very, very close to my house and the patio. On very warm nights I leave her out there for the night, which was the case when she got attacked. The neighbor's dogs had got loose (they are always getting loose) and were roaming around. As far as I'm concerned they're the irresponsible ones for not attending to their animals and letting them loose like that.....
Why would your small dog be left outside overnight? I have a good sized dog and I would never leave her outside overnight with all the animals around. Especially raccoons or opossums with rabies. Seems irresponsible.

To clarify, my dog has a little house very, very close to my house and the patio. On very warm nights I leave her out there for the night, which was the case when she got attacked. The neighbor's dogs had got loose (they are always getting loose) and were roaming around. As far as I'm concerned they're the irresponsible ones for not attending to their animals and letting them loose like that.....

I agree they are irresponsible for letting their dogs get loose all the time, doesn't mean it's not partially your fault for leaving your dog out KNOWING that your neighbors dogs could get loose. I know a lot of people who leave their dogs out on nice nights, but they have a little fenced in area where another dog or animal couldn't get in. I guess I'm just a little more cautious, but my dog has also never been attacked in the middle of the night.

I agree they are irresponsible for letting their dogs get loose all the time, doesn't mean it's not partially your fault for leaving your dog out KNOWING that your neighbors dogs could get loose. I know a lot of people who leave their dogs out on nice nights, but they have a little fenced in area where another dog or animal couldn't get in. I guess I'm just a little more cautious, but my dog has also never been attacked in the middle of the night.

Regardless, it's a horrible situation. Very sad

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDrummer47
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity