over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some recent blood work - low cholesterol

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just had some blood work done on Nov 24h which was 8 weeks from last administration of Test E and EQ. After the 8 weeks was 4 weeks of PCT - clom/tamox. The blood was drawn 2 weeks after stopping the 4 week PCT, I really wanted to wait 4-6 weeks after stopping PCT but timing wasn't going to work.

My Free Test was 21.9 with the range being 6.8-21.5 so that was a little high.

Total Test was 884 with the range being 348-1107. This is very high for me, usually I am in the low to mid 500's when I am not on anything for a long time so if I had waited 4-6 weeks I am thinking my test levels would have normalized a little more.

That being said my cholesterol was the lowest I have ever seen:

109 total. (was 159 in August)
Triglyceride: 39 - range is 30-150
HDL - 41 - range is 40-85 (I have never been able to get my HDL's in a higher end range and actually it dropped 2 points since my last blood test in August.)
LDL - 61 - range is 20-130
Chol/HDL Ratio - 2.7 - range is 0.0-4.5
VLDL-1 was 7 - range is 6-40
Non-HDL cholesterol was 68 - range is 50-160.

Vit D - 70.6 with the range of 30-100 being sufficient, anything over 100 is toxic.

Liver values were in the upper normal but I am usually a lot less than upper normal (when clean for a while) more like middle range so still trying to get that down.

All other tests were great.

Some notes.

Blood drawn in August my cholesterol was 159. so it dropped 50 points. That blood work was done 2 weeks post test/eq/tren and 2 weeks off being off a ketogenic diet that I was on for 10 weeks. The keto diet brought it down from the mid 180's to 159. My diet was a lot "cleaner" and cardio more on point than my recent bloods though I am still on a good diet though total cholesterol was a lot lower this time.

Things that changed since August blood work:

Been taking IP6, Citrus Bergamot, Ubiquinol - maybe contributed to the reduction in cholesterol? Was hoping HDL would go up.

Also added 5,000+ units of Vitamin D as well as TUDCA for the liver.

Or was it the Tamoxifen that lowered the cholesterol?

That is really my main question from this blood work. Not sure if this is impressive or borderline not good (too low).

Damn man thats pretty awesome! I recently bought the citrus, ip6, and ubi, what are ur dosages of the three thru out the day?

Did u add any cardio at all?

And where does ur hematocrit and iron levels sit since taking the ip6?

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Damn man thats pretty awesome! I recently bought the citrus, ip6, and ubi, what are ur dosages of the three thru out the day?

Did u add any cardio at all?

And where does ur hematocrit and iron levels sit since taking the ip6?

I was doing cardio 5 days a week at night but I stopped cardio for about a week prior to the blood work just to take a break or a bit. But my August blood work I was doing the same cardio as current.

I take 100mg 2 times a day of Jarrow Ubiquinol QH-Absorb.
1 500mg cap of Citrus Bergamot before dinner.
I cap of Now brand IP6 (680mg) between breakfast and mid morning shake.

No hematocrit or iron levels tested, was annoyed. I don't think the nurse had a clue as I told her I wanted a full work up plus test and free test but usually my hematocrit doesn't budge, last time I had it tested was in August after being off of EQ and test and it was low/normal (not sure if it normalizes after 2 weeks). I don't think I have ever seen my hematocrit levels high from many years of blood work, its always in the mid 40's.

Actually a correction, in August it was 50.6 (2 weeks off stuff) so not sure if it was much higher on but that is still in the normal range.

I just looked at blood work from 2009 and it was also 50.6 and that was from being off AAS for like literally 6 years.  

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I was doing cardio 5 days a week at night but I stopped cardio for about a week prior to the blood work just to take a break or a bit. But my August blood work I was doing the same cardio as current.

I take 100mg 2 times a day of Jarrow Ubiquinol QH-Absorb.
1 500mg cap of Citrus Bergamot before dinner.
I cap of Now brand IP6 (680mg) between breakfast and mid morning shake.

No hematocrit or iron levels tested, was annoyed. I don't think the nurse had a clue as I told her I wanted a full work up plus test and free test but usually my hematocrit doesn't budge, last time I had it tested was in August after being off of EQ and test and it was low/normal (not sure if it normalizes after 2 weeks). I don't think I have ever seen my hematocrit levels high from many years of blood work, its always in the mid 40's.

Actually a correction, in August it was 50.6 (2 weeks off stuff) so not sure if it was much higher on but that is still in the normal range.

I just looked at blood work from 2009 and it was also 50.6 and that was from being off AAS for like literally 6 years.  

Ok cool yeah i just got the jarrow citrus and the qui u have as well, ive seen another guys hematocrit lower due to ip6 and cardio, so it maybe a good thing to add, citrus ive read studies so it all may help? Im gonna give it all a go as soon as i get mine in....

My hematocrit is at or around 50-52 and im on nothing at all... Been off trt since sept-oct due to hematocrit.... So i hope adding in cardio and ip6 might help lpwer it? Im just worried about destroying my iron levels.... Dont want to become anemic or anything

What for of cardio and at what length? I definetly will benefit from doing cardio on the days i dont lift...

Ok cool yeah i just got the jarrow citrus and the qui u have as well, ive seen another guys hematocrit lower due to ip6 and cardio, so it maybe a good thing to add, citrus ive read studies so it all may help? Im gonna give it all a go as soon as i get mine in....

My hematocrit is at or around 50-52 and im on nothing at all... Been off trt since sept-oct due to hematocrit.... So i hope adding in cardio and ip6 might help lpwer it? Im just worried about destroying my iron levels.... Dont want to become anemic or anything

What for of cardio and at what length? I definetly will benefit from doing cardio on the days i dont lift...

I do 35-40 minutes on the treadmill. 3.5mph with a 5 to 6.5 incline. Cardio is great for lowering cholesterol of course if diet is also in check.

Unless you are living at 10,000ft above sea level, you really need to get a sleep study done. I know we've discussed this before.

You are looking in the wrong direction trying to find the quick fix to lower your HH.

Do you smoke by chance, or anyone in your family have COPD or emphysema? If so you should speak to your primary care provider to be screened for Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency.

Otherwise stick with plan A. rule out OSA.

Unless you are living at 10,000ft above sea level, you really need to get a sleep study done. I know we've discussed this before.

You are looking in the wrong direction trying to find the quick fix to lower your HH.

Do you smoke by chance, or anyone in your family have COPD or emphysema? If so you should speak to your primary care provider to be screened for Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency.

Otherwise stick with plan A. rule out OSA.

You r right stewie, i am looking to do ANYTHING to lower this, i have an app next week and will get another sleep study referral, i had an O2 test that was over night and it came back as normal, but i know a sleep study would be better....

I do not smoke, i have chewed tobacco for over 20 years tho....

No one in my family has copd, and no emphysema.....

My next visit they will prolly do a therapeutic phlem tho..

I have done a bit of research as well and ill ask u about it thru email if u dont mind?

Wonder if that year i spent on trt at 200 mlg per week has anything to do with all this? Ive never given blood while being on trt for 5-7 years, ive never had to....

Talk about low

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 87 L 100-189 MG/DL
TRIGLYCERIDES 47 0-114 MG/DL
HDL CHOLESTEROL 8 L >39 MG/DL
LDL CHOLESTEROL CALC 70 0-119 MG/DL

How low is too low... There are conflicting theories I think from what I've read. But I still wonder if since my total cholesterol is so low, does it matter that my HDL cholesterol is super low.

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL87 L100-189 MG/DL
TRIGLYCERIDES 47 0-114 MG/DL
HDL CHOLESTEROL 8 L>39 MG/DL
LDL CHOLESTEROL CALC70 0-119 MG/DL

How low is too low... There are conflicting theories I think from what I've read. But I still wonder if since my total cholesterol is so low, does it matter that my HDL cholesterol is super low.

I would say that seems dangerous to me such a low HDL. But not sure how it comes into play when total cholesterol is so low. How'd you get it so low?

I didn't do anything in particular. My doc asked if I eat really healthy, I said yes... but still lol. She said it could also just be a genetic thing.

But yea, I read online that no one really knows how extremely low HDL comes into play when total cholesterol is significantly low as well.

I recently started eating more things like almond butter to help with the LDL to HDL ratio because I think it's accepted that that is what's really important.

I didn't do anything in particular. My doc asked if I eat really healthy, I said yes... but still lol. She said it could also just be a genetic thing.

But yea, I read online that no one really knows how extremely low HDL comes into play when total cholesterol is significantly low as well.

I recently started eating more things like almond butter to help with the LDL to HDL ratio because I think it's accepted that that is what's really important.

Yeah I've eat a lot of almond butter too. I don't eat peanut butter anymore which I love but really got addicted to almond butter now.

For those who like peanut butter- Jiff brand actually has transfat! Look in the back in the ingredients. You will find "FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS."

From what I've read, transfats are like f'n mercury, in the sense that you should try to consume a zero amount if you can.

There are MANY natural peanut butters with literally three ingredients like salt, roasted peanuts, etc.

For those who like peanut butter- Jiff brand actually has transfat! Look in the back in the ingredients. You will find "FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS."

From what I've read, transfats are like f'n mercury, in the sense that you should try to consume a zero amount if you can.

There are MANY natural peanut butters with literally three ingredients like salt, roasted peanuts, etc.

Jif also makes a natural one that is creamy not with oil on top. Tastes almost the same as the regular.

Yea, my gf got natural Jiff PB after I told her about this.

Jiff's almond butter also has transfat in it lol, you would think most people going for almond butter are health conscious so they wouldn't put that in there, but maybe they're just going for those that are allergic to peanuts and don't care if there are transfats or not.

Bro do you mind posting your pct?

4 weeks of clomid and tamoxifen. 150mg a day of clomid the first week and 40mg tamox. Then each week taper down. I think the last week I was doing 50mg clomid and 20mg tamox.

I think 2 weeks before I did hcg but also do hcg sporadically throughout the entire AAS cycle.

Your cholesterol should go down definitely...but your HDL should come up. I will be highly disappointed if this doesn't pan out. ive been taking the 500mg 500mg dose 2x daily to get the 1000mg a day that was shown to be the most effective. I just had bloodwork done and will get the results in about a week. It will be very disappointing if my HDL isn't up at least 20% (im expecting 30-40% raise)..... There was a 42% raise in human subjects if I remember right (read abstract many months ago) at the 1000mg dose

Hypolipemic and hypoglycaemic activity of bergamot polyphenols: from animal models to human studies. - ResearchGate

fulltext is on right side of page

you are right to be concerned about the HDL level. don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Your cholesterol should go down definitely...but your HDL should come up. I will be highly disappointed if this doesn't pan out. ive been taking the 500mg 500mg dose 2x daily to get the 1000mg a day that was shown to be the most effective. I just had bloodwork done and will get the results in about a week. It will be very disappointing if my HDL isn't up at least 20% (im expecting 30-40% raise)..... There was a 42% raise in human subjects if I remember right (read abstract many months ago) at the 1000mg dose

Hypolipemic and hypoglycaemic activity of bergamot polyphenols: from animal models to human studies. - ResearchGate

fulltext is on right side of page

Thanks. Yeah please report back after you get the results. I'm going to up the dose of the citrus bergamot to 1 cap before breakfast and 1 cap before dinner.

I also wonder if there is a preferred method to taking it The bottle days 1 cap before dinner.

From the study Dante posted above.

" The reduction in cLDL was accompanied by a dose-dependent
elevation in cHDL in all patients. In the 10% subjects with the best response the effect on cHDL was very striking −64.6% (Table 1). In addition, metabolic syndrome patients presented a highly significant (Pb0.0001) reduction in blood glucose levels (mean value of −18.9% under 500 mg BPF treatment (C1 group) and −22.4% in C2 group). No changes in glucose levels were recorded after 30 days in the placebo group (Fig. 2, Table 2). These data suggest that BPF induces complex effects on metabolic regulation. As reported in Table 1 the maximum effect for all cholesterol parameters was seen in patients taking 1000 mg BPF daily, but differences between 500 mg and 1000 mg dosage were statistically significant only for cHDL. In addition, we evaluated the efficacy of BPF depending on the metabolic disorder, but the differences were not statistically significant (PN0.05) (Table 1). This suggests that BPF consump-tion corrects common mechanisms of cholesterol metabolism similarly deregulated in all 3 groups of patients."

So it seems going from 500mg a day to 1000mg a day there was a significant difference in increases in HDL. So yeah I'm definitely going to start 1000mg.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear